Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

One D&D Discussion

Talby

Arcane
Patron
Codex USB, 2014
D&D&DLC

J1M

Arcane

Agree with the video, but I'd still like to make a case for VTTs in general, not the D&Done virtual abomination coming our way.

I use Foundry VTT and it offers a completely customizable experience with no microtransactions. Most modules are free and let you set up a game the way you want to, either with just a flat, hand-drawn map with a couple of tokens, or a fully interactive map with lighting, interactive doors and dynamic lighting. Also, you buy the program once and you're done. No subscriptions.

Obviously playing IRL is always better, but the fact is that (at least from my recent experience) it's harder and harder to schedule an IRL session. VTTs thus provide a way to play, but only those that still treat the game as a TTRPG and NOT a video game.

Reminder that they tried the same VTT business model for 4e, and their level of software competence as a business was so low that the death of a single software engineer via an infidelity-induced murder-suicide prevented the product from reaching the public.

deuxhero

Arcane
https://archive.is/GLUkZ

On tonight's episode of Wizard's self destruction, they admit everything gets multiple sensitivity readers, even reprints, and that half-elves and half-orcs are banned from future products and official events because the concept "is inherently racist".

The only RPG race popularity poll I've seen with a relevant sample size and results collection methodology says Half-Elf is actually the second most popular race, behind human, and leads the third (Elf) by a significant gap. May be influenced by it being PF1 based, where Half-elves are genuinely useful for lots of stuff and elves are only good for a small number of classes.

NJClaw

OoOoOoOoOoh
Patron
Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture
"Basically, we're very happy with the game the way it is today, we just want to build on that"

Woah, looks like somebody learned something from the 4th edition PR disaster.

But wait...

c.png

They got japanese cuties in D&D now???!!!!!!!

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom