Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

One law for thee...

Repressed Homosexual
I think it's rude to automatically merge so many threads into gigantic megathreads that nobody really asks for, and which make it so it is impossible to discuss or ask for information about certain RPGs without being a regular of these threads and following them for months if not years and thus invest an inordinate amount of time in them. It's a huge part of why I and many others simply can't be bothered with it these days.

However, when Infinitron finds an opportunity to get likes, he doesn't have the decency to simply update and rename a thread that people have discussed in for years. No, he ignores the very rule he imposes on so many others.

Darth Roxor

Royal Dongsmith
Staff Member
Stab-in-the-back_postcard.jpg

time to cut up some threads

Roguey

Codex Staff
Staff Member
Sawyerite
One can argue that the previous thread was the "Ginsburg death pre-release" thread and the current one is the "Ginsburg death released" thread, which is a practice I approve of and I wish more posters would take initiative and start a new fucking thread when a game is actually able to played rather than wait for Infinitron to go through the effort of splitting it himself.

Repressed Homosexual
One can argue that the previous thread was the "Ginsburg death pre-release" thread and the current one is the "Ginsburg death released" thread, which is a practice I approve of and I wish more posters would take initiative and start a new fucking thread when a game is actually able to played rather than wait for Infinitron to go through the effort of splitting it himself.

The thing is that nobody asks for this in the first place. This is something I noticed over and over in 30 years of using the Internet. Moderators making artificial actions or measures that people do not want to begin with, just to look useful and indispensable.

Repressed Homosexual

The entire point of my 10+ years of posting here was denouncing unpleasant or uncomfortable things I found unfair without any concern at all to be liked. I'm as far removed from popularity contests as one can be. It really is no different to how I was as far as elementary school.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom