Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Online petition - Serpent in the Staglands review

Will you sign Diggfinger's SitS review petition?

• Total voters

Leitz

Learned
Then it's no wonder that the mainstream press ignores it. I never played Darklands, but it's actually on my HD right now. Why should I take the nostalgia substitute instead?
That's like saying you already own five books, so why would you buy any new ones.
If I haven't read the five books I'd only buy a great one. Even though everyone recommended me Shovel Knight, I ended up hating it. It was just a bunch of ideas of old games thrown into a new Indie pixel art title. From your descriptions this game is nothing more than a Shovel Knight.

agris

Arcane
Patron
Then it's no wonder that the mainstream press ignores it. I never played Darklands, but it's actually on my HD right now. Why should I take the nostalgia substitute instead?
That's like saying you already own five books, so why would you buy any new ones.
If I haven't read the five books I'd only buy a great one. Even though everyone recommended me Shovel Knight, I ended up hating it. It was just a bunch of ideas of old games thrown into a new Indie pixel art title. From your descriptions this game is nothing more than a Shovel Knight.
You've got the wrong impression. Read the last ~20 pages of the SitS threads, or the long positive steam reviews.

vampiregrave

Educated
It's great to see people eager to support games like SitS, but I'm not sure this will help. It has already been mentioned and I agree: word of mouth and steam reviews are important and might make a considerable difference in the long run.

By the way, Is anyone writing a review for the Codex? It would be great to have a well written analysis to share with friends, so they can learn about the game. I found the ones shared here rather poor (to say the least).

Self-Ejected

Bubbles

I'm forever blowing
By the way, Is anyone writing a review for the Codex? It would be great to have a well written analysis to share with friends, so they can learn about the game. I found the ones shared here rather poor (to say the least).

Tuluse is, should be ready within 2-3 months.

Diggfinger

Arcane
Someone like Spoony, if he's still sane, would be a good fit.

Good idea. Sadly, however, he only seems interested in talking about wrestling atm (the Lord knows why and who finds that interesting) and setting up his Patreon movie project.

He has been showing some gameplay footage on Livewire such as Dark Souls and Lucifer which were interesting though. Perhaps we will see him review some RPGs soon again.

Ps: forgot that he only likes to talk about really crappy games. Don't think SitS fits in that JRPG category.

Someone like Lazy Game Reviews should be perfect for this game, though. Not sure he's a hardcore RPG gamer but at least he should appreciate the graphics.

- Digg

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom