Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Onlive died today.

Will you try Onlive?

• Yes

Votes: 3 4.0%
  • No

Votes: 61 81.3%
  • KC(I am gay)

Votes: 11 14.7%

• Total voters

taxalot

I'm a spicy fellow.
Patron
Codex 2013 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015
When Steam announces its shut down, either get a huge ass Hard Drive and download everything or get the games back off Piratebay.

Makabb

Arcane
Shitposter Bethestard
When Steam announces its shut down, either get a huge ass Hard Drive and download everything or get the games back off Piratebay.

I wonder what will happen to my games on dvd that need steam activation.

Makabb

Arcane
Shitposter Bethestard
This is why online drm is most stupid thing ever, games are cracked anyway, the only one that is hurting is legitimate buyer.

Deleted member 7219

So pleased to see it die.

I remember when OnLive was all anybody ever fucking talked about, in the years before it launched and for a few years after. ONLIVE, ONLIVE, ONLIVE. Every damn gaming website. Journos talking about Onlive. Commenters asking about Onlive. "WHEN IS THIS GAME COMING TO ONLIVE? I'LL ONLY GET IT IF I CAN GET IT FROM ONLIVE."

Norfleet

Having played games through VNC before (for farming and multibox purposes), I cannot see why anyone would actually want to play them that way. Since one does not really farm or multibox a single player game, why would you want to eat the HORRIBLE performance and crappy control quality of doing so?

Shadorwun: Hong Kong
It seemed like just yesterday that I had to lurk this board with wellington boots due to all of Xi's slobbering about OnLive.

I wonder if he'll descend into necrophilia. It's dead, man. Let it go.

BlackAdderBG

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2013 Codex 2014 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Grab the Codex by the pussy Codex USB, 2014 Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker
So pleased to see it die.

I remember when OnLive was all anybody ever fucking talked about, in the years before it launched and for a few years after. ONLIVE, ONLIVE, ONLIVE. Every damn gaming website. Journos talking about Onlive. Commenters asking about Onlive. "WHEN IS THIS GAME COMING TO ONLIVE? I'LL ONLY GET IT IF I CAN GET IT FROM ONLIVE."

That sounds familiar...VR,VR,VR!!!:M

LordDenton

Augur
Never, you filthy heretic.
Well, Online and Steam are practically the same thing. You need to talk to their servers to play your games, and when the service dies all your games will die with it. Enjoy your gaming-as-a-service bullshit.

Deleted member 7219

Well, Online and Steam are practically the same thing. You need to talk to their servers to play your games, and when the service dies all your games will die with it. Enjoy your gaming-as-a-service bullshit.

Not quite. You can play offline after initial activation, most games will work after replacing the exe with a cracked one, and the game is on your own PC so no streaming / low settings bollocks and all the modding / customisation potential you should expect from PC gaming.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom