Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Open Group Co-Op Games

Zombra

An iron rock in the river of blood and evil
Patron
Make the Codex Great Again! RPG Wokedex Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming! Serpent in the Staglands Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
Think you know gaming? Prove it!

OK, now that your pride is on the line, help me find a good game for my group. We have a lot of requirements.
  • Game must support at least up to 8 players, preferably even more.
  • Game should still be fun and playable with just 2 or 3 people.
  • Game must support full co-op.
  • Game must support online connections, i.e. no LAN-only games.
  • Game must support private sessions, i.e. no MMOs.
  • Game should feature hooks to make recurring play fun: lots of maps, level progression, huge world to explore, construction projects, anything that might keep things from becoming stagnant. This does not necessarily mean a saved world state.
  • Game should be good.
I'm having a tough time finding something that meets all these requirements. If you're bored and feel like doing a bunch of research for me ... well ... thanks in advance.

DJOGamer PT

Arcane
Game must support at least up to 8 players,

8+ player capacity is asking too much, most only allow 2-5 players.

The only ones I know of the top of my head would be:
-Minecraft
-EYE Divine Cybermancy
-Human: Fall Flat
-Trackmania Nations Forever (not really co-op but still fun to play with friends)

The rest would be military themed shooters:
-Battlefield 4 or 1
-Arma 2 or 3 (although since it's a simulator it isn't as immedeately fun on a casual setting as something like BF)

Last edited:

Alphons

Cipher
No More Room in Hell

https://store.steampowered.com/app/224260/No_More_Room_in_Hell/

• Up to 8 players
  • Loads of maps in 2 modes (Survival and Objectives), most of them having some changes between playthroughs (some paths will be locked, others will open, certain objectives may not appear)
  • Highly customisable settings- from the way damage and infection function, disabling/enabling some zombie types and their overall amount
  • Great arsenal- melee, civilian, police and military firearms
  • Completely free
Some bad stuff- setting up private lobby can be a pain in the ass first time- you have to set up listen server with Hamachi (didn't try Game ranger)
https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=190894151

Melee is a bit janky considering it's a Half Life mod

Berekän

A life wasted
Patron
Killing Floor has everything you want. By default it only support up to 6 players, but there's servers and ways to have even more players.

Swat 4
Diablo 2
Serious Sam 3: BFE
Alien Swarm: Reactive Drop
Running With Rifles
DUNG LORDS

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom