Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Game News Operencia: The Stolen Sun is an upcoming turn-based dungeon crawler by a Hungarian pinball developer

Darkzone

Arcane
Detected some vanilla assets from the unreal marketplace and also the change of styles ( cartoony <--> with cel shader) doesn't help in my opinion. Nevertheless if i have the time i will try it out, because it is made by Magyars.

Last edited:

McLovinZen

Zen Studios
Developer
Hi everyone, hope you don't mind me commenting here - I work for Zen Studios and saw this topic (thanks OP for posting it!)

Glad you guys seem to like the premise and the style of the game, we hope to deliver there.

As for the party, we have hero creation and a selection of companions to choose and use during the game.

If you have any questions, I would be happy to answer (those of which I'm allowed at this point).

[I understand that you can't believe a dude who just registered to be associated with a game, so I'm happy to talk to anyone on Discord or anywhere else you see fit. Or you can send me an email at mclovin at zenstudios.com)

McLovinZen

Zen Studios
Developer
Nice, there are.

Although more like the woodland red-hat funny kind of dwarves who use magic and give riddles, not so much as the Tolkien-esque hardasses with the axes.

Valky

Arcane
Manlet
Hi everyone, hope you don't mind me commenting here - I work for Zen Studios and saw this topic (thanks OP for posting it!)

Glad you guys seem to like the premise and the style of the game, we hope to deliver there.

As for the party, we have hero creation and a selection of companions to choose and use during the game.

If you have any questions, I would be happy to answer (those of which I'm allowed at this point).

[I understand that you can't believe a dude who just registered to be associated with a game, so I'm happy to talk to anyone on Discord or anywhere else you see fit. Or you can send me an email at mclovin at zenstudios.com)
Do the playable characters have access to magick and if so how much magick is there in the game?

ManaJunkie

Arbiter
YES! Non japanese blobber...there can not be enought of them! Looks promising. I hope the fights and riddles will be challenging.

ghostdog

Arcane
Patron
I'll be watching this, it looks promising. I hope there is a wide selection of pre-made characters though.

McLovinZen

Zen Studios
Developer

Do the playable characters have access to magick and if so how much magick is there in the game?

Yes, you can play as a mage and have magical abilities. I'd say there is a fair amount but it is woven through Central European tales and is sort of a mix of traditional fantasy magics and the one from legends.

McLovinZen

Zen Studios
Developer
Can you elaborate on the character development/customization a bit? Stats, skills and other numbers stuff?
How open is the gameworld?

We'll have some more detailed info on these, I don't want to spoil too much right now. Although to answer your question somewhat, you'll have what you would expect from a game like this in term of skills, builds etc.

In regards of the gameworld, you will be able to follow the narrative through the game while exploring the different levels.

entr0py

Scholar
Wow, what a surprise, a blobber developed by fellow Hungarians. Niiiceee! I have put 70 hours even into the mediocre Bard's Tale 4 so this will probably be a :d1p:
Hope it turns out good, the trailer got me interested for sure!

Good luck boys!

KeighnMcDeath

RPG Codex Boomer
What? Sonic Spinball CRPG?

After god awful mm9 did the new company redeem MMX to be worth a damn?

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom