Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Fallout Original Fallout Trilogy receives Bethesda update on Steam!

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth

Lios

Cipher
Have they toned any of the FO2 "unproper" content down? I think they removed the childkilling?

Jaesun

Fabulous Ex-Moderator
Patron
MCA
Well, they credited Mash by name in their readme, which makes me think they at least spoke to him. Does the latest version of his patch come packaged with it or something?

For Fallout 2, do you mean Killap (not Mash)? And yes, most of the fixed in Killaps patch require sfall, because it uses functions that are not in the original fallout 2 code.

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
Well, they credited Mash by name in their readme, which makes me think they at least spoke to him. Does the latest version of his patch come packaged with it or something?

For Fallout 2, do you mean Killap (not Mash)? And yes, most of the fixed in Killaps patch require sfall, because it uses functions that are not in the original fallout 2 code.

No, I don't mean killap. Yeah, looks like it isn't integrated.

Actually, now I see that in the Fallout 2 readme they didn't mention any of them by name (even though they mentioned Mash's name in the readme for Fallout 1). Why the inconsistency

Decado

Old time handsome face wrecker
Patron
Codex 2014
I could be wrong, but I think if Bethesda wants to include anything created by someone else -- even if it was released for free -- into one of their releases, they are looking at paying the person for it. So whether they got the credit or not, it seems likely they got paid. And call me a filthy American pig capitalist but I'd take the money over the recognition any day of the week.

DalekFlay

Arcane
Patron
I could be wrong, but I think if Bethesda wants to include anything created by someone else -- even if it was released for free -- into one of their releases, they are looking at paying the person for it. So whether they got the credit or not, it seems likely they got paid. And call me a filthy American pig capitalist but I'd take the money over the recognition any day of the week.

lol @ modders getting paid.

I doubt the modders would demand payment anyway, someone with that mindset would invest their time into more profitable activities. Besides, would Bethesda send them an email asking how much potato they'd like in exchange for letting their mod be integrated into a new version of the game? They probably just asked permission.

LESS T_T

Arcane
Codex 2014
lWmfYtu.jpg

:troll:

Haba

Harbinger of Decline
Patron
Codex 2012 MCA Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2
I don't get the big deal, it's not like they've rewritten the credits just the copyright/license information. And, yes, Bethesda owns the franchise.

A company that had absolutely nothing to do with the original plasters the splash screen with their copyright.

It's a damn good thing Bethesda/Zenijews don't own any paintings amirite?

Daedalos

Arcane
The Real Fanboy
Fucking Bethesda.

Hope everybody had the chance to get it from GOG before it was removed.

Cadmus

Arcane
I actually don't mind this at all. Sometimes getting the older games to work can be a monumental pain in the ass. If there is a painless way to play them without having to fuck around with DOSBox or creating custom resolutions or not having to deal with stupid bugs (for example, getting them to work when you have a dual monitor setup) then I say go for it. This isn't a reason for me to buy them all over again, but I can see the appeal for people who want to play them and don't want to fuck around with downloading and installing texture packs and workarounds.
Umm, they were already working and on steam and gog. Bethesda took them down until they made their changes.

What do you mean, "they were already working"? I have the GoG versions and I had to do quite a bit of post-installation bullshitting to get them to run. I was downloading resolution packs and whatnot. And I still had issues getting it to run on a dual screen setup, since apparently two monitors was fucking up the resolution.

I didn't download them off steam, but I suspect the same thing was true -- I would have had to go hunting for XYZ and started installing shit to get the best experience. Am I wrong?
I downloaded them somewhere, dunno even where and F1 was working perfectly I think, maybe I had to disable the 2nd screen? F2 I had to shut down explorer.exe to unfuck the colour palette and that's all. Bethesda sucks cocks as always.

DragoFireheart

all caps, rainbow colors, SOMETHING.
Thankfully I own both the CDs and the GoG versions so Bethesda can go fuck off.

Baron Dupek

Arcane
Not sure which game is worse in the bestseller list - Fallout collection with Beth scars on it or Alien:CM...

Crooked Bee

(no longer) a wide-wandering bee
Patron
Codex 2013 Codex 2014 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire MCA Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire
So, as soon as they were free to sell it and felt like they could turn in a profit, Fallout 1 and 2 became "your beloved Fallout classics" again :M

Lemming42

Arcane
I plunged into the Steam store reviews. Abandon all hope etc:

I want my money back D: it never said it was such a stupid game, I was expecting an FPS like one of the other Fallouts... wtf?!
(Fallout 2)

All the rest of these are reviews of Fallout 1.

i got into the fallout world with FO3 and shouldnt of listened to all the "old school" players raving on about it great story or not its dated and i mean dated

this game is not worth your time. The story is not interesting. The characters i didnt care about. If you want to paly a good fllout game play fallout 2, 3, or new vegas.

But with that aside, Fallout New Vegas was my first Fallout game which I enjoyed very much and after looking into its predecessors, I realised that Fallout 1 and 2 were VERY different games.
Upon picking this game up...I just couldn't get into it and it was easy to put down.
I just didn't see it as exciting or entertaining and I hated the fact that going to different areas was completley contructed of fast travel as opposed to exploring the empty wasteland.

Presentation: 8/10 - It looks pretty good for its time.

Control: 6/10 - It's difficult to know what everything does but when you get used to it, it's okay.

Gameplay: 4/10 - For me, it felt like a difficult, slow, snorefest, I recommend the far superior, Fallout 3 and New Vegas.

Final Verdict: 4/10

Possibly the best and most puzzling review of Fallout ever:
Man. The Internet totally ruined the word "sir" and diluted the idea of being a "gentleman" past recognition. Everything it finds it beats into the ground until nobody wants to hear it anymore, and then keeps going anyway.

Now we have fedora wearing neckbearded my little pony fapping acne riddled ♥♥♥♥♥ hentai posting live action role playing self meme coining asperger riddled fat gamer ♥♥♥♥s everywhere. A whole ♥♥♥♥ing lost generation of people that have all the worst aspects of being nerds without even necessarily being very good at using computers. And soon, all of these useless ♥♥♥♥s are going to buy Oculus Rift VR goggles and abscond into an even worse cyberspace that will make Second Life look downright palatable and they'll sit there absorbing welfare and free wifi while the rest of us ♥♥♥♥s work for a living.

diahrea with zitti and butt sauce

Boring, it may have been great if I played it 20 years ago or during it's time but now it's just very boring. It's very similar to command and conquer yet different. Back in the 1990's great yes, now... :( I want to like it, but finding it diffult to do so.. I wouldn't say dislike, I'd say more like a lack of excitment. I'm falling asleep.

To be fair there must of been a reason as to why games weren't as popular back then, the bore factor.

Game play is hard, controls are not easy to use.

i have no idea what to do

Why in the world did i buy this....

Story is confusing. Controls are Horrendous. Don't play this if you are expecting the same experience as Fallout 3 or New Vegas, It's graphics are horrible and it is far to difficult for your average game playing person. Some of it's flaws can be forgiven because of it's age but it doesn't save it.

THIS GAME SUCKS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

This is my fave review ever:

worst game i've ever played. along with their other games

Harold

Arcane
In before Bethesda releases quest-compass DLC for FO1&2.

:hearnoevil:: FINDING THE WATER CHIP HAS NEVER BEEN EASIER!

:gumpyhead:: BE SURE TO ALSO PURCHASE THE SPECIAL HORSE DOGMEAT ARMOR FOR ONLY $ 4.99

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom