Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

*out of date* - PS:T 1024x768 UI pack (v0.6)

Thrasher

Erudite
taplonaplo said:
EDIT: the bamresizer is way more convenient than the workshop(for resizing as it can do batch resize), but i have the same problem with it(resized bam flickers in inventory) and of course there's a quality loss with resizing.

You got me on the flickering. As far as quality goes, I wouldn't worry too much about that, unless you feel like redrawing the graphics. ;)

They should look no worse than full screen scaling of 800x600 resolution. I'd think they would look better since they won't be as big (unless the scaling prog has a bug, of course). The scaling prog should be doing some averaging of the neighbors in the original image for pixels on the edges. That should help to reduce blockiness (with some loss to sharpness).

taplonaplo

Scholar
Bamresizer was originally made to convert ps:t animations to bg:2 which needed smaller dimensions, so im not sure if anything is programmed in it to help quality.
Anyway, flickering only appears when the bam replaces the cursor(when you move the item from a slot to another) and when it's dimensions are bigger than 64. I suppose, the problem is not with the cursor(as of visibility), so no need to change that, and it'd be enough to only resize the other frame (when the item is in a slot). But bamresizer only seem to be able to resize all frames.

EDIT: Checked the bam files again in dltecp, and display dimensions are set by even more bams, so the flickering is no problem anymore i tihnk.
EDIT2: seems i was wrong, those images do summin else=/

ghostdog

Arcane
Patron
Well, I've edited the loading screens a bit to make them look better. Removing them is a solution, but it's too drastic I think.

So, you've made progress with the flickering Taplonaplo? One main problem seems to be the tooltip flickering. If you change the offsets to put them in the right place the far right inventory descriptions flicker like crazy outside the inventory space. The only "solution" I found is to set the offsets not to go beyond the inventory's right side. The obvious problem is that the down-right tooltips show in a wrong -x- position :

taplonaplo

Scholar
It seems to me that anything but the cursor leaves a mark on the transparent area, so I don't think tooltip flickering is something we can fix. :(

BTW, i really like the way you extended the bottom panel

ghostdog

Arcane
Patron
Damn flickering...

As for the bottom panel, yeah, it turned out quite nice I think. :)

taplonaplo

Scholar

Something like this could be an option...rather unorthodox, but an option nonetheless
The action menu is still in trouble tho

ghostdog

Arcane
Patron
Since I casted power of one on Dak'kkon , the visual effects of the spell continue to show even though many days have passed. Dakkon is constantly glowing. Has anyone else encountered this bug?
imagesb6.jpg

[EDIT] : Nevernind, it was the shield (or armor) spell that stays on until you take a certain amount of damage (duh...)

ghostdog

Arcane
Patron
Well, I've finally found the offsets for the dialog and the high level spell effects in the game exe.

- Offsets for centering the dialog (with x,y your preferred resolution)

Horizontal : 0009a60b : [x/2] (the default value is 320 , so for a 1280x800 res. it should be changed to 640 ,etc)
Vertical: 0009a617 : [y-180/2] (the default value is 150, so for a 1280x800 res. it should probably be changed to 310, etc)

-Offsets for centering the effects of high level spells (with x,y your preferred resolution)

Horizontal : 002bdcba : [x/2] (the default value is 320, so for a 1280x800 res. it should be changed to 640, etc)
Vertical : 002bdcb5 : [y+18/2] (the default value is 249, so for a 1280x800 res. it should probably be changed to 409, etc)

I've got another problem. As you can see form the screenshot below, the keyboard mappings interface is centered, but the mouse highlights and selects the wrong controls. "Stealth" is highlighted while the cursor is on the position that "Stealth" would occupy if the interface was in the top left corner.

keys01.jpg

My guess is that yet another offset in Torment.exe controls this.

edit: link fixed

taplonaplo

Scholar
Nice find ghostdog!

Vanished, that can be fixed with manually relocating every button(similar to map panel)....pain in the butt, but works.

Some problems with dialog still there as it centers on the guy you talk to, but i got some kind of solution with a script to fix that(for stores).

Now if only knew if my computer is infected with some virus or not i'd upload it:(

ghostdog

Arcane
Patron
taplonaplo said:
Nice find ghostdog!

Vanished, that can be fixed with manually relocating every button(similar to map panel)....pain in the butt, but works.

Some problems with dialog still there as it centers on the guy you talk to, but i got some kind of solution with a script to fix that(for stores).

Now if only knew if my computer is infected with some virus or not i'd upload it:(

Have you tried AVG free? That's what I use the last 2 years. Also I think if you upload something in rapidshare, they automatically scan it for viruses.

So, you're talking about a script that stops the game from centering to the character (or is it the vendor?) when the store UI opens?

taplonaplo

Scholar
Not stopping it, but doing it myself instead (it pans camera too slowly, i do it so 'instantly' still needs a tiny wait tho).
BTW, what spells did you test the spell centering with? i can't really see difference with lvl 9 spells (or maybe i misunderstood what it should center).
I scan with AVG then upload, better be safe than sorry:P

ghostdog

Arcane
Patron
taplonaplo said:
Not stopping it, but doing it myself instead (it pans camera too slowly, i do it so 'instantly' still needs a tiny wait tho).
BTW, what spells did you test the spell centering with? i can't really see difference with lvl 9 spells (or maybe i misunderstood what it should center).
I scan with AVG then upload, better be safe than sorry:P
You are correct , it only centers spells that move the camera, like cloudkill and Elysium tears and not the very high level spells that have cinematics (like meteor storm). Damn, I thought it applied to all of them. Oh well , back to more hex hunting ... :)

taplonaplo

Scholar
Aww, that's too bad:(
Anyway, heres the 'fix' for stores: http://rapidshare.com/files/140347884/Storefix.tp2.html
Insert to your setup tp2, works on any resolution. There might be shops that are unaffected, as it's a blunt method, and i could have made a spelling mistake easily. It will install with warnigns but you can ignore it (guys over gibberlings3 confirmed it). It should work unless you try to make the background flicker by moving the screen in the short period of time before the store opens. I had some trouble with the replace part, so everything is there x3. It causes no problems, other than bigger setup file size, but that's negligible IMO.

Version 0.3 is available. Download links in the first post.

What's new in version 0.3:

-All the screens are now centered, except for the keyboard mappings screen;
-The pack can now be installed in two versions: with or without 1024x768 backgrounds;
-The action menu can now be opened anywhere in the game view;
-The game view is now properly centered during dialogue;
-The movies are now centered, except for the credits cinematic;
-The art used to fill the black rectangles has been replaced.

The keyboard mappings screen will eventually be centered.

ghostdog

Arcane
Patron
Thanks Tap!

I've also managed to find all the offsets for the highest level spells , so enjoy:

002CB0AD............x............Highest level spell effects..............[default=640]
002CB0B7.............y...........Highest level spell effects...............[default=480]
002ca70f.............x/2..........highest lvl spells centered..............[default=320]
002ca716..........y-72/2....... highest lvl spells centered...............[default=204]

Have in mind that the previous spell offsets are also required since they are the ones that center to the character when the spell is performed.

ghostdog

Arcane
Patron
No problem ;)

So I'm now trying to pack the mod with WeiDU but I'm having some problems. I've made some changes to the dialog.tlk file (I've slightly changed 3 tooltip descriptions) and I don't know how to translate this into the tp2 file in order for it to patch the dialog.tlk file. I could simply have it to copy over the default file but this could provide mod compatibility issues.So does anyone know how to do this?

I've made the editing with the near infinity program, There is a "StrRef" (= string reference probably) and I've just changed the text a bit from "open dialogue window" to "open dialog box"...

taplonaplo

Scholar
That concludes that the offsets are different in the 2CD version
Could you upload your 1.1 patched exe (without any mod) somewhere so that we can hunt down the offsets for that as well? Shouldn't be that hard as we know what we are looking for.

ghostdog

Arcane
Patron
Damn! I seem to have missed something while making the weidu pack. I've made the tp2 file , the appropriate folders and I've renamed weidu.exe to correspond the tp2 file. But, when I run the exe nothing happens. In fact when I open task manager I can see the exe as a running process, but nothing happens.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom