Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Anime Overwatch

sullynathan

Arcane
Positioning does. Aim in siege is 100% just holding angles. The general consensus is that people who think siege aim is not trivial can't aim.
Where does this consensus come from?

Talking to very good players on discord for example? Asking streamers in chat? FPS gaming is in such draught right now that all we do in discord is discuss games instead of playing them. I dunno why you can't be objective about it. I am not shitting on the game. It just simply isn't about aim.
Yea I don't use discord nor have I said the game is all about aim.

SkiNNyBane

Liturgist
Patron
Grab the Codex by the pussy
Positioning does. Aim in siege is 100% just holding angles. The general consensus is that people who think siege aim is not trivial can't aim.

Talking to very good players on discord for example? Asking streamers in chat? FPS gaming is in such draught right now that all we do in discord is discuss games instead of playing them. I dunno why you can't be objective about it. I am not shitting on the game. It just simply isn't about aim.

So what the fuck is your argument because this is so pointless.

sullynathan

Arcane

Go back to the first post

Reinhardt

Arcane

Go back to the first post

http://us.battle.net/overwatch/en/

They're showing trailer and game-play now at blizzcon . Looks like TF2 with "anything goes" art design.

Cinematic trailer. Looks like derp kids cartoon.

Gameplay trailer.

Details:
  • Team based, multiplayer shooter.
  • Very approachable, not hard for new players to get into the game.
  • The game will be playable in Hall C at BlizzCon. 600 machines loaded with OverWatch.
  • Release "nearer than you think." Beta starts in 2015. Sign up at playoverwatch.com.

And?

Metro

Arcane
Beg Auditor
Well, to all you suckers who bought this and possibly loot boxes... surprise... Overwatch 2 is coming out.

Zer0wing

Cipher
Well, to all you suckers who bought this and possibly loot boxes... surprise... Overwatch 2 is coming out.
Taken by suprise. So they cancelled a few projects like Starcraft FPS (battlefailed style) to make OW2, and focusing on PvE content now. Why not work with Overwatch is a mystery.

Blaine

Cis-Het Oppressor
Patron
Grab the Codex by the pussy

I dunno dude, that's kind of like making fun of someone for buying drinks at a bar that's gonna go out of business. People buy this shit for the same reason hoarders pile up products they're never going to use: satisfaction in the immediate now. A week later, they're just looking forward to the next acquisition, and the next, etc.

I personally bought all kinds of shit in Warframe, but was fully aware that this was technically a waste of money and degenerate behavior, and had no issue walking away from the game (and my accumulated digital hats, scarves, magic medallions, and paint jobs) forever once it wore out its welcome.

Loot boxes are a bit of a different animal than just buying shit from a cash shop, though. They're gambling of the worst kind, and very addictive to people who are prone to gambling (AKA terrible at mathematics).

Metro

Arcane
Beg Auditor
I might see it that way if Valve decided to push out Team Fortress 3 after a decade of TF2, but Overwatch was only released three years ago and it was promoted as a 'sustainable' e-sports game. Maybe Overwatch 2 will be designed in such a way as to allow for the continuation of Overwatch but... who knows.

Zeriel

Arcane

I dunno dude, that's kind of like making fun of someone for buying drinks at a bar that's gonna go out of business. People buy this shit for the same reason hoarders pile up products they're never going to use: satisfaction in the immediate now. A week later, they're just looking forward to the next acquisition, and the next, etc.

I personally bought all kinds of shit in Warframe, but was fully aware that this was technically a waste of money and degenerate behavior, and had no issue walking away from the game (and my accumulated digital hats, scarves, magic medallions, and paint jobs) forever once it wore out its welcome.

Loot boxes are a bit of a different animal than just buying shit from a cash shop, though. They're gambling of the worst kind, and very addictive to people who are prone to gambling (AKA terrible at mathematics).

I'm not sure what to think anymore as someone who plays a gacha game but has never spent a cent on it. I guess some games are just less abusive about it.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom