Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Anime Overwatch

Jackalope

Arcane
Mind you I'm still a lowly level 9 trying quickplay - has everyone else moved to competitive?

I stoped playing competitive. It needs more work before it's any real fun.Overwatch is a bit casual, so I'm not even sure why anyone needs a competitive mode.

Seeker
In My Safe Space
Queue times have gone up lately. Premades destroyed this game. There needs to be a separate queue for solo players strictly.

Cyberarmy

Love fool
Patron
Divinity: Original Sin 2
Sparys are going to some places.

13900412_10155153292893289_561705464_n.png

Gerrard

Arcane
It's great they finally made groups visible. Looks balanced.
GSE2Y5y.jpg

I mean that game was lost from the start, but it still is a 5 man group against all random.

Xor

Arcane
Codex 2014 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Divinity: Original Sin Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Divinity: Original Sin 2
I haven't touched competitive since I did my placement matches; I get frustrated enough solo queueing in quick play.

Edit: LogicError#1267, US, although I haven't been playing that much lately since my internet has started cutting out every 30-45 minutes.

Puukko

Arcane
They just rearranged the heroes. I think we can expect Sombra next, and then Doomfist.

Hit prestige 2.

Tigranes

Arcane
Why the fuck would you think any of these horrible, horrible characters look good in any way

They're basically marginally better than Olympic mascots

Gerrard

Arcane
That's what fanart is for
uzKMWbX.png

oIrcgBE.jpg
Also
SEASON 1 REWARDS

If you completed your placement matches during Season 1, you will eligible to receive a special spray and player icon. These will be unlocked automatically when you log into your account the first time after the season ends. If at any point during the season you managed to break into the Top 500 players on your platform (and in your region), you’ll receive an extra player icon and animated spray on top of the other seasonal rewards.

Aside from sprays and icons, you’ll also receive a number of Competitive Points based on the maximum skill rating you achieved during the season.

Here’s the Skill Rating (SR) to Competitive Point (CP) breakdown for Season 1:

SR 0-39: 10 CPs
SR 40-45: 20 CPs
SR 46-49: 40 CPs
SR 50-52: 60 CPs
SR 53-55: 80 CPs
SR 56-59: 120 CPs
SR 60-64: 200 CPs
SR 65+: 300 CPs

Guess I'll be getting one golden gun, kek.

E: also they recently announced they hit 15 million players.

Last edited:

Tigranes

Arcane
Ln1B0uH.jpg

Still lost, because fuck coin toss and fuck blizzard up the ass for this retarded system, implemented in comp no less.

Also, mm is god damn awful :x

It kills me inside every time I get gold kills as Zenyatta and then the team loses thanks to coin toss.

How could they possibly think that sudden death was a good idea?

Valestein

Arcane
Patron
Vatnik
PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here Strap Yourselves In
Info on the end of the first competitive season.

http://us.battle.net/forums/en/overwatch/topic/20748074764#post-1

Hey, everyone.

With the first season of Competitive Play coming to an end very soon, we wanted to lay out a few key dates and important pieces of information regarding the upcoming season roll.

DATE AND TIMES

Season 1 will officially end on Wednesday, August 17 at 5:00 p.m. PT (August 18 at 12:00 a.m. UTC). For time zone assistance, and to see when Season 1 will end in your region, visit thetimezoneconverter.com.

Season 2 is currently scheduled to launch on September 6, but this could shift as we continue to work on system improvements. We will be sure to share the exact date and time as we get closer to its release.

SEASON 1 REWARDS

If you completed your placement matches during Season 1, you will eligible to receive a special spray and player icon. These will be unlocked automatically when you log into your account the first time after the season ends. If at any point during the season you managed to break into the Top 500 players on your platform (and in your region), you’ll receive an extra player icon and animated spray on top of the other seasonal rewards.

Aside from sprays and icons, you’ll also receive a number of Competitive Points based on the maximum skill rating you achieved during the season.

Here’s the Skill Rating (SR) to Competitive Point (CP) breakdown for Season 1:
SR 0-39: 10 CPs
SR 40-45: 20 CPs
SR 46-49: 40 CPs
SR 50-52: 60 CPs
SR 53-55: 80 CPs
SR 56-59: 120 CPs
SR 60-64: 200 CPs
SR 65+: 300 CPs

STAY TUNED!

Throughout Season 1, we’ve been listening to the community and modifying our plans based on your feedback. We really appreciate hearing your opinions, and can’t thank you enough for taking the time to help us make Overwatch better.

We’re excited about the future of Competitive Play, and we'll be talking more about Season 2 in the coming weeks. Until then, keep your eyes on playoverwatch.com, as well as our Twitter and Facebook pages for the latest news.

Quigs

Magister
Hate being 'that guy' but Bastion is fairly easily countered once you get out of the low ranks. He can beat you when he *should* beat you (like when he's set up and still catches you unaware), but he's fairly bad at long range, and at shorter ranges can be taken out by Reap, Hog, and Rat.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom