Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Oxygen Not Included - space colony sim from Klei

LESS T_T

Arcane
Codex 2014

Oxygen Not Included is a space-colony simulation game. Manage your colonists and help them dig, build and maintain a subterranean asteroid base.

You'll need water, warmth, food, and oxygen to keep them alive, and even more than that to keep them happy.

No details yet.

http://store.steampowered.com/app/457140/

Makabb

Arcane
Shitposter Bethestard
Don't starve like other most survival games was boring apart from the surive aspect, so if this will have proper gameplay it might be fun.

Havoc

Cheerful Magician
Patron
Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Wasteland 2 Codex USB, 2014 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath
Color me interested.
8662.jpg

Black and yellow. That's some shitty colors, brah.

Modron

Arcane
In insect speech, they mean: "Stay away if you're stupid".

Or "lol, can't believe you fell for that shit," because plenty of non dangerous insects have the same color banding as bees (Batesian mimicry) and what not.

Burning Bridges

Enviado de meu SM-G3502T usando Tapatalk
Yes it looks totally shit. Every interest I have for the subject is killed by this manchild look. Of course half that video is showing people shitting on the toilet, the other half something that looks like a fitness studio. Guess that is supposed to symbolize modern life, or how the makers experience it. If I ever crave to feel intellectually insulted I will definitely get this game.

Norfleet

It's a Klei game. Why are you surprised that they've used this artstyle yet again?

Ironmonk

Augur
I thought that wheel is not exactly for fitness, but to generate electricity (maybe fitness as a secondary function).

In the video you can see the player connecting other machines to it with a cable.

Elim

Augur
Project: Eternity
Pretty pumped for this game. Everything in that Twitch stream sold the game to me. Hope it goes soon into early access.

Trymon

Educated
Looks like Craft the World, maybe with a bit more depth with that electricity system and SF setting...

orcinator

Liturgist
Well the heat and fluid mechanics look cool, game has something going for it.

Though it might still run into the usual problems you see in these types of games like nothing to do during the endgame (or midgame).

Somewhat suspicious their refusal to talk about aliens means they haven't fleshed out that part of the game.

EnthalpyFlow

Scholar
Patron
Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire
Oxygen Not Included is a space-colony simulation game. Manage your colonists and help them dig, build and maintain a subterranean asteroid base.

You'll need water, warmth, food, and oxygen to keep them alive, and even more than that to keep them happy.

Oxygen Not Included: Alpha Now Available
Hey everyone! We’re excited to announce that the Oxygen Not Included Alpha is now available for purchase!

What is Oxygen Not Included?

What is Alpha?
We still have a lot of things planned for Oxygen Not Included, however we now feel that the game is fun and interesting enough that we want you to give it a try, and most importantly, we want your feedback. We're not quite ready for a large scale release yet, because we want to gather feedback from our fans first, so we are offering it to you before we go into early-access

Oxygen Not Included is now available for purchase for $19.99 USD during Alpha. We expect the price to be higher in the future, however we have not set a final price yet.

What can I expect from the Alpha?
There are a lot of things we want to add to Oxygen Not Included. Here are some of the more important things we want to address. Order is subject to change.

Roadmap

• More things that are sensitive to the effects of temperature
  • More tools to deal with temperature
  • Improved base sustainability
  • More ways to create sustainable systems for resources such as water, fertilizer, dirt etc.
  • Improved stress gameplay
  • More stress responses and behaviours for strung out Duplicants
  • More ways to reduce and prevent stress
  • New biomes and creatures
  • Buried Artifacts
  • Mysterious objects hidden in the world that may help or harm you
This list could change entirely once we see people playing the game. We could decide some of these things are no longer needed or that new things are more important, so please be aware that the list above is not set in stone.

The game will receive periodic updates introducing more content. We do not have an expected content schedule at this time, but we expect the frequency to be about once every 4-6 weeks. Due to the systematic nature of the game, it is important that updates are substantial and reasonably balanced before entering the game.

I love Klei's Don't Starve and after the huge letdown that was Spacebase DF-9, here's their take on it.

Edit:
ru5uk3Z.jpg
(Fuck yeah)

barker_s

Cipher
Patron
Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Grab the Codex by the pussy RPG Wokedex Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut
Sooo... any reason why alpha is available under different url than the actual game? (ALPHA, GAME). Do you have to buy the final release separately? Other than that, I love the idea and the execution, will probably get it soon.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom