Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Paizo employee attempt to unionize and new store

deuxhero

Arcane
If it's anything like games companies, digital sales of their back catalog are going to be significant.

Zeriel

Arcane
9b8036d432608d1833927fd1e6b1174d9e77f508.png

They have formed a union, and one of their first demands is to hire a diversity officer. It is like cancer cells voting for more cancer. :M

You want to know how to stop this? Fire all of the freelancers. Since Washington state is an at will state the owners can fire everyone in the office without cause. If I was the owners I would fire them all and hire people that aren't SJW commies.

Kind of a chicken and an egg problem at this point. Non-SJWs know for years they aren't welcome in the industry so mostly gave up. You probably can't find enough non-commies to write for pennies on the dollar.

deuxhero

Arcane
On the union: I'd love to know how much of the sales of their "new" content is Savage Pathfinder (which is done by an external studio under license) versus the Pathfinder 2E content done by what is now unionized. Especially if that information is broken by per product instead of just overall.

Ismaul

Thought Criminal #3333
Patron
Codex 2014 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech A Beautifully Desolate Campaign My team has the sexiest and deadliest waifus you can recruit.
I'd love to know how much of the sales of their "new" content is Savage Pathfinder (which is done by an external studio under license) versus the Pathfinder 2E content
Agreed.

The Savage Worlds edition is selling a lot for sure. Pinnacle has delayed their planned releases for Savage Worlds for years because they've capitalized on their edition of Pathfinder. Here I am, what is it now 2-3 years after they were supposed to release the Sci-Fi Companion, still waiting... It was supposed to release not long after the start of our long term campaign, but the campaign's now been over for more than a year lol.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom