Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Paizo Publishing sends 'heart warming' response to transgender fan

Broseph

Dangerous JB
Patron
So some time ago a fan of Paizo discussed on their boards issues he was having by coming out to his family and circle about being transgender. Apparently his family wasn't taking it well, believe it or not. Being the good samitarians they are, and not content with simply leading lost young souls to the devil with their dungeoning and dragoning, the Paizo people asked the fan if they could do something to make him feel better and further alienate him from his family. He said sure and well:

http://distractedelf.tumblr.com/post/92643929137/paizo-youre-just-the-best

Last edited:
Repressed Homosexual
Only play modules designed in the eighties and early nineties, before all this political nonsense started creeping in and the mangina gen X ers and Y ers started becoming content creators. The older modules are much more intelligent anyway. No one who grew up reading Facebook updates, Gawker, and watching front page Youtube videos is ever going to be capable of making something intelligent and compelling.

Last edited:

Don Peste

Arcane
Checked 'transgender' on the Wikipedia to finally understand what the fuck is transgender and all that stuff everybody is so concerned here.

So when you people say cis you don't mean Commonwealth of Independent States??

deuxhero

Arcane
Well anyone with a basic understanding of marketing could understand the pure marketing value of doing this (some books that they have already printed and shipping vs everyone covering them). Not sure what the hell pnp games has to do with wanting... that though

What can I claim to get free stuff?

Night Goat

The Immovable Autism
Patron
No Fun Allowed
Codex 2013 Codex 2014
One of the Empyreal Lords in Chronicles of the Righteous called “Arshea”
tumblr_inline_n96c69oSlW1sx413a.jpg

Who embodies both and neither gender, and “Worshipers believe that one’s gender and role in society are not tied to one’s physical form.”

Normally I'm against shoehorning politics into things, but no one will ever care about Empyreal Lords, so whatever.

The second marked page was in “The Worldwound Incursion” and it was for a character named “Anevia Tirabade”
tumblr_inline_n96cbzeLAQ1sx413a.jpg

Who’s very opening line is “Born a man and originally named Anvenn”.

How is someone born a man? Did he emerge from the forehead of Tranny Zeus?

Anyway, it's nice that they did this for someone who's going through a rough time. Even if they did it for cynical marketing purposes, it looks like they made her(?) day.

deuxhero

Arcane
I'm actually completely fine with the sexless empyreal lord; Angels being sexless is a very common potrayal (they don't reproduce sexually so why would they have a sex?)

The other... uh...

Broseph

Dangerous JB
Patron
Paizo introduces their first transgendered iconic.

PZO1129-Shaman_360.jpeg

http://paizo.com/paizo/blog/v5748dyo5lgcn

What the fuck? I know many folks into RPGs are messed up in the head/emotionally, but they don't need to shove this shit down our throats. Maybe they have access to market research I don't, but to me it seems whatever gain in sales they might get from catering to the LGBTQ crowd could be outdone by disgusted people dropping the line. WIth so many alternatives out there, as well as piracy of pdfs, the market is very volatile. The scariest thing is that while WOTC does seem to care mainly about business and sales, I get the sneaking feeling Paizo actually gives a shit about this. They aren't just doing it for a sales boost, they really believe in this crap.

What's next, fat acceptance in the art? I mean, why are all iconics skinny or muscular? Why does Paizo hate fat people?

Jasede

Arcane
Patron
Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Codex Year of the Donut I'm very into cock and ball torture
I dunno, I think this is pretty cute and heartwarming, and the guy (girl?) is a hottie on their picture.

Edit: he should stay a guy though; he looks like he sucks mad dick

Unwanted

Goat Vomit

Andhaira
Andhaira
What's next, fat acceptance in the art?
I sure do hope so. ♪ I am a little halfling short and stout, here is my belly, here is my mouth~ ♫

J5NV0NE.png

With that said the descent to trannyland is sorta weird since if they just describe/draw a wimmin and say she had a dick once before chopping it off/drinking a potion/getting cursed whatever you might as well just have it be a woman, anything else is just magical realm material. If they included a bunch of failed awkward trannies there'd be a bit of an outcry I think but at least that would be interesting. Say a girl dorf wants to become a man dorf but doesn't fit in with them because she can't grow a beard and looks too boyish, that'd be a mildly fascinating. Tho once we go there it opens the door to all sort of dumb shit that really doesn't belong in a fantasy RPG played by people who aren't weird freaks.

Spectacle

Arcane
Patron
Actually, I believe that all "female" d&d characters are trans-males, that's the only way to explain why they have no penalty to strength.
:troll:

deuxhero

Arcane
I'd like to point out that they haven't even had a gay iconic yet.

Sure only one of the iconics actually has mentioned sexuality to my knowledge, but that makes this even more :hmmm:

Jasede

Arcane
Patron
Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Codex Year of the Donut I'm very into cock and ball torture
Well, I'm of that camp that sexuality shouldn't ever really be mentioned, since it shouldn't matter. If anything it might be one off-handed remark about how someone's boyfriend died or something, but I keep asking, what would it add? And if it doesn't add anything, you don't do it; that's how good writing works.

Major_Blackhart

Codexia Lord Sodom
Patron
The Orcs of Golarion book did it best.
Because Orc society is patriarchal, and brutally done at that, they view women as property. Mothers will often fawn over their sons, while treat daughters worse, and Orc women in general could be flat out conniving, backstabbing, and certainly worse than men in that intelligent mothers who's sons rise to power and remember their mothers' love often become the powers behind the throne.
However, some Orc women are not content with that, and wish to be warriors. This means that while they don't necessarily masquerade as a man, they must to a degree. Orc males refer to them as crossed souls. They even take wives, though as a status symbol more than anything, as in Orc society the number of wives you have is part of your status. And on the battlefield Orcs don't care what sex you are, you either live or die all the same. One example of a particularly feared female Orc warlord is Kring the Beautiful, who leads the Blood Trail Tribe. She keeps her tribe nomadic and mercenary, hoping to find a male worthy to father her young.

What the fuck? I know many folks into RPGs are messed up in the head/emotionally, but they don't need to shove this shit down our throats. Maybe they have access to market research I don't, but to me it seems whatever gain in sales they might get from catering to the LGBTQ crowd could be outdone by disgusted people dropping the line. WIth so many alternatives out there, as well as piracy of pdfs, the market is very volatile. The scariest thing is that while WOTC does seem to care mainly about business and sales, I get the sneaking feeling Paizo actually gives a shit about this. They aren't just doing it for a sales boost, they really believe in this crap.

What's next, fat acceptance in the art? I mean, why are all iconics skinny or muscular? Why does Paizo hate fat people?

Doubt it, it's one character. If you throw a fit over this, you're the kind of guy who'd get butthurt sooner or later over some minutia like grapping rules with creatures one size larger and attempting to keep you pleased is an uphill battle anyway

buzz

Arcane
Doubt it, it's one character. If you throw a fit over this, you're the kind of guy who'd get butthurt sooner or later over some minutia like grapping rules with creatures one size larger and attempting to keep you pleased is an uphill battle anyway
"Hello guys! We now want to introduce you our first transgender character in over 10 years of activity"
OMG STOP SHOVING THAT SJW SHIT IN MY THROAT FAGGOTS I AM LITERALLY SURROUNDED BY TRANNY DICKS TRYING TO RAPE MY MOUTH FROM EVERY CORNER WHY DO YOU KEEP PUSHING THIS SHIT I AM TIRED OF HAVING TO SEE ALL THIS TRANNY SHIT IN MY BOARD GAMES.

At least this is a "bad case", as in the developers themselves "caved in" to the pressure and added a transgender character or whatever. More often than not, Internet cretins hyper-ventilate about even less significant things, like some random blog post from some chick complaining about shit.

I've yet to see this mythical video game/board game/comic book/movie ruined by the "SJW propaganda". And I mean genuinely ruined, as in things that were good but now they're shit because there's a tranny or a strong wymin it it.

Broseph

Dangerous JB
Patron
I've yet to see this mythical video game/board game/comic book/movie ruined by the "SJW propaganda". And I mean genuinely ruined, as in things that were good but now they're shit because there's a tranny or a strong wymin it it.

:hmmm:

Are you aware of a company called Bioware?

buzz

Arcane
:hmmm:

Are you aware of a company called Bioware?

Got it covered bro
And I mean genuinely ruined, as in things that were good but now they're shit because there's a tranny or a strong wymin it it

:smug:

EDIT: And even there it didn't really ruin anything. Straight romances or romancing hot aliens is still the majority, and the only actually gay characters in Mass Effect were this random members of the crew hidden in the least important places of the ship and not even helping you in combat or saying something meaningful. I bet a lot of people even missed the gay hispanic from the ship's basement in ME3. I didn't play Dragon Age, maybe it was worse in there though.

Last edited:

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom