Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Palworld - basically Pokemon GUN

RPG Wokedex Strap Yourselves In
This trailer dropped yesterday. Looks neat but the dev already has another unfinished game in early access, which made some people on other sites worried:

Delterius

Arcane
it is the funniest shit i've seen all day, the trailer is worthy of the best thread ever tbh. people are like 'holy shit this is what peta says pokemon is like and i want it'.

Duraframe300

Arcane
Best part is that up to 0:50 you're thinking *Yeah, its Pokemon with guns, crazy idea but so what?* Then suddenly some pokemon reject gets used as a human shield by the protagonist who was seen cuddeling another Pokemon reject a few seconds earlier. Afterwards straight up Poke-Slavery.

But I honestly have to admit I don't expect much from the game. Trailer includes Base Building and destructible environments. Is this a survival game?

Caim

Arcane
Not gonna be surprised if this turns out to be a scam or never releases.

Morpheus Kitami

Liturgist
This might just be the craziest (and edgiest) idea for a game I've seen this week. This might actually be so insanely stupid it crosses over into being good.

distant

Learned
Rofl the tears while being used as a shield got me. Alright interested.

Caim

Arcane
It's on Steam for preorder if you're dumb/in it for the meme:

Steam Page said:
Q. What is this game about?

A. Palworld is a game about living a slow life with mysterious creatures "Pal" or throwing yourself into life-and-death battles with poachers.

You can make Pals fight, breed, help with farming, or work in factories.
You can also sell them off or even slaughter them to eat! That however, is forbidden by law.

■ Survival
- This world is full of dangers such as food shortages, harsh weather, and illegal poachers. You must be prepared to do anything if you want to survive. You may even need to consume Pals sometimes...
20210605_PAL_Cut10_Survival.gif

■ Riding and exploration
- Fly, swim, dig holes... you can explore all kinds of places on lands, the sea, and in the sky by riding Pals.
20210605_PAL_Cut1_Ride.gif

■ Building
- Do you want to build a pyramid? You can have a large number of Pals work on the construction. Don't worry; labor laws won't be applied to Pals.
20210605_PAL_Cut2_Building.gif

■ Life
- Make your life more comfortable by collecting a variety of valuable Pals to light fires, generate power, and mine minerals.
20210605_PAL_Cut3_Life.gif

■ Farming
- Different Pals are good at different things such as sowing, watering, harvesting, or else. Create attractive farms and orchards with your Pals. There are also Pals that can duplicate themselves when they're planted.
20210605_PAL_Cut4_Farm.gif

■ Factory and Automation
- It is essential for automation to let Pals do the manual work. Build a factory and place Pals in it. They will work forever as long as they're fed until the end of their lifetime.
20210605_PAL_Cut5_Industry.gif

■ Dungeon Exploration
- With Pals, you'll be safe in dangerous areas. If you are in danger, you use Pals to cover your escape! They'll give their lives to protect you.
20210605_PAL_Cut6_Dungeon.gif

■ Breeding and Heredity
- When you breed Pals, they inherit the parents' characteristics. Mix rare species Pals to raise the strongest Pals!
20210605_PAL_Cut7_Fusion.gif

■ Poaching and Crime
- Endangered species Pals live in the hunting prohibited area. If you sneak in and catch them, you'll get tons of money! It's only illegal if you get caught.
20210605_PAL_Cut8_Crime.gif

■ Multiplayer
- This game supports multiplayer. Invite your friends to go on an adventure together. Of course, you can battle and trade with other players!
20210605_PAL_Cut9_Multi.gif

Good lord it's like an even more ancap Pokemon.

Yosharian

Arcane
Oh woops. I googled and just clicked the first thing I saw haha.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom