Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Paradox is the best company ever :love:

Konjad

Patron
Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming! Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
Hi, Paradox People!

We're very proud to be able to send you this email: Thanks to you, and 499,999 of your fellow players, today our forums made it to 500K subscribers. Half a million people, all chatting together about our games! Our ears are burning so much, we may have to spray extinguishers into them. There aren't any words or deeds grateful enough to thank you all for being a part of our amazing community. That doesn't mean we're not going to try, though!

For starters, to thank you for being one of our half-million forum fans, Paradox Interactive and Paradox Development have got you a little present: A copy of Europa Universalis III: Chronicles for Steam! Look below for a unique code that you can redeem on Steam, and add this iconic Paradox strategy title to your library. (If you already have EUIII Chronicles, you can share your love of Paradox with a friend by letting them have the code!).

Your unique Europa Universalis III: Chronicles code is: [cut]**

There's more, too! Today, we're not just thanking our fans, we're giving you a brand-new way to check out the games you all love to post, argue, and joke about -- by opening our own game store on the web!

As of today, you can visit Paradox's dedicated webstore, located at http://www.paradoxplaza.com/shop, and check out the newest way to browse, buy, and download from us personally. To celebrate our big giant community, we're opening the webstore with a big giant sale! For the first month, you can get several of our top titles for 50% off. This sale will run from January 17th to February 17th, so come check out the games you've always meant to try!

From everyone here at Paradox Interactive, we can't thank you enough for being there as we've grown through the years. Things are only going to get bigger and better from here, so hang on and enjoy the ride!

Yours Sincerely,
Paradox Interactive

Yes, the whole EU III for every forum member of theirs. How could you not love them? :love:

Hellraiser

Arcane
Well considering 90% of the people there probably already have it they're not losing much. Also EU IV is on the (distant) horizon. Still a very bro move of them.

Speaking of Paradox we need some new East vs West news.

Destroid

Arcane
They make great games, but they generated an awful lot of ill-will in the past by releasing products that were nowhere near ready.

ohWOW

Sucking on dicks and being proud of it
Dumbfuck Queued
HoI2 and EU2 were fine.

Rest are crap.

Malakal

Arcane
Glory to Ukraine
Their games werent fine but at the time they were unable to provide working releases without compromising their financial stability. They were indie at best. They made their own market and fans. Now we can expect more but I can hardly blame them for the state of EU1 or 2.

And yes, my favourite developer. And their relations with fans are excellent too - but they dont allow them to influence them too much keeping their own ideas and developing them.

They did the same thing for Crusader kings shortly before the release of the second. Wouldn't be surprised if they did it again in the future for when they are releasing newer games of their existing game series. So you might want to consider subscribing to their news letter. So far it's been CK1, Sword of the Stars 1, and now EU3.

On a some what related note I recently found out that it was paradox that developed Svea Rike as well as hold the rights to the pnp rpg Drakar och Demoner, which supposedly is the most popular such game system in Sweden.

Pretend to give out 500k keys, actually only give them out to the 4 people who signed up for the mailing list along with their account. Sounds like a great marketing strategy.

Konjad

Patron
Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming! Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
Pretend to give out 500k keys, actually only give them out to the 4 people who signed up for the mailing list along with their account. Sounds like a great marketing strategy.
Well... on the other hand they are actually giving it to their fans, not random people who just registered for giggles and never came back :p

Malakal

Arcane
Glory to Ukraine
Another good thing Paradox did (since we are praising them here) is making DV for CK1. Did you know that CK1 was developed/published (not sure which) by an external studio that failed miserably and in result CK1 didnt give any money to Paradox? Yet their fans asked for an expansion and they did it for a failed (from the financial point of view) game. They also patched it up to the playable state for free.

But personally I mostly love them for creating this sub genre of grand strategy games. Not sure if it even existed before them and surely wasnt this big (relatively speaking).

Kane

I have many names
Patron
Vatnik
PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015
i am pretty sure i am signed to their mailinglist as i get monthly digests mailed by paradox.

Register on our forums to receive the Forum Monthly Newsletter.

i'll look again tomorrow.

edit: i just found out paradox gave me a copy of sots I on gamersgate a couple of months ago.

tuluse

Arcane
Serpent in the Staglands Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Shadorwun: Hong Kong
I keep getting 503 Service Unavailable when I try to log on to their forum.

Luzur

Good Sir
anyone want my code? i already got EUIII CIB so i dont want my steam copy.

Your unique Europa Universalis III: Chronicles code is: P6BQH-GYNPD-5G342

tuluse

Arcane
Serpent in the Staglands Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Shadorwun: Hong Kong
I'll take it, thanks.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom