Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Paradox is the best company ever :love:

Baptismbyfire

Liturgist
Taken.

tuluse

Arcane
Serpent in the Staglands Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Shadorwun: Hong Kong
I can't figure out how to sign up for the mailing list. I want my own free game next time dammit.

tuluse

Arcane
Serpent in the Staglands Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Shadorwun: Hong Kong
Ok, I found it. Apparently you just have to accept email from administrators? Odd.

Deuce Traveler

2012 Newfag
Patron
Grab the Codex by the pussy Divinity: Original Sin Torment: Tides of Numenera Shadorwun: Hong Kong Pathfinder: Kingmaker Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture
A friend of mine just sent me notice of the following Paradox bundles for sale via Amazon...

Plentiful Paradox Pack for $9.99 which includes:
- Crusader Kings 2
- Magicka Collection
- Magicka DLC: The Stars Are Left
- Sword of the Stars: Complete Collection
- Sword of the Stars 2: Enhanced Edition
- Victoria 2
http://www.amazon.com/dp/B008G0ZDZI?tag=cheapassgam08-20

Also, Pint-Sized Paradox Pack for $7.49 which oddly doesn't seem to include CK2, but does have the DLCs:
- CK2: Dynasty Shields DLC
- CK2: Mongols DLC
- CK2: Ruler Designer DLC
- CK2: Songs of Albion DLC
- CK2: Songs of Faith DLC
- CK2: Songs of the Holy Land DLC
- Majesty 2 Collection
- Majesty Gold HD
- Warlock: Master of the Arcane

Kem0sabe

Arcane
Paradox should release a version of their games with a lifetime subscription to DLC... 20€ more and you get all the DLC they eventually launch for said title.

Malakal

Arcane
Glory to Ukraine
Its cheaper to just buy worthwhile dlc. Dont tell me you need all those extra songs or sprites.

Self-Ejected

Ulminati

Kamelåså!
Patron
Paradox should release a version of their games with a lifetime subscription to DLC... 20€ more and you get all the DLC we eventually launch for said title.
Its cheaper to just buy worthwhile dlc. Dont tell me you need all those extra songs or sprites.

Looking at steams...

Ruler designer - 4 Jewroes
Sandnigger DLC - 8 Jewroes
Orthodox DLC - 4 Jewroes
Republic DLC - 8 Jewroes
Viking DLC - Not out, but probably 8 Jewroes as well, since Mayan Bullshit is 4 jewroes and they seem to alternate.

Total: 32 Jewroes for the "worthwhile" DLC sans songs and sprites. 20 Jewroes lifetime subscription would be a good deal.

Incidentally, the total cost of "worthwhile" DLC is now more than what I paid for the base game

XenomorphII

Prophet

I like having them there. I use my small remainders of bluecoins to get them from time to time and some of those music packs are really nice.

MetalCraze

Arcane
Welcome to the milking
Take maybe one DLC more
The Cee Kay Two game's still playing so
you better win it

Milk it to the limit
(The limit)
With no DLC left to buy on your way
you might get careless, but you'll never be safe
while they still spill it

Milk it to the limit

MetalCraze

Arcane
It was promised that HoI3 will finally have less retarded historical rails with a new custom start.

As it turned out a custom start is nothing more than an utterly useless gimmick that doesn't change anything. There are a few minor adjustments you can do to your (and only your) country but you will never be able to have a different game from the usual one.

The example is adjusting your country's alignment. You can move it either 10% closer to the original faction or 10% further. That's it. 4 less or 4 more months to join the same faction as in a normal game - make your choice.

GarfunkeL

Racism Expert
Uh, it's bit more than 10%, I believe, though I'll have to check for sure when I get home. As for the on-the-rails complaints, well, that's never going to happen as it seems that majority of the people voicing their opinion on Pdox forums want more events and more "historicity" than free-form sandbox. I still remember the outcry at HoI3 launch with people dismayed that the US could join Axis and all the wacky non-historical wars that the AI countries got up to.

As for the adjustments to your country, I wouldn't call it minor when you can set your technological level AND build your starting infrastructure and OOB. Sure, the points are there to limit you but you can edit them if you want - so instead of manually having to edit a country to look like you want at game start, you now just edit one line in the proper file and you can do the rest in-game.

If you thought that Custom Game gives you the option of customizing more than your own starting country, then I'm sorry but you misunderstood Pdox - they never aid anything to that point.

Dumbfuck
Codex 2012
The other thing nobody mentioned is that the AI in all the games except maybe AoD/DH (fan designed) sucks bad. Once you know what you're doing and how it works you will notice how to screw any AI, they try to deal with this by event scripting ('rails' Skyway is talking about) or blatant cheating like generating swarms of free armies for key countries and magic IMF bailouts (infinite money) if they are ever in real trouble (EU/CK at least).

GarfunkeL

Racism Expert
Well, TFH finally fixed invasion AI. Japan, Britain and USA now actually wage a proper Pacific War. Britain doesn't automatically lose North-Africa now either. Soviet AI, however, is still unable to construct proper defense-in-depth, so as soon as Human Germany creates one or two big encirclements, it's all over except for the mop-up. However, you do need to know what you're doing and build a strong enough army for that - the same force-ratio that worked in vanilla doesn't work no more. In smaller tidbits, allies are now send help more, so you will see British units in France in 1940, not that they make much of a difference to a competent human player.

Can't say anything for CK2/EU3/Vicky2 though.

MetalCraze

Arcane
Uh, it's bit more than 10%, I believe
Big difference

As for the on-the-rails complaints, well, that's never going to happen as it seems that majority of the people voicing their opinion on Pdox forums want more events and more "historicity" than free-form sandbox. I still remember the outcry at HoI3 launch with people dismayed that the US could join Axis and all the wacky non-historical wars that the AI countries got up to.
Most Paradox fans are retarded. What's new.

As for the adjustments to your country, I wouldn't call it minor when you can set your technological level AND build your starting infrastructure and OOB. Sure, the points are there to limit you but you can edit them if you want - so instead of manually having to edit a country to look like you want at game start, you now just edit one line in the proper file and you can do the rest in-game.
That doesn't make this DLC any less pointless you know. Cheating more points to be able to build more than 2 infantry divisions before the game starts isn't exactly an improvement to rails.

GarfunkeL

Racism Expert
Hyperbole, hyperbole everywhere. Or rather, the polar opposite. Naturally it depends on the country in question but even Communist China can produce more than 2 infantry divisions with the default points.

If you want to create a Germany that learned nothing from the Great War, it's very much possible. I'm actually trying it now - artillery heavy infantry, supported by cavalry with rocket artillery and armoured cars with no Panzers and minimal Luftwaffe. Will be interesting to see how that kind of Heer fares. Before, such a change was impossible or demanded extensive manual editing of the country files.

The success of Magicka and Crusader Kings 2 has put Paradox in a position were they can afford to be more diligent. “An internal quality assurance team has been built over the past year,” Wester says. “Previously, we didn’t have an internal QA team. Now we have a team of eight dedicated people in-house. We have a dedicated QA team for the Paradox development studio, specifically for the Crusader and Europa games, and we also now work with a number of external QA studios to stress test our multiplayer games, compatibility testing so it runs on different hardware, etc.”
Wester closes by saying, “That’s what you’ll see from Paradox – fewer and better titles. The quality improvement is the most important thing we’re working on right now.”

Gotta love a company that learns from their mistakes. They are truly the defenders of :incline:

Self-Ejected

Brayko

Self-Ejected
Paradox is my favorite company hands down. They are shitty about their DLC but there is not a single Paradox game that isn't amazing once you get the hang of it. Almost like a dream come true. Their music composer is the best game music composer ever (subjective, but my solid opinion nonetheless).

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom