Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Paradox is the best company ever :love:

Vatnik Wumao
Only problem is when they start resting on their laurels and taking for granted their fans' loyalty. They still have to produce a decent sandbox on release and not just the skeleton of one.
Wont happen ,a finished game , polished , would cost far more than the usual 50$ price for a niche audience like that, they aren't rockstar they cant expect millions of sale . People aren't ready to accept that and pay the right price. CK3 will be more than likely a skeleton until at least 5 years more of dlc.
And that's why it should aim to at least provide some improved and/or new base mechanics from their precursor already at launch. They must appeal not only to loyalists such as yourself, but also to those that will otherwise pirate not only the DLC, but also the base game.

BlackAdderBG

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2013 Codex 2014 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Grab the Codex by the pussy Codex USB, 2014 Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker
Only problem is when they start resting on their laurels and taking for granted their fans' loyalty. They still have to produce a decent sandbox on release and not just the skeleton of one.
Wont happen ,a finished game , polished , would cost far more than the usual 50$ price for a niche audience like that, they aren't rockstar they cant expect millions of sale . People aren't ready to accept that and pay the right price. CK3 will be more than likely a skeleton until at least 5 years more of dlc.

They are not producing 1/10 of a AAA game in terms of man-hours needed (with Rockstar example even 1/100), so asking x10 the money for the finished product is insane. Also their games sell as AAA on PC having over 1 million base game sales and this is not a niche, maybe 15 years ago but not today when they are actually selling millions.

Jonathan "Zee Nekomimi

Hoarder of loli kats./ Funny ^._.^= ∫
Patron
Codex+ Now Streaming!
First 500$ is nothing to me i dont give a flying fuck and will never have to in my life , second i tend to pay people for their work and they did quite a lot , EU4 was not just one game but an iteration of several versions, content several time, years of support , i spent 1200-2000 hours on each game i am fully satisfied by my purchase. The alternative to strategy game was civ 5-6, so god bless paradox.
Thanks for paying for all the dlc i pirated with your disposable 500 bucks bro. :positive:

Last edited:

Mortmal

Arcane
First 500$ is nothing to me i dont give a flying fuck and will never have to in my life , second i tend to pay people for their work and they did quite a lot , EU4 was not just one game but an iteration of several versions, content several time, years of support , i spent 1200-2000 hours on each game i am fully satisfied by my purchase. The alternative to strategy game was civ 5-6, so god bless paradox.
Thanks for paying for all the dlc i pirated with your disposable 500 bucks bro. :positive:
You are welcome, its my pleasure to bring enlightenment thanks to my posts and quality gaming thanks to my money to the working poor.

LESS T_T

Arcane
Codex 2014
They found a new studio Barcelona, led by Johan Andersson, will also be dedicated to make grand strategy games: https://www.gamasutra.com/view/pres...nteractive_Founds_New_Studio_in_Barcelona.php

Paradox Interactive Founds New Studio in Barcelona

STOCKHOLM - June 1, 2020 - Paradox Interactive, a publisher and developer of games that age well, today announced the opening of Paradox Tinto, a new development studio to be located in Barcelona. This is the seventh studio operated by Paradox Interactive, now present in four countries.

Paradox Tinto will start operations in Barcelona in the immediate future under the direction of studio lead Johan Andersson, 25+ year veteran of Paradox Development Studio and original creator of the Europa Universalis video game franchise. Andersson will assemble a small core team to initially oversee ongoing development on Paradox’s iconic grand strategy game, Europa Universalis IV, and later move on to new games in the grand strategy genre. Jobs are now available at Paradox Tinto, with details available on the Paradox website at https://career.paradoxplaza.com/jobs.

“People love our games and we love the fact that we are growing to create more for them, we’re particularly pleased to expand for the first time with a new studio focusing on the core game genre we’re famous for: grand strategy,” said Charlotta Nilsson, Chief Operations Officer at Paradox Interactive. “The success of our studios over the last few years has allowed us to continually add more capabilities and new ideas, with more games going into active development and more ambitious plans every day. We currently have around 70 open positions across our seven studios, with plans to recruit roughly 200 people in 2020 alone.”

“I am excited and grateful for this opportunity to build up a new studio in a new location, putting the knowledge accumulated through the decades of building games and development studios into good use,” said Johan Andersson, Studio Manager at Paradox Tinto. “My goal is to assemble a team and create a fully functional studio to keep on developing the Europa Universalis brand, and later design and develop new grand strategy games.”

The new studio joins the growing Paradox roster, which also includes Paradox Development Studio in Stockholm; Paradox Arctic in Umeå, Sweden; the Paradox development team in Malmö, Sweden; Paradox Tectonic in Berkeley, California; Triumph Studios in Delft, The Netherlands; and Harebrained Schemes in Seattle.

Paradox Interactive is a leading global publisher of strategy games for PC and console. The company has developed and published a world-renowned catalog stretching back to 1999, with players hailing from all around the world.

The publisher’s steadily-growing portfolio includes firmly established franchises such as the critically acclaimed Europa Universalis, Crusader Kings, Hearts of Iron, and Stellaris series created by Paradox Development Studio, the Age of Wonders series created by Triumph Studios, as well as award-winning titles such as Cities: Skylines, Pillars of Eternity, and more from a network of partner studios. Paradox is the owner of the World of Darkness IPs and is publishing Vampire: The Masquerade - Bloodlines 2. Today, over four million people play a Paradox game each month, and the number of registered Paradox users is over twelve million.

Paradox’s head offices are located in Stockholm, Sweden. Our development studios are located in Stockholm, Malmö and Umeå, Sweden, in Delft, The Netherlands, in Seattle, Washington, and in Berkeley, California. We share a passion for gaming and gamers, and our goal is to provide deep and challenging games with hours of gameplay and endless variety to our ever-growing community.

For more information, please visit our forums and follow us on Facebook, Twitter and Instagram.

Comet sighted!

fantadomat

Arcane
Edgy Vatnik Wumao
LoL that is a bad descension if i eva saw one :lol::lol::lol:. Barca is expensive place,less than stockholm,but still an expensive one. Also Johan is pretty creatively bankrupted guy,he is the one behind the biggest paradox flop :). The only hope is that his spanish ass banger will be very creative and manipulative,thus we could see decent game.

Mikeal

Arcane
LoL that is a bad descension if i eva saw one :lol::lol::lol:. Barca is expensive place,less than stockholm,but still an expensive one. Also Johan is pretty creatively bankrupted guy,he is the one behind the biggest paradox flop :). The only hope is that his spanish ass banger will be very creative and manipulative,thus we could see decent game.

Nah they just want him somewhere far away from Sweden.

fantadomat

Arcane
Edgy Vatnik Wumao

Nah they just want him somewhere far away from Sweden.
Yeah,that is the other possibility,sending the old general to guard some pointless border post in the wild till pension. Still it is pretty meh thing to do,i would have send him in eastern evropa in the hopes of actually producing something good and commercially viable.

AwesomeButton

Proud owner of BG 3: Day of Swen's Tentacle
Patron
PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath
That's one pretty expensive retirement plan they've set up for old Johan.

thesecret1

Arcane
It's not an entirely uncommon tactic for big companies. When they have someone who is in high position who is very difficult to fire but also shitting up everything, it's often cheaper to send him off on some stupid errand than let him wreak havoc.

covr

Prophet
Patron
It's not an entirely uncommon tactic for big companies. When they have someone who is in high position who is very difficult to fire but also shitting up everything, it's often cheaper to send him off on some stupid errand than let him wreak havoc.
It would be cheaper just to fire him.

fantadomat

Arcane
Edgy Vatnik Wumao
It would be cheaper just to fire him.
It will be cheaper to just hire a smuggler and to sell him to wakandan warlord as his bitch or slave miner.

TemplarGR

Dumbfuck!
Dumbfuck Bethestard
Paradox is shit. One of the most greedy piece of garbage companies in the industry. They keep exploiting their sperg fans with their DLC milking schemes and the recycle of the same game for 2 decades with minor alterations. If not for their support for Linux, they would be completely and utterly despicable, but at least they offer their overpriced DLC on Linux too. After all those Linux sysadmins got money.

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
https://www.paradoxinteractive.com/en/paradox-insider-returns-on-march-13/[

Paradox Insider Returns on March 13
Paradox Interactive Partners with The MIX to Share News, Updates, and Inside Scoops on Upcoming Games via Twitch Broadcast

STOCKHOLM – Feb. 11, 2021 – Paradox Interactive, a publisher and developer of games with a lot of inside jokes, today announced that Paradox Insider, the online presentation of news and updates about its upcoming catalogue of games, will appear once again on March 13, 2021.

Paradox Insider will be part of Game Dev Direct, a digital event presented by The Media Indie Exchange (The MIX), on Twitch at 9:00 a.m. Pacific (18:00 CET), with Paradox Insider going live at 11:00 a.m. Pacific Time (20:00 CET). Paradox Insider will appear at http://twitch.tv/twitchgaming as well as the Paradox Interactive Twitch channel and other platforms.

Game Dev Direct will present announcements, game footage, special guests, and more from publishers and developers of all sizes. Viewers can watch it live on https://twitch.tv/mediaindieexchange, https://twitch.tv/twitchgaming, Steam, and other platforms. Paradox Insider, an “inside look” at upcoming titles, will feature trailers, deep-dives into new game content, and interviews with the developers of Paradox’s award-winning games.

Paradox Insider originally ran its debut in June 2020 and is available to watch on YouTube. For details on both Paradox Insider and Game Dev Direct, fans can visit the Game Dev Direct website and follow The MIX and Paradox Interactive on Twitter.

Jonathan "Zee Nekomimi

Hoarder of loli kats./ Funny ^._.^= ∫
Patron
Codex+ Now Streaming!
Even if Victoria 3 comes one day, it's gonna be a massive dumb down from the predecessors. After all the dumb masses of casual players must be able to play the damn thing in the fist place so then can sell dlc for features that should be in the game in the fist place.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom