Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Commandos-Like Partisans 1941 - real-time tactics in WW2 Russia

Krzysiek

Learned

Dayyālu

Arcane
Are we going to be able to play other factions like the OUN of Stepan Bandera or only partisans fighting for Stalinism?

Maybe in a DLC. After the devs use the revenues from initial sales to emigrate as far from their beloved partisans as possible.

Don't you ever get bored?

Hell, they did Syrian Warfare. Team up and do your Eastern Front rear-line anti-partisan repression simulator.

Be sure to include missions to round up Jews and burn Ukrainians in churches, guaranteed 100 articles by the mass media.

FFS, guys, it's like a broken clock at this point.

mondblut

Arcane
Krzysiek is there anything known already about mods? I have absolutely no devious intentions, I'm just curious :lol:
I don't think WW2 tactics is the forte of loverslab, but then again, you never know.

Au contraire, it's right up their valley.

6031820-2671313.jpg

Burning Bridges

Enviado de meu SM-G3502T usando Tapatalk
Krzysiek is there anything known already about mods? I have absolutely no devious intentions, I'm just curious :lol:
I don't think WW2 tactics is the forte of loverslab, but then again, you never know.

Au contraire, it's right up their valley.

6031820-2671313.jpg

That's just cheap Nazi propaganda, the soldiers just found a few women and children guarding the concentration camps and were a bit enraged.

I was rather thinking about the Katyn massacre. As you know the Germans murdered 22,000 polish officers there because the Soviet Army could not come and help them fast enough. I want to be hero of Stalinism and come to the rescue of the Polish brothers.

cretin

Magister
Douchebag!
looks very interesting checking out the website. Release this year or what, fuck me the genre is pretty thin right now

Edija

Arcane
Patron
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
Looks interesting enough, although it's more Commandos than Jagged Alliance (Endstate neverever). I just hope the AI isn't braindead.

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth

https://www.pcgamer.com/partisans-channels-the-spirit-of-commandos/

Partisans channels the spirit of Commandos
Tough tactical encounters on the Eastern front.

If you’re as old as me, you might remember repeatedly playing the contents of every PC magazine cover disk going, mostly because you couldn’t afford to actually buy any new games. And the PC demo that I got the most mileage out of by far was one for Commandos: Beyond the Call of Duty.

This one-level demo was brutally hard and suitably enormous. Your four-person squad was tasked with infiltrating and destroying a Nazi stronghold, mostly by creeping up on soldiers unawares and giving them a right good stabbing, then carefully stashing their body in a bush.

Progress was painstakingly slow, but utterly riveting. As your squad crept from cover to cover, just beyond the range of the guards’ cone of vision, you could cut the tension with a knife (pun intended). It was glorious. It took me four days to finish that demo level, and it was one of the high points in my PC gaming life.

At first glance Partisans appears to be cut from a very similar, Commandos- shaped cloth. But the key difference here is that rather than being based in France or Germany, the game plays out on the seldom covered (in games, at least) Eastern Front. “Almost every family in Russia lost someone in the Second World War,” says Project Lead Anton Martyshenko. “This page of history is not well known in the West, and we want to tell the story about the people fighting against enemy forces in dire circumstances behind the frontline.”

From the rear
Partisans sees you gather together a resistance army to thwart the German advance into Russia from the rear. Each fighter you recruit has different strengths and skills, and in addition to the main campaign, the game provides optional side missions to gather equipment and flesh out some of the soldiers’ back story.

Some characters are much better suited to action rather than stealth, for example, and each character has an upgrade tree that allows you to improve specific attributes.

Then there’s the role of civilians. You might spot, for example, a non-combatant being hassled by German soldiers, forcing you to choose whether to risk breaking cover to help them out or remain hidden to complete your objective.

The sheer amount of stuff in the game is simultaneously bewildering and exciting, with multiple ways to approach each objective, limited inventories to juggle and optimal pathways to consider.

OK, yes, it’s basically Commandos again, but prettier, more complex and with more focus on ordinary soldiers and civilians. Plus, it’s been 13 years since the last Commandos game, so it’s about ruddy time we had another one.

Burning Bridges

Enviado de meu SM-G3502T usando Tapatalk
Ehr, not only Russians.

In fact you can go to almost any such thread you want, in the Larian threads there are Belgians in KCD Czechs and almost everyone likes to jerk off to "their" games. Just shows how butthurt and insecure people are.

It still baffles me how people play games based on their nationality and how easy it is to elicit tage. Like here, someone mentions that partisan/antipartisan warfare was sick and revolting and you have a shitstorm.

LESS T_T

Arcane
Codex 2014
This will be published by Daedalic:

A new approach to the stealth tactics genre: Partisans 1941 combines stealth, action, resource management and base-building elements.

Combat.gif

Take control of a group of Partisans resisting the German occupation Eastern Front during World War II. Plan and initiate combat your way. Use tactical pause, study the environment and choose the best position to set up an ambush.

Build up your resistance camp hidden deep in the woods and find allies to join your cause. Form squads of unique Partisans and undertake diverse missions to undermine enemy forces and infrastructure, while securing resources desperately needed to sustain the resistance.

Experience a dramatic and unique chapter of World War II and become a Red Army commander behind enemy lines.

Customize_your_Squad.gif

Features
  • Fresh approach to the stealth tactics genre. A new way to play real time tactics - mix of combat, stealth, ambushes and a variety of special items to bring chaos to the enemy ranks. Choose your own way of completing each mission.
  • Lead a squad of Partisans. Build a squad of your choice and level up your Partisans. Use your character’s strengths to find the right solution to different situations. Find and recruit new resistance members.
  • Experience the life of a resistance group. In between missions you witness the routine of a Partisan’s life - develop your base, prepare for the next assignments, ensure you have the resources for the Partisan’s survival. Keep your troops motivated. Explore nearby regions, skirmish for enemy weak spots and opportunities to strike the enemy.
  • A different perspective on WW II. Experience the story of fierce resistance against ruthless German occupation on the Eastern Front. See the story and motivation of different people joining the Partisan resistance, military as well as common folk.
Background and Story
As red army commander Alexey Zorin you escape a Nazi prison camp. Gather a Partisan squad from soldiers left behind enemy lines and locals. Live with your squad all the way from small sabotage missions to attacks on the occupational forces’ authority. Play a leading role in an operation initiated by Red Army staff quarters and conducted by all Partisan teams in the area: A strike on the German forces’ supply lines for the frontlines, with the goal of buying additional time for the defenders of Leningrad to prepare against the German attack.

Alienman

Retro-Fascist
Patron
Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Codex Year of the Donut Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
Liked the demo. Felt like a mix between Men of War and Commandos. Story seems okay too, since apparently there is some survival mechanics to it too. You have to scavenge food, weapons and such and prepare for the next missions. So it's more than just going from mission to mission. Just felt pleasant and enjoyable to play.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom