Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Patch Thread - 1.03 April 3rd out now

PhantasmaNL

Arcane
Patron
PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Grab the Codex by the pussy Codex USB, 2014 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech Bubbles In Memoria
853 mb on steam.

Ok, time to see what this patch broke..

Bester

⚰️☠️⚱️
Patron
Vatnik
Interesting dev comment for Gog.com and Origin(seriously?) users.

Source Link:

BAdler said:
Hey, everyone. The 1.03 patch is live on Steam. To make sure your game updates you will probably want to completely quit out of the Steam client and jump back in.
GOG and Origin will be going through their own QA process before putting the patch live on their end. I expect it will take them a couple of days to run through that process on their side.

Please check out this blog for the patch notes.

A backer update will be posted later today (if nothing major is found with the patch once it goes live).

Thanks.

Sorry Bubbles, didn't saw you posted this already.

Why? GoG has exactly the same game files, down to a byte. Why the fuck are they stalling it? It's not like they'll play it for 2 days and then decide not to release it cause they found some bugs. Wtf is going on here.

Spectacle

Arcane
Patron
Interesting dev comment for Gog.com and Origin(seriously?) users.

Source Link:

BAdler said:
Hey, everyone. The 1.03 patch is live on Steam. To make sure your game updates you will probably want to completely quit out of the Steam client and jump back in.
GOG and Origin will be going through their own QA process before putting the patch live on their end. I expect it will take them a couple of days to run through that process on their side.

Please check out this blog for the patch notes.

A backer update will be posted later today (if nothing major is found with the patch once it goes live).

Thanks.

Sorry Bubbles, didn't saw you posted this already.

Why? GoG has exactly the same game files, down to a byte. Why the fuck are they stalling it? It's not like they'll play it for 2 days and then decide not to release it cause they found some bugs. Wtf is going on here.
All the potato people are on easter holiday so nobody is around at GOG to press the patch button. EA is just being lazy with origin.

Self-Ejected

Bubbles

I'm forever blowing

The real reason is that GOG, Origin, and most other digital services except Steam have internal QA that is performed on all newly released patches. QA takes times.

Torrasque01

Augur
How 'bout them apples GOGdrones. It sure is great not having to deal with that cancerous Steam DRM!!!

Dragoon

Educated

The real reason is that GOG, Origin, and most other digital services except Steam have internal QA that is performed on all newly released patches. QA takes times.

BAdler comment further on this issues. Especially he mentioned they are going to make a stand alone patch, which Gog users can use.

Source Link:

BAdler said:
No. We test Steam patches internally. They perform no special QA because I have direct access to uploading builds on Steam. Steam also automatically generates patches without Valve needing to do anything.

This is not the case with GOG and Origin. I have to submit builds to them and they perform the uploads. They also do separate QA on the builds they make.

Source Link:

BAdler said:
We are currently working on a standalone patcher and hope to have it complete in the next couple of weeks.

Shannow

Waster of Time
And gog owners got all smug about being durm free.
Cause it's GoG's fault that OE can't release a passably bug-free game if their lives depended on it? Or that OE waits with releasing a patch till a weekend AND the most important christian holiday? What?

Athelas

Arcane
Cause it's GoG's fault that OE can't release a passably bug-free game if their lives depended on it? Or that OE waits with releasing a patch till a weekend AND the most important christian holiday? What?
It's easily Obsidian's most bug-free game. Even the one glaring bug present is actually beneficial to the player because it raises their stats.

Blackguard

Learned

This is hardly anything PoE specific. GoG is always slow with patches.

Dragoon

Educated
It's easily Obsidian's most bug-free game. Even the one glaring bug present is actually beneficial to the player because it raises their stats.

I remember Fallout 2. That game was so broken on release. Derivated stats corrupted, car trunk missing with it all the items stashed there and save game corruption of course too. I threw that game after that onslaught of bugs into a corner. Didn't touch it for an other 2 months.
Just before Christmas one of the Black Isle devs came into their IRC chat.
He said they just finished building a patch, that should fix all the save game and car issues. They didn't had time to test it, so no official release but gave us the link so we could play over the holidays. That was patch 1.02.

It's funny that the most bugged game I played in my live became my absolute favorite. I can't even estimate how many times I finished that game, or how many times I started a new just fool around a bit.

Spectacle

Arcane
Patron
OK, which obsidianite had the great idea of adding "unarmed" to the weapon set cycle? I can't just click once to switch between ranged and melee anymore, now I have to cycle past the fist, as if anyone would ever fistfight in this game.

:baka:

Kel

Novice
Edgy
its absurd how rogue still hasn't been nerfed. I'm cruising with one shot kills in Hard

Bester

⚰️☠️⚱️
Patron
Vatnik
its absurd how rogue still hasn't been nerfed. I'm cruising with one shot kills in Hard
Question is - are you having fun? If not, then that's prolly why Josh doesn't care.

Havoc

Cheerful Magician
Patron
Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Wasteland 2 Codex USB, 2014 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath
Sensuki can you tell me how can I check if the thing exists in the files? I remember something about it's in xml files.

gunman

Arcane
Developer
For GOG users, can someone make from the steam patch an archive that can be extracted over install folder?

prodigydancer

Arcane
In My Safe Space
Question is - are you having fun? If not, then that's prolly why Josh doesn't care.
I don't see any problem with Rogue being able to deliver a massive attack out of stealth. What's wrong here is that it's more like post-2E style sneak attack rather than strictly melee backstab. Gotta file it under "D" for decline.

ZagorTeNej

Arcane
They're nerfing Slicken? Damn, it's one of my favourite spells and one of the very few things that make wizard worth a damn in PoE.

Po_Escr_Slick.jpg

Look at all those moles waiting to be popped.

LizardWizard

Cipher
Slicken was too good for a long time, but I still like it for a one time knockdown and you're melee won't have to worry from the lingering effects.

Wizard spell design is really fucked though. They get two cold spells lvl 1 but none 2nd/3rd/4th then a few awesome sauce cold 5th/6th lvl.

Shadenuat

Arcane
You can still spam it every round to your's heart desire, and then you have sleep spell and petrify spell. Wizards are fine CC'ers.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom