Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Incline Path of Exile II - early access begins November 15th

Baron Dupek

Arcane

ADL

Prophet
Anyone interested in Path of Exile 2 should be paying attention to the new league in PoE1. A lot of the same systems are being implemented for testing now and I can't imagine they'll be able to revert some of the changes coming in 3.25 such as NPCs mapping for you. This is opening pandora's box.

abija

Prophet
Just because mobile games took that mechanic and abuse it because it's one of the few that fit the medium doesn't mean you can't use it in normal games anymore.

ArchAngel

Arcane
NPCs mapping for you is a gimick that will not survive long term because GGG would just be shooting themselves into the foot.

Israfael

Arcane
Literal mobile game mechanics BTW.
It existed before, in NWN2 SoZ (and to some extent in the original campaign) you could build your castle, send the mercs on (suicidal) missions, trade and do other things that are present in 3.25

ArchAngel

Arcane
NPCs mapping for you is a gimick that will not survive long term because GGG would just be shooting themselves into the foot.
There's just no way the AFK map running is going to be good.
It is not a replacement, but an addition. You put in maps you are not interested in running or are too hard for your build and you get free loot from it. But like other mechanics, it will boost the currency gain by a lot and as a result boom the prices into heaven.

Israfael

Arcane
Sometimes even I roll 20 and get a T0 unique:

Initially i thought these mods are a cakewalk, but after i popped the map I realised that this many frenzy charges turn Sirus bosses into turbospergs with really painful damage (and I got two of them bunched up with no way to damage them afar) that can nearly one shot me (thankfully no 'send to the void' mod, otherwise I wouldn't even dare to attempt it)

Item Class: Maps
Rarity: Rare
Godless Bank
Dunes Map
--------
Map Tier: 17
Reward: Foil Headhunter
Item Quantity: +106% (augmented)
Item Rarity: +20% (augmented)
Monster Pack Size: +36% (augmented)
Quality: +20% (augmented)
--------
Chance for dropped Maps to convert to:
Shaper Map: 3% (augmented)
Conqueror Map: 16% (augmented)
Scarab: 22% (augmented)
--------
Item Level: 100
--------
Monster Level: 84
--------
Monsters have +6 to Maximum Frenzy Charges
Monsters gain a Frenzy Charge on Hit
Players are assaulted by apparitions of Drox, the Warlord
Monsters can only be Damaged while within 2 metres of a Player
Players' modifiers to Light Radius also apply to this range
Area contains The Elderslayers
Rare Monsters have 20% chance to spawn a Duplicate of Map Boss on Death
Maximum number of Players in Area is one
--------
Travel to this Map by using it in a personal Map Device. Maps can only be used once. Defeat 90% of all monsters in this Map, including all Rare and Unique enemies to obtain the Reward. The area created is not affected by your Atlas Passive Tree, and cannot be augmented via the Map Device.
--------
Unmodifiable
--------
Foil (Celestial Emerald)

Damned Registrations

Furry Weeaboo Nazi Nihilist
Oh... they're making a twin-stick shooter, gotcha.
You know... I'd actually probably enjoy that a lot. Those can be pretty fun, and their flaw is usually a lack of options and content.

Pretty sure what they're actually making is an auction house simulator though.

Damned Registrations

Furry Weeaboo Nazi Nihilist

Gerrard

Arcane
what is wrong with souls games? are you too smart for them? too cool?
Is an actual RPG. Unlike the gear farming loot-gambling-pachinko machine that are Diablo clones.
Nah, it is just a dodge simulator and an action game
Too bad it's a shitty dodge simulator as soon as lag kicks in at all in this always online game.
Not only that, unless they improved the netcode playing a PvE action game that favors the server over the player is a joke.

ADL

Prophet
I assume that access will be granted based on buying some new supporter pack, or by begging for a key in their forum.
They said it'd be similar to 3.0 which was...
1.) Supporter pack which included some cosmetics with the beta key
2.) Lottery (begins a couple days after release I assume)
3.) Paypiggies like me that have exceeded >$500 in previous purchases

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom