Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Incline Path of Exile II - early access begins November 15th

ADL

Prophet
Path of Exile has always been a game that plays great with your friends, but until now, you needed multiple devices to play it on. For Path of Exile II though, we really wanted to bring the experience of playing together to the couch.

Players can play collaboratively on a single account, or log in with two separate Path of Exile accounts on the same console.

In addition, Path of Exile II is introducing full cross-play and cross-progression. Play with your friends without losing any progress!
Key Features
  • Twelve Character ClassesPath of Exile II features twelve character classes, two for every combination of Strength, Dexterity and Intelligence. While each of the class variants focuses on a different playstyle, they’re just a starting point. You can combine skills from many classes together to create your ideal character build. Each of the twelve character classes has its own three Ascendancy specializations, resulting in a total of 36 Ascendancy Classes to pick between.
  • New Skill Gem SystemPath of Exile II features 240 Skill Gems that grant devastating active skills, and 200 Support Gems that modify their behavior. Earn the Gems as you play through the Campaign and combine them together to create your perfect build. This is the next generation of Path of Exile’s famous skill system. Support Gems are now socketed directly into Skill Gems, removing many of the frustrations present in the old system while maintaining all the previous depth. It’s now possible to six-link every skill your character uses.
  • Dual-Specialize Your Passive Skill TreePath of Exile’s iconic Passive Skill Tree has made a return, with 1,500 skills that allow you to completely customize your gameplay experience. It now features Dual Specialization, the ability to allocate some passive skill points to two different sets of skills. They engage whenever the appropriate weapon or skill type is used. For example, you can have some points allocated to both daggers and traps, or ice and lightning, and as you swap between attacks, the appropriate skill points will apply. This lets you specialize in multiple areas without opportunity cost.
  • Uncover All-New ItemsPath of Exile II features 700 equipment base types and every single one has its own unique item you can find. You can augment your arsenal with new weapons such as Spears, Crossbows and Flails, as well as supplementary items like Focuses, Traps and redesigned Sceptres.
  • Encounter Unique Bosses – In Path of Exile II, every area of the Campaign contains a boss encounter. There’s over a hundred bosses to fight as you make your way through the Acts and they all have unique mechanics to learn.
  • Explore a New Endgame – At the conclusion of Path of Exile II’s six-act campaign, you’ll gain access to its endgame. Each of the more than 100 endgame maps has its own boss encounter! We’ll reveal more details of the surprises that await you in Path of Exile II’s endgame in the leadup to release.
  • Fair-to-Play. Never Pay-to-WinPath of Exile II is a separate game to the original Path of Exile. We will continue to offer expansions for both games going forward. They are completely free-to-play and will never be “pay to win.” Purchases are shared between the two games.
New gemcutting menus that recommend supports based on usage. I love this. This is the kind of QoL that can be done to unobfuscate new player unfriendly concepts without sacrificing any complexity.
5e5jagt863kd1.jpeg
xbkyaf0s93kd1.jpeg
zuhq3f8u53kd1.jpeg

Source: https://www.gematsu.com/2024/08/path-of-exile-ii-launches-in-early-access-on-november-15

tritosine2k

Erudite
@1:00
Button awesome moment of poe lol.

"CREATIVE GENIUS AWESOME"
lol

Minion AI would be kinda big deal you know supposedly that'd even translate into gameplay.

abija

Prophet
I don't understand the complaints about the skill tree in PoE. It's like people refuse to engage their brains just because it seems complicated.

that's right: it's not complex, it's needlessly, overly retardedly complicated and absolutely inconsequential. you're spending in mana, suddenly every node is about stamina and archery. you chase fire damage, the closest big skill is about summons.

abija

Prophet
It's about cost per node and making choices. If you went for a big fire damage node and the other one is far way it means you're not supposed to get both or give up everything else for it.

lukaszek

the determinator
Patron
or you somehow make it work, like going for minion dmg and then have that affect you as well.

ArchAngel

Arcane

Cool new info in this video.

Now you need to find level ups for your skills similar to Diablo 1, you no longer level up skill gems with experience. You need to find a lvl X uncut gem as loot and you can either get a new skill of that level or level up one of your existing skills to that level of uncut gem.

Also some maps have cool environment effects like you are taking DoT if you are moving out of shadows..

Last edited:

Damned Registrations

Furry Weeaboo Nazi Nihilist
^That's some good gameplay by someone who knows what they're doing and showcases about the speed of what I'd hope endgame is like.
This is good time to kill and enemy density without it being overwhelming.
https://youtu.be/BCEtMu4ZlVs?t=128
Yeah, I agree that's some promising gameplay. I'll probably play some of this on launch before they decide to balance the game around people with whirlwind wanting to faceroll through maps and no lifers sinking 40 hours a week into farming.

Israfael

Arcane
This is good time to kill and enemy density without it being overwhelming.
Imagine doing this for hundreds of hours, you all of the anti zoom-zoom crowd'd be first to drop the game, i guess. Also, D3 inferno flashbacks, just some wasps and opressor daemons missing that one shot you from afar or fly faster than you run.

ADL

Prophet
I can imagine myself playing Path of Exile 2 for hundreds of hours just fine. It's engaging gameplay. It's these people who I think are fucking nuts.

Mark.L.Joy

Prophet
That's a meme and that's fine the problem is balancing the game around autistic data mining.

CountNemo

Novice
I can imagine myself playing Path of Exile 2 for hundreds of hours just fine. It's engaging gameplay. It's these people who I think are fucking nuts.

I'd be incredibly disappointed if PoE2 is anything close to this. Please contain this retarded gameplay to PoE1, it's for millennials with brainrot who might aswell gamble instead.

rashiakas

Cipher
Patron
Pathfinder: Wrath
I played the CBT and while it felt a lot like d1 in the beginning, after an hour or so it was spamming one attack while clearing hordes of enemies. The first time I died was when I fought the Boss from chapter I which felt more like a Dark Soul fight than a Diablo Boss.

luj1

You're all shills
Vatnik
I played the CBT and while it felt a lot like d1 in the beginning, after an hour or so it was spamming one attack while clearing hordes of enemies. The first time I died was when I fought the Boss from chapter I which felt more like a Dark Soul fight than a Diablo Boss.

well to be honest Diablo introduced Soulslike bosses

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom