Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Path of Exile is a MAJESTIC incline

Kjaska

Arbeiter
Patron
Insert Title Here
Old Magic Finding strat is back and is arguably even better now:

tl;dw: Use Anarchy Scarab of Gigantification, Ritual, Rogue Exile focused Atlas on a T6 map with as much IIQ/IIR as your character can handle

Mathil goes over the current state of the game:

tl;dw: it's the Wild West out there right now

Jaedar

Arcane
Patron
Project: Eternity Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Pathfinder: Kingmaker
I am very upset about the scarab deluge (played a single t1 map and I already have like 7 different scarabs). Feels like I'm probably going to be forced to get a scarab tab.

The lighning arrow meta league starter I'm playing does not feel great. In part it's because my gear is a bit bad, but the lack of defensive layers is also making me go "damn sc players, you live like this?".

Clear speed is pretty good, even bosses go down pretty fast to ballista. But the chance of getting randomly oneshot is just too damn high.

lukaszek

the determinator
Patron
I am very upset about the scarab deluge (played a single t1 map and I already have like 7 different scarabs). Feels like I'm probably going to be forced to get a scarab tab.
my life was better ever since obtaining atlas passive that removed scarabs. At that point I was close to editing my filter even.

Anyway Im done with my RF trickster. It was fun but I got annoyed with bullshit single hit deaths.
Delve was best experience, build was made for deaeling with endless waves of trash mobs

Zinloz

Barely Literate

The lighning arrow meta league starter I'm playing does not feel great. In part it's because my gear is a bit bad, but the lack of defensive layers is also making me go "damn sc players, you live like this?".

Clear speed is pretty good, even bosses go down pretty fast to ballista. But the chance of getting randomly oneshot is just too damn high.

League mechanic is making squishy builds feel way worse than they are. LA is fantastic, and doesn't die often when mapping, even in bad gear (really just dies against ubers). But when you get some random shit like 100% bonus damage as chaos or whatever the fuck the league throws at you, yeah, you're going to fall over randomly.

Kjaska

Arbeiter
Patron
Insert Title Here
Feels like I'm probably going to be forced to get a scarab tab.
Pay up, goyim :takemyjewgold:

Did you at least use a Quicksilver Flask on the ranger or are you still walking straight into titty bitch fire as you did with the RF guy?

Jaedar

Arcane
Patron
Project: Eternity Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Pathfinder: Kingmaker

Did you at least use a Quicksilver Flask on the ranger or are you still walking straight into titty bitch fire as you did with the RF guy?
I have a qs flask. (The one you get from a quest at the start of the game. No other has dropped)

I'm basically out of the league already, played one t2 map and my heart isn't in this build. I also feel like the drop rate for corpses immediately became a lot lower in maps? Or I got really lucky for a while during the campaign? I was finding 1-3 corpses per map in campaign, even with the standard 'take shortest path, ignore half the enemies on that path'

Scarabs+necropolis mods also feels very fiddly, I don't want to put more effort into white maps than alt and go. It's not entirely unfun though, if I had a build I enjoyed I would not quit because of it.

my life was better ever since obtaining atlas passive that removed scarabs. At that point I was close to editing my filter even.
The problem is that this node is at the very top, so you need to get like 50 atlas passive points to get there.

League mechanic is making squishy builds feel way worse than they are. LA is fantastic, and doesn't die often when mapping, even in bad gear (really just dies against ubers). But when you get some random shit like 100% bonus damage as chaos or whatever the fuck the league throws at you, yeah, you're going to fall over randomly.
Lies. At least the guide I'm following. The builds defensive layers are: not even capped spell suppression (unless you have good gear), high evasion, 100% inc life (trolololo), cwdt+ic (what is this, 2019?). You either offscreen stuff or you risk getting oneshot. Neither is fun to me. At least I've gotten to maps with every ascendancy now, I am ready for poe2.

Kjaska

Arbeiter
Patron
Insert Title Here
cwdt+ic (what is this, 2019?)
There is no reason not to run this on a low armour high avoidance build like a ranger. No idea what build you're following, but no spell suppression cap sounds like a major red flag. Here is an actual good build maker and player:

ArchAngel

Arcane

I have a qs flask. (The one you get from a quest at the start of the game. No other has dropped)

I'm basically out of the league already, played one t2 map and my heart isn't in this build. I also feel like the drop rate for corpses immediately became a lot lower in maps? Or I got really lucky for a while during the campaign? I was finding 1-3 corpses per map in campaign, even with the standard 'take shortest path, ignore half the enemies on that path'

Scarabs+necropolis mods also feels very fiddly, I don't want to put more effort into white maps than alt and go. It's not entirely unfun though, if I had a build I enjoyed I would not quit because of it.

The problem is that this node is at the very top, so you need to get like 50 atlas passive points to get there.

Lies. At least the guide I'm following. The builds defensive layers are: not even capped spell suppression (unless you have good gear), high evasion, 100% inc life (trolololo), cwdt+ic (what is this, 2019?). You either offscreen stuff or you risk getting oneshot. Neither is fun to me. At least I've gotten to maps with every ascendancy now, I am ready for poe2.
I've been ready for PoE2 2 leagues ago (6 months ago).

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom