Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Path of Exile is a MAJESTIC incline

Kane

I have many names
Patron
Vatnik
PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015
Endgame revealed:

http://www.pathofexile.com/news/2012-06-26/dev-diary-maps

Edit: EL GRANDE LIST OF CODEXIANS PLAYING POE (as requested by hoverdog, the dog that hovers):

Ormagöden - Zelithia
hoverdog - KorwinKrul
Hoaxmetal - DukkMetal
empi - AllIEverWanded
raw - MolestedLikeLaraCroft

Unwanted

bot

Unwanted
Dumbfuck Queued
Since 'majestic' meme used to imply pejorative connotations, I don't know what to make out of the thread topic. Help me out.

It's a F2P online-only Diablo-clone, so I consider the topic title to be ironic.

In before Auction House.

aris

Arcane
It's quite cool, but also looks kind of grindy to recraft maps to get the mods you want. Also, different only in the concept of activation from standard MMORPG instanced dungeons, this isn't especially innovative. Combat, even at the end game, still looks sluggish, and the HP-bloat is horrible. Still over-all, it looks pretty good, and HP-bloat is stuff that can be fixed.

Grunker

RPG Codex Ghost
Patron
Any bro wants a beta-key? I got one I don't need.

also looks kind of grindy

You realize it's a diablo-clone, right?

standard MMORPG instanced dungeons

You can modify and alter instances in MMORPG dungeons and find instance-drops?

aris

Arcane
sure I know it is a diablo (2) clone, it isn't exactly difficult to see, but diablo hasn't traditionally been about craft grinding though, that is: Until diablo 3, although it is useless and thus isn't used. And the modification of dungeon instances is another difference which I did not explicitly consider in my post, true, but nothing jaw dropping.

spectre

Arcane
Wow, that's some pretty good ideas. Hopefully, it's not exclusively end game stuff.

Are there any good recent ARPGs that have Diablo1-style or Nox-style combat? Diablo2-style is so overdone at this point that I can't find any myself having any enthusiasm for it for at least a few more years.

Bahamut

Arcane

Grunker

RPG Codex Ghost
Patron
nice idea, shame the game plays like shit.

except it doesn't

sticker,375x360.png

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom