Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

KickStarter Path of Scion - Turn Based RPG under development by DigiPig

J_C

One Bit Studio
Patron
Developer
Project: Eternity Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath
I found this campaign recently, I thought maybe some people might be interested in it. The turn based combat is definitley a pro, just as the dark-fantasy setting. And it has some kind of stronghold managing gameplay.
The Path of Scion is a classic, story-oriented dark fantasy RPG with a unique manager aspect. Our concept is that the player, who embodies a demi-god must extend his power and influence over the land.
For this task using fellow Prophets (NPCs), sacred powers, political cunning and even military is needed. Your rule will solidify gradually as you progress through the game.
If the characters get into combat, the game mode switches from real-time to a turn based mode using action points for different moves.

We have chosen this solution for different reasons. For one it allows you to make sober-minded tactical decisions, furthermore it is the closest to the original tabletop roleplaying games.

We are planning lots of different weapons, magical and divine spells allowing you to find the most comfortable game-style in any situations.

Even a demi-god needs a place to manage his empire.

We call this place the Nexus, which is your stronghold.

Here you can train your followers, shape your divine powers into form and decide on the fate of each conquered territory.

http://www.pathofscion.com/
https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/438585437/path-of-scion

Last edited:

AMG

Arbiter
Damn, Obsidian can't catch a break. Barely released Tyranny and deadly competitor is already on the way.

J_C

One Bit Studio
Patron
Developer
Project: Eternity Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath
I'm sure they will deliver a better combat system than Obsidian. :smug:

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom