Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Pathfinder Pathfinder: Kingmaker - Enhanced Plus Edition - now with turn-based combat

Perkel

Arcane
Wait, they added turn based mode ? I started to play it on release but dropped it for them to fix bugs and shit. If this has turn based mode i am fucking in.

Mod adds the turn-based mode, from what I've heard, it works very well.

https://www.nexusmods.com/pathfinderkingmaker/mods/109

Praise the Sun. I wonder if devs have seen that and plan to officially support it.

Fuck i just started Kingdom Come.... fuck fuck fuck fuck fuck fuck...

ArchAngel

Arcane
Wait, they added turn based mode ? I started to play it on release but dropped it for them to fix bugs and shit. If this has turn based mode i am fucking in.

Praise the Sun. I wonder if devs have seen that and plan to officially support it.

Devs did see it and said they like it. No word about officially supporting it. But it is always possible they do something similar for Pathfinder 2.

ArchAngel

Arcane
Only irritation I have with TB mod is that if your character is within 5 feet of enemy and can full attack it should automatically only use 5 foot and full attack. I had many situations where character would do a micro move and then lose the full attack.
Then to make sure I started clicking 5 foot button on top of the UI and later found option that turns on 5 foot with right mouse click on empty space. But sometimes that one just moves you and if you mouse over loot while right clicking, character moves to pick it up instead :D

Last edited:

Shadenuat

Arcane
Oh god
71oXGWf.jpg
wizards are weak

panda

Savant
Wtf. I never seen something do that much damage in single hit.. Siroket was erased from history :D
Mortality clarified in a single strike.

This is beaty of nepotism strong economy.
Frozen shout, four elements, arcane annihilation, grandmaster's rod - all the power comes from artisans.

AdamReith

Magister
Patron
Enjoy the Revolution! Another revolution around the sun that is.
the level of social retardation I'm "role playing".
If you're role playing a social retard then why are you talking to your companions? Your "infodumps" require active choice of selecting at least 5 menu items and quite enthusiastic pressing of the "continue" button. In this case you're role playing a good squad commander who cares about their :smug: troops.

Well I was making two different points here. The first is the readiness of the characters to tell you their entire histories when they don't know anything about you other than the fact you care to ask, this makes sense for chatterbox characters but seems to be applied uniformly. I think it would make more sense for characters to open up over time, especially if they are being sold as a mysterious sort or a grump.

Second, the general disposition the companions have towards your character is friendly irregardless of your charisma or behaviour towards them. So, even where you are role playing an unpleasant person you must suffer their affection all the same. I mean they are companions so it makes sense for them to like you for gameplay reasons but winning somebody over can be quite satisfying too!

Desiderius

Found your egg, Robinett, you sneaky bastard
Patron
Insert Title Here Pathfinder: Wrath
It's a given that you'll be getting Courage from somewhere, so that really doesn't count

wat

He was saying his Bard does as much ranged damage as other ranged toons because it gets to add Inspire Courage to argue that Bard ranged is better than Bard melee. I'm saying you can play without Courage up if you want to add a difficulty level to the game, but why would you? (Doing 1,000 pt Polar Rays is one valid answer.) Given a Courage field, other ranged toons do (way) more damage than ranged Bard.

Which is beside the original point anyway, which was whether to put your Bard in melee or use a bow. With some exceptions, if a toon has Image and can melee, she's getting her ass in the fray. The more Outflankers the merrier.

Last edited:

Pink Eye

Monk
Patron
I'm very into cock and ball torture

Devs did see it and said they like it. No word about officially supporting it. But it is always possible they do something similar for Pathfinder 2.
As long as they don't butcher the RTWP side of gameplay, I don't care if they add TB support.

Pink Eye

Monk
Patron
If you're role playing a social retard then why are you talking to your companions? Your "infodumps" require active choice of selecting at least 5 menu items and quite enthusiastic pressing of the "continue" button. In this case you're role playing a good squad commander who cares about their :smug: troops.

Well I was making two different points here. The first is the readiness of the characters to tell you their entire histories when they don't know anything about you other than the fact you care to ask, this makes sense for chatterbox characters but seems to be applied uniformly. I think it would make more sense for characters to open up over time, especially if they are being sold as a mysterious sort or a grump.

Second, the general disposition the companions have towards your character is friendly irregardless of your charisma or behaviour towards them. So, even where you are role playing an unpleasant person you must suffer their affection all the same. I mean they are companions so it makes sense for them to like you for gameplay reasons but winning somebody over can be quite satisfying too!
Well you are forgetting one very important thing. You and the companions are not strangers. You guys just survived an assassination attempt. You also traveled together to Oleg's trading post. During that time frame you and your companions will grow closer to each other. It just happens way too quickly because we're playing a video game.

Desiderius

Patron

Well you are forgetting one very important thing. You and the companions are not strangers. You guys just survived an assassination attempt. You also traveled together to Oleg's trading post. During that time frame you and your companions will grow closer to each other. It just happens way too quickly because we're playing a video game.

Y'all are both right. You've experienced enough together for them to give you the benefit of the doubt, but not to bare their souls.

Shadenuat

Arcane
it's just a well built AT with gnomegirl wand; hellfire ray would actually do more damage even without crits.

panda

Savant
it's just a well built AT with gnomegirl wand; hellfire ray would actually do more damage even without crits.
Ackchyually, i'm not sure. Hellfire ray won't receive bonus dmg from 4 elements/arcane annihilation(for some reason) and half of fire vulnerability will be missing too due to unholly dmg split. So it should be pretty close to polar ray in the end.
AT "only" gave around 180 in this case WITH all bonus dice dmg. Around 900 was from base spell + crit + ice vulnerability.

ArchAngel

Arcane
Not it would not. You would need to crit multiple times for that. Small chance of that.

HellFire ray should do more damage on average because with 3 rays you got more chance one of them crits but when Polar Ray does crit, hellfire can only hide in the corner.

Shadenuat

Arcane
Ackchyually, i'm not sure. Hellfire ray won't receive bonus dmg from 4 elements/arcane annihilation(for some reason)
mabe cause it's coded as divine damage or something

Not it would not. You would need to crit multiple times for that. Small chance of that.

HellFire ray should do more damage on average because with 3 rays you got more chance one of them crits but when Polar Ray does crit, hellfire can only hide in the corner.
ima NOT reinstalling the game after 1000 h of play

Last edited:

ArchAngel

Arcane
It's a given that you'll be getting Courage from somewhere, so that really doesn't count

wat

He was saying his Bard does as much ranged damage as other ranged toons because it gets to add Inspire Courage to argue that Bard ranged is better than Bard melee. I'm saying you can play without Courage up if you want to add a difficulty level to the game, but why would you? (Doing 1,000 pt Polar Rays is one valid answer.) Given a Courage field, other ranged toons do (way) more damage than ranged Bard.

Which is beside the original point anyway, which was whether to put your Bard in melee or use a bow. With some exceptions, if a toon has Image and can melee, she's getting her ass in the fray. The more Outflankers the merrier.
I don't know if you are dense or just like to not read my posts fully. I said multiple times that if you got another ranged person in the party then you don't need archer bard and yes in that case both Good Hope and Inspire Courage give same bonuses to that archer and bard does way less damage.
So no, you don't get Inspire Courage anyways. You get it from this archer bard if there are no other archers in the party.
If there are other archers I already accepted that caster bard is superior as a support and disabler for the archer and others.

Where did melee bard come from now?! This is first time you brought it up. And no, melee bard is not better than archer bard just like melee is not better than archery in this game, except with high sneak attack dual wield builds that no bard will have.

Last edited:

Pink Eye

Monk
Patron
Ackchyually, i'm not sure. Hellfire ray won't receive bonus dmg from 4 elements/arcane annihilation(for some reason) and half of fire vulnerability will be missing too due to unholly dmg split. So it should be pretty close to polar ray in the end.
AT "only" gave around 180 in this case WITH all bonus dice dmg. Around 900 was from base spell + crit + ice vulnerability.
Whoa.

Desiderius

Patron

wat

I don't know if you are dense or just like to not read my posts fully. I said multiple times that if you got another ranged person in the party then you don't need archer bard and yes in that case both Good Hope and Inspire Courage give same bonuses to that archer and bard does way less damage.
So no, you don't get Inspire Courage anyways. You get it from this archer bard if there are no other archers in the party.
If there are other archers I already accepted that caster bard is superior as a support and disabler for the archer and others.

Where did melee bard come from now?! This is first time you brought it up. And now, melee bard is not better than archer bard just like melee is not better than archery in this game, except with high sneak attack dual wield builds that no bard will have.

Talk about not reading comments. Been over reason to keep Bard/Cleric in melee several times.

I always have multiple archers so not having another archer is moot. If melee is worse than archery, why wouldn't you have multiples? You're not making sense.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom