Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Pathfinder Pathfinder: Kingmaker - Enhanced Plus Edition - now with turn-based combat

Sykar

Arcane
Oh god
71oXGWf.jpg
Explain this to me. I don't play spell casters.
It's an Arcane trickster. Combines spell damage with sneak dice. The most damage-dealer char in the game.

Would the game not show what is normal damage and what is sneak attack damage?

Desiderius

Found your egg, Robinett, you sneaky bastard
Patron
Insert Title Here Pathfinder: Wrath

Desiderius

Patron

ArchAngel

Arcane
It's a given that you'll be getting Courage from somewhere, so that really doesn't count

wat

He was saying his Bard does as much ranged damage as other ranged toons because it gets to add Inspire Courage to argue that Bard ranged is better than Bard melee. I'm saying you can play without Courage up if you want to add a difficulty level to the game, but why would you? (Doing 1,000 pt Polar Rays is one valid answer.) Given a Courage field, other ranged toons do (way) more damage than ranged Bard.

Which is beside the original point anyway, which was whether to put your Bard in melee or use a bow. With some exceptions, if a toon has Image and can melee, she's getting her ass in the fray. The more Outflankers the merrier.
I don't know if you are dense or just like to not read my posts fully. I said multiple times that if you got another ranged person in the party then you don't need archer bard and yes in that case both Good Hope and Inspire Courage give same bonuses to that archer and bard does way less damage.
So no, you don't get Inspire Courage anyways. You get it from this archer bard if there are no other archers in the party.
If there are other archers I already accepted that caster bard is superior as a support and disabler for the archer and others.

Where did melee bard come from now?! This is first time you brought it up. And now, melee bard is not better than archer bard just like melee is not better than archery in this game, except with high sneak attack dual wield builds that no bard will have.

Talk about not reading comments. Been over reason to keep Bard/Cleric in melee several times.

I always have multiple archers so not having another archer is moot. If melee is worse than archery, why wouldn't you have multiples? You're not making sense.
Because it makes the game way too easy. I had a custom party with Fighter archer and Ranger(freebooter) archer and they made the game a cakewalk. After that I don't take more than one dedicated archer. And I like to use bards in that role due to also being able to double up as party buffers.

Desiderius

Patron
Because it makes the game way too easy. I had a custom party with Fighter archer and Ranger(freebooter) archer and they made the game a cakewalk. After that I don't take more than one dedicated archer. And I like to use bards in that role due to also being able to double up as party buffers.

Got it. A little slow but getting there too.

Last edited:

panda

Savant
it's just a well built AT with gnomegirl wand; hellfire ray would actually do more damage even without crits.
Not it would not. You would need to crit multiple times for that. Small chance of that.

HellFire ray should do more damage on average because with 3 rays you got more chance one of them crits but when Polar Ray does crit, hellfire can only hide in the corner.
Pretty much. Did quick test:
Polar 550 - 600 without crit
Hellfire around 900 total without crit

ArchAngel

Arcane
You would need to crit multiple times for that. Small chance of that.
as opposed to critting only 1 time? :philosoraptor:

yep, your spawn of rovagug in 2(?) rounds there.
Math is hard I guess.. Each round with polar ray you got 1 in 20 chance to crit and do full crit damage.
Each round with hellfire ray you got 1 in 20 to crit with one of the ray, 1 in 400 to crit with 2 rays and 1 in 8000 to crit all 3 rays.

BTW, how did are you getting 900 non crit damage with Hellfire?

Pink Eye

Monk
Patron
I'm very into cock and ball torture
it's just a well built AT with gnomegirl wand; hellfire ray would actually do more damage even without crits.
Not it would not. You would need to crit multiple times for that. Small chance of that.

HellFire ray should do more damage on average because with 3 rays you got more chance one of them crits but when Polar Ray does crit, hellfire can only hide in the corner.
Pretty much. Did quick test:
Polar 550 - 600 without crit
Whoa. That's more damage than monks unarmed fist.
See:
9Q3AsDk.png

Pink Eye

Monk
Patron
Then again, 100+ damage should be more than enough. I've yet to see any enemies that have 1000+ hp.... I think 1000+ damage is a bit over kill for most of the content in the game.

Shadenuat

Arcane
45*6x1.5+sneak+robe of elements etc

and while it's true that sneak doen't add the biggest amount of single nukes, it's still thousands of extra damage per game and hundreds per turn for AoE surprise spells

Then again, 100+ damage should be more than enough. I've yet to see any enemies that have 1000+ hp.... I think 1000+ damage is a bit over kill for most of the content in the game.
Rovagug is 1600.

Pink Eye

Monk
Patron
45*6x1.5+sneak+robe of elements etc

Rovagug is 1600.
>Rovagug
Oh, right, i forgot about that. Spawn is a real pain in the behind on unfair. I only managed to beat it once, and that was because I had a custom hospitaler in my party.

Desiderius

Patron
frozen shout is a headpiece or smth? I don't remember

Yes, artisan head.

Am I a clown because I'm saying ranged is good or because everyone already knows ranged is good or because ranged is actually bad or because you generally enjoy giving me random shit?

Shadenuat

Arcane
frozen shout is a headpiece or smth? I don't remember

Yes, artisan head.

Am I a clown because I'm saying ranged is good or because everyone already knows ranged is good or because ranged is actually bad or because you generally enjoy giving me random shit?
gotta punish you for all the pages of abusing quote button somehow.

I only recognize Grandmaster Rod from that list.
Welcome to the real world of ***magic***

Desiderius

Patron
Wow, just wow. First Haplo than this. Wow. I feel inferior. BUT WORRY NOT!!! I got a feeling pummeling strike monk is where it's at.

They're using per rest abilities, you're swinging a gazillion times per turn, every turn.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom