Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Pathfinder Pathfinder: Kingmaker - Enhanced Plus Edition - now with turn-based combat

razvedchiki

Erudite
One of my favorite combos was having an abberant bloodrager (who is immune to nauseated) in a stinking cloud smashing the enemies who were getting intimidated and taking penalties to their follow up saves in return. Even if the AI was smart enough to leave the cloud (it is not), they'd eat AoOs for doing so.

you use call of the wild?

LannTheStupid

Товарищ
Patron
Pathfinder: Wrath
Also, I wonder if the people who use Steam statistics as the foundation of their bragging rights know about GOG users with the Galaxy client, GOG users without the client, and torrent "buyers"? How well does Steam statistics work for them?

Fedora Master

Arcane
Patron
Edgy
It must have been right before the EE or so.
At any rate, my point was that you should be able to talk to the Wild Hunt, at least on a few occasions, because they aren't Int 3 critters. The game did a good job of allowing for skill tests in the chapter RIGHT before it after all.

nyjsu

Educated
Patron
I helped put crap in Monomyth
So I haven't really kept up with the current state of the game, have the bugs actually been resolved and the game is worth playing now? It's currently -60% in GOG and I'm wondering if I should pick it up.

Morkar Left

a veteran crpg player doesn't necessarily know how the pathfinder or even d20 rules work
I think to come to this conclusion one must have his own interpretaion of the words "veteran", "crpg", and "player".

From which crpg should the player have his knowledge? The only games using a similar ruleset are ToeE, NWN 2 and KotC. And only NWN 2 comes close regarding classes.

And they aren't even considered the best of their genre. You could have years of crpg playtime without playing these.

Chippy

Arcane
Patron
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
Ah...actually that didn't work after all. :roll:

Maybe Owlcat will read this and decide it's not such a great idea to have a 4" x 8" page of opaque information obscuring over your screen everytime you mouse over an enemy.
I can only hope.
are you talking about inspect mode? look at bottom left, there should be an eye icon on your UI. turn that off

Alternatively press "y".

I've got the black screen glitch from Win screenshots in games, so can't be bothered to sort that out. But think my description is adequate: I'm referring to a tooltip as the page of information that appears as you mouse-over something. The stat screen during a battle over enemies, or the corpses on the ground after. The page of info when you mouse over whatever is in your quick slots and the description of an item in the inventory screen.

I think it's a critical mistake not to disable this. There's a slider under game setting that goes from 0>0.5 (half) a second that delays the tooltip by .5 sec. It should be at least 2 seconds.

Greatly diminishes the game for me; you're in combat and you've gotta be aware of where the cursor is or you get the stat page appearing in the top right corner of the screen (usually over my party), or as you mouse over to the quick slots.

It provokes my autism greatly.

kelkorkesis

Novice
Evocation generally targets Reflexes, but it is mostly for nuking, not disabling.
This is not necessarily true for pathfinder. It wasn't necessarily true for 3.5 either. Disclaimer: In pnp if you wanted to deal damage you would go for conjuration in 3.5 because it had best damage dealing spells. And I consider Sirocco as best disable spell in this game, which is an evocation.

Also, while it is good idea have several spells which can target different saves, you can boost save of a single spell if you focus on it hard. For example, Sirocco is a level 6 evocation spell with [fire] descriptor. You are looking +2 from (Greater) Spell Focus, +2 from (Greater) Elemental focus, +3 from rod of flaming vengeance, +2 from Robe of Fire. With other standard wizard gear you will disable everyone.

You can do this with a more versatile way if you focus on illusion too thanks to shadow evocation. Your spell saves will be a little bit lower but I think a shadow evocation/weird with saving throw 40 would be enough. This can be boosted further if you are using Eldritch Arcana mod.

ga♥

Arcane
Vatnik
How is the BAB progression? With a full BAB class like fighter/ranger/paladin/slayer, at what level does the BAB stop progressing (does it stop?)? I want to multi my boring slayer and I am trying to figure when it would be best.

kelkorkesis

Novice
How is the BAB progression? With a full BAB class like fighter/ranger/paladin/slayer, at what level does the BAB stop progressing (does it stop?)? I want to multi my boring slayer and I am trying to figure when it would be best.
BAB doesn't stop progressing but you will get your last iterative attack at BAB 16.

conan_edw

Arbiter
Patron
Grab the Codex by the pussy Pathfinder: Wrath
So I decided to reinstall and continue where I left off and it's been like 10 fucking minutes on loading screen, is this normal?!

Trashos

Arcane
And I consider Sirocco as best disable spell in this game, which is an evocation.

Also, while it is good idea have several spells which can target different saves, you can boost save of a single spell if you focus on it hard. For example, Sirocco is a level 6 evocation spell with [fire] descriptor. You are looking +2 from (Greater) Spell Focus, +2 from (Greater) Elemental focus, +3 from rod of flaming vengeance, +2 from Robe of Fire. With other standard wizard gear you will disable everyone.

I am going to keep an eye open for sirocco. However I am not optimistic that it is going to fit my style. Sirocco looks like a spell that needs certain amounts of flexibility in order to be used. My playstyle is exactly the opposite, it is all about team tactics that deal with non-flexible situations. At any rate, I will definitely give it a shot.

You can do this with a more versatile way if you focus on illusion too thanks to shadow evocation.

Gonna keep an eye open for shadow evocation too, cheers.

Trashos

Arcane
Maybe you should reboot your machine once and retry, before taking more extreme measures.

conan_edw

Arbiter
Patron
Grab the Codex by the pussy Pathfinder: Wrath
rebooted the system, was worried my save file would get corrupted if I did it during the load screen but everything is working fine now, thanks.

Ravness

Educated
Just picked up the game from GOG, thanks bros. So far I'm really liking the game, I guess Linzi is the player's best friend throughout the game.

kelkorkesis

Novice
Is there anyone in the HatEoT in unfair right now? I need hp of to encounters in there and my save files are busted due to modding.

Haplo

Prophet
Patron
Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire
And I consider Sirocco as best disable spell in this game, which is an evocation.

I am going to keep an eye open for sirocco. However I am not optimistic that it is going to fit my style. Sirocco looks like a spell that needs certain amounts of flexibility in order to be used. My playstyle is exactly the opposite, it is all about team tactics that deal with non-flexible situations. At any rate, I will definitely give it a shot.

Yeah, Sirocco is pretty annoying if you don't run a caster/ranged party.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom