Official Codex Discord Server

1. Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.
    Dismiss Notice

Pathfinder Pathfinder: Kingmaker - Enhanced Edition - now with turn-based combat

Discussion in 'Owlcat Games' started by Elex, Nov 20, 2018.

1. onemananadhisdroid Augur

onemananadhisdroid
    Can the TB mod be included into running saves? Can you un-install it again if you don't like the overall experience?

I was in parts put off how busy the Combat on this could be. Too much resolved at once, in particular on the higher levels (true to the source rules, mind). There's multiple attack rolls, saving throws, checks on concealment (only to be followed on the Combat log), concentration checks, and so much more. Forget about the feedback clutter. This is game-inherent. However, I'm cautious as to the combat encounters. Any real-time /with pause game tries to stretch the playtime with added trash mobs, and this is no different.

• Yes Yes x 2
    ^ Top  
  2. Jinn Arcane

Jinn
    You can install it mid game. You won't have any real reason to uninstall it though, because you can toggle RTwP and Turn-based modes in game with the command alt+T.

As people including myself have said, we will often times toggle off turn-based mode if we're coming up against a lot of trash mobs, then turn it on again during more interesting encounters.

• Thanks! Thanks! x 1
    • Interesting Interesting x 1
    ^ Top  
  3. Delterius Prestigious Gentleman Arcane

Delterius
    • Brofist Brofist x 1
    ^ Top  
  4. Pink Eye Monk Patron

Pink Eye
    Pathfinder: Kingmaker
    • Yes Yes x 1
    ^ Top  
  5. Delterius Prestigious Gentleman Arcane

Delterius
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
    • Yes Yes x 1
    ^ Top  
  6. Sykar Arcane

Sykar
    Alternatively press "y".

• Informative Informative x 1
    ^ Top  
  7. Yosharian Cipher

Yosharian
    Vomit Swarm is available to Alchemists, too

just saying

^ Top  
  8. Zboj Lamignat Arcane

Zboj Lamignat
    What? That was already available previously, at least during the previous big steam sale for sure.

^ Top  
  9. Yosharian Cipher

Yosharian
    The Royal Ascension DLC is just a bonus DLC available to those who purchase the Imperial Edition bundle. It just contains some special stuff:

^ Top  
  10. Zboj Lamignat Arcane

Zboj Lamignat
    Yeah, I know. And it's not new. I bought it last sale to give poor russians more potato to spawn more kingmakers.

• incline incline x 2
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
    ^ Top  
  11. razvedchiki Liturgist

razvedchiki
    By the way owlcat gets its cut from the game sales in euro or in rubles(from sales outside russia)?cause if its in euro they may be doing quite well financialy.

^ Top  
  12. Delterius Prestigious Gentleman Arcane

Delterius
    bitcoin

• Participation Award Participation Award x 1
    ^ Top  
  13. Trashos Arcane

Trashos
    My 2nd playthrough is as a disabler Wizard. I started as a Universalist, but Universalist sucks and I restarted as an Enchanter. Opposition schools are Divination (LOL) and Abjuration. Abjuration duties are going to be covered by Harrim and Jubilost.

So, I will be focusing on Enchantment for targeting Will, and Necromancy for targeting Fortitude. The Illusion school is probably going to be helpful against late game enemies (Phantasmal Killer/Weird targeting both Will & Fortitude), but we will see if I can spare the feats to specialize in it.

I am not sure what to specialize in for targeting Reflexes. Conjuration may be good for the awesome Chains of Light, but it is only one spell. Transmutation has Web & Obsidian Flow, but such spells are irritating, as they affect my party too. Evocation generally targets Reflexes, but it is mostly for nuking, not disabling. Icy Prison is a disabling spell though.

I may go Evocation for Reflexes or I will live it completely to Jubilost to deal with Reflex-challenged enemies. Let me know if I am missing some good Reflex-targeting spell.

^ Top  
  14. VentilatorOfDoom RPG Codex Staff

VentilatorOfDoom
    Grease and Stinking cloud are 2 of the best control spells and are conjuration. Glitterdust too

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Yes Yes x 1
    ^ Top  
  15. Trashos Arcane

Trashos
    Grease works like Web, right? Meaning that the ground is going to be unavailable for my party too. I do not like these spells, they are annoying.

Stinking Cloud looks like cheese due to the way Delay Poison works, so I will probably be staying away from it. Still, that is legit good info, I am not complaining.

Glitterdust is good and I am using it, but it targets Will and I am overloaded with spells that target Will. I need to figure out how to target Reflexes properly. That said, between Glitterdust and Chains of Light Conjuration may indeed be a decent 3rd school for my needs.

^ Top  
  16. Haplo Cipher Patron

Haplo
    Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire
    Not like Web. The aoe is much smaller and the duration is 10x shorter. Much less annoying.
    Plus if you aim it well and park your melees just outside the radius, they will get Attacks of Opportunity on enemies that try to get back up.

• Yes Yes x 1
    ^ Top  
  17. LannTheStupid Товарищ Patron

LannTheStupid
    I think to come to this conclusion one must have his own interpretaion of the words "veteran", "crpg", and "player".

• Agree Agree x 2
    ^ Top  
  18. LannTheStupid Товарищ Patron

LannTheStupid
    What about the combat log and enemy info on 'Y'?

^ Top  
  19. razvedchiki Liturgist

razvedchiki
    eldritch arcana mod adds a spell like abliity that allows you to cancel aoe spells you have casted.

^ Top  
  20. deuxhero Arcane

deuxhero
    One of my favorite combos was having an abberant bloodrager (who is immune to nauseated) in a stinking cloud smashing the enemies who were getting intimidated and taking penalties to their follow up saves in return. Even if the AI was smart enough to leave the cloud (it is not), they'd eat AoOs for doing so.

^ Top  
  21. razvedchiki Liturgist

razvedchiki
    you use call of the wild?

^ Top  
  22. LannTheStupid Товарищ Patron

LannTheStupid
    Also, I wonder if the people who use Steam statistics as the foundation of their bragging rights know about GOG users with the Galaxy client, GOG users without the client, and torrent "buyers"? How well does Steam statistics work for them?

^ Top  
  23. Fedora Master Arcane Patron

Fedora Master
    Didn't exist at the time.

^ Top  
  24. Pink Eye Monk Patron

Pink Eye
    I don't remember, was it the EE version or one of the patches that brought that feature?

^ Top  
  25. Fedora Master Arcane Patron

Fedora Master
    It must have been right before the EE or so.
    At any rate, my point was that you should be able to talk to the Wild Hunt, at least on a few occasions, because they aren't Int 3 critters. The game did a good job of allowing for skill tests in the chapter RIGHT before it after all.

^ Top  

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.