Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Pathfinder Pathfinder: Kingmaker - Enhanced Plus Edition - now with turn-based combat

jackofshadows

Magister
Holy fuck, you mean there're some crazy group checks for that?

LannTheStupid

Товарищ
Patron
Pathfinder: Wrath
Holy fuck, you mean there're some crazy group checks for that?
Every perception check is done for all the party members, but only once. If no one passes it then the next attempt is on the next level or with a different party. And there is (almost) no way to know that a perception check failed. You just do not know what was there.

Thus, as many as possible characters should have as high as possible perception. The rolls are independent, so the more characters have high enough perception the more likely the party will see something.

jackofshadows

Magister
Thanks. That's... kinda crazy tho. I mean, there's must be reason for a season players stack this particular skill so hard, or simply for overall loot consistency?

LannTheStupid

Товарищ
Patron
Loot, story, puzzles. in Varnhold's Lot DLC there is a very nice detective story where perception really helps (as well as other 3-5 skills).

The guys at Owlcat have no fear of gating some of the content behind skill checks. Which is both brilliant and extremely rare nowadays.

Desiderius

Found your egg, Robinett, you sneaky bastard
Patron
Insert Title Here Pathfinder: Wrath
Every skill is essential for success, with the possible exception of use Magic Device.

If you can get a toon high enough on Perception (or any skill) then you don’t have to worry about bad rng. Since Inquisitors get Perception for free with levels and it’s a WIS skill she’s a good candidate.

I didn’t really need it to find the Tomb in that chapter since I did the research in KM and passed a tough Athletic check that gives you a clue, but I wasn’t taking any chances and there a couple decent EXP Perception checks in the Tomb and very good items gated behind high ones.

Desiderius

Patron
Displacement gives an attack advantage. Let Jub put Echolocation on Ekun and Okbo and they’ll take ‘em down easy.

Desiderius

Patron
If your Cleric has Archon’s Aura up he’ll spawn with -2 everything. Otherwise you can use Mirror Image or Dlsplacement yourself to cut down crits. Buffs like Aid, False Life, and Inspire Greatness will keep you from getting one shot.

Anthedon

Arcane
Patron
Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire
I have another achievement question, how do you get the Sinmarket fey merchant to adore you?

Xamenos

Magister
Patron
I have another achievement question, how do you get the Sinmarket fey merchant to adore you?
When you meet her outside Nyrissa's funhouse she sells an expensive useless item. Buy it. When next she shows up at the camp she'll sell an even more expensive useless item. Buy that too. It's 1.8 mil for the both of them, iirc.

LannTheStupid

Товарищ
Patron
I've just realized that path finding in Pathfinder: Kingmaker is amazing. Sure, it is not good in small or cramped places (like in fights), but on maps it's the best path finding I've ever seen. Especially when you have to split the party as in Sepulchre of Forgotten Heroes. The party members find their way even with the doors opening and closing.

Desiderius

Patron
Off to redeem Armag and loot his Tomb clean

Linz13Diplo.jpg

Linzi easily recruits the Barbs outside to attack the Defaced Sister and picks up a nice chunk of EXP
Jae13Inqcrit.jpg

Literally Jae's first shot since her first companion quest eight levels ago. One shots the Sis.

She's just straight-up Inquisitor 13 with the ranged Feats so I don't have to fool with healing her (which she does herself fine as long as you take the Inflict spells). Once the Judgements start to snowball and she gets Greater Bane Weapon she drops the hammer.

Jae13Inqowning Devourer.jpg

This one's just a work of art. Linzi opens with the Dispel so Val's Mirror Images work and Jae burns him down before he gets his second attack in.
Jae13InqSecretDoors.jpg

Here's why she's here - finding all the doors guaranteed.
MC Grenadier15trickery.jpg

The reward for beating the Devourer. So good on ranged toons. Tristian is along mostly to make sure MC doesn't fail on any locks.
ArmagBonesBeast.jpg

One of the tougher foes in the Tomb on Unfair, still doing consistent damage thanks to Val's Claws and Amiri's Hammer doing Bludgeoning. Amiri is lucky to be alive. She's not supposed to be tanking.

Tristian13clericcritrange.jpg

Tristian spend most of his time fighting since he's got a sweet 15-20 x3 crit range on Serpent Prince. Looks like I let Haste run out though. Get's a good many big AoOs in even when casting. Once he hits Frightful Aspect next level he'll start dominating. Mc has to cast Echolocation on him to make up for his permanent Blindness.

MCGrenadierHoggingTirckeryExperience.jpg

Turned on "only skill user gets EXP" so I can get enough to hit 20 by House. Now about 500K ahead of everyone else.
MCGrenadier15DeadlyAimdamageonbombs.jpg

Took Deadly Aim for lvl 15 Feat and looks like it's working with Bombs. Maybe I should have taken earlier.

Armag Loot.jpg

Some of the Loot you can find with good skillz
MoreArmag Loot.jpg

And some more.

Desiderius

Patron
The big moment

Linzi13Bigskillcheck.jpg

That 61K is shared with everyone this time, getting everyone up to lvl 14 for the big fight. Should have had Greater Heroism here to clinch it.

Valfey14CreepingDoom.jpg

Time for Val to go Legendary, and for Creeping Doom to make an appearance.
LinziBard13Sorc1HoldonArmag.jpg

Linzi's Sorc Level for Fey Bloodline (+2 DC on Compulsions) pays off, then Val's Vinetrap and Tristian's Chains of Light both whiff at 70% chance to hit.
Jae14Inqonarmag.jpg

But off course it's enough, and soon we're Blood Brothers and Armag's guarding the West flank of my Kingdom.

Anthedon

Arcane
Patron
Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire
Is anyone here using the Cleaner and/or NoHistory mods and can confirm if they do help with save times?

Old Hans

Arcane
I started playing this as a paladin and let me tell you guys I don't like paladins. I made it to level 9 before I said "fuck paladins" then I flipped off my dog

Desiderius

Patron
Paladins will own in Wrath.

Next time you're having trouble we can give you some advice about how to enjoy a class. Paladin especially is a class whose benefits build up over time so won't feel so great until Divine Weapon Bond bonuses start to add up around midgame.

Üstad

Arcane
I recently got the game, created a pure scale fist monk level 6 and I have questions:

I have leg sweep but it seems to never trip monster or humans can you guys help me with that?

Also is there a good place to grind before I go for stag lord? I have finished all side quests that I can do. I still have around 60 days and want to spend it to grinding.

For future chapters, how to tell how much time left exacty?

As for ki power: extra attack seems to work even for other weapons, is this a bug or intended?

I enjoy complex rules and mechanics but got overwhelmed a bit, does the game some kind of library mod? I still can't even tell what fortitude negate, reflex half etc. means. Not to mention lots of shit is tied to hit dice and I can't tell how to figure out who is what hit dice is.

Desiderius

Patron
There is no grinding.

Waste his sorry ass and get on with life.

Trip is a Combat Maneuver. If you mouse over your combat log it will tell you what your roll was and what the defender's roll was. CMs use your attack bonus so things that help that (STR for monk, Bard songs, spells like Heroism, etc...) or hurt your opponent (Blind, Shaken, Archon's Aura from Cleric) will help you land. Enlarge Person gives you both Strength and size. There are several feats that help Trip specifically like Fury's Fall and Tandem Trip. Melee toons tend to have high CMD (defense) so monks are best to take out casters or archers, at least early game.

The Ancient Curse is the only timer, you'll see it in your quest log.

Fortitude negate means that if the mob makes a Fortitude save the spell/agility will have no effect. Stunning Fist will not stun the mob. Casters/archers tend to have poor Fortitude so target them with those effects.

Reflex half means the mob takes half damage if they make their Reflex save. If the mob has evasion he'll take no damage.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom