Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Pathfinder Pathfinder: Kingmaker - Enhanced Plus Edition - now with turn-based combat

TemplarGR

Dumbfuck!
Dumbfuck Bethestard
There are no better spiritual successor to the IE games at the moment.

This is not a spiritual successor. This is just a clone/remake of a 22 year old video game. Spiritual successors usually take advantage of modern technology and gameplay innovations. Remakes just remake the old thing with a new skin.

Darko

Educated
To be fair, the game might be a bit of an acquired taste. I only started enjoying it after 10-15 hours, not everyone would be so stubborn.

Efe

Erudite
Erikkolai
Amiri: is an iconic character which are "Official Paizo" characters that represent each class.
Nobody can change her backstory, but if you look at how her story plays out you will see its not like what it seems at first. Desiderius actually told you this but you seem to repeat yourself.
Ekundayo: doesnt talk much. he sounds emo to you because its a character with a dead family and no friends but hes not whiny at any point. actually quite ruthless.
jubilost: Lets talk after you recruit him.
regongar: would actually fuck you while his wife watches but w/e
Valerie: It is a fucking fantasy game and i dont get how you can tell shes a "stick figure" considering shes always in full plate? Theres literally 3 body sizes in-game. not much room to represent "figures". Not every game has abby from last of us.
tristian: play and see
linzi: i dont like her either so w/e
nok-nok: is comic relief but is not just that. also has a sensible story.

TL;DR just read this message again:
It’s a set-up/intended to get past the censors. Rest of game subverts it.

MuckMan

Learned
Has anyone played around with the Mystic Theurge?
I am currently building Tristian this way, with an wisdom Sorceror, I know not the best choice but still. Seems like a cool prestige class and if you choose Druid/Cleric and Wizard you could get to lvl 9 spells in one and level 7 spells in the other.

Desiderius

Found your egg, Robinett, you sneaky bastard
Patron
Insert Title Here Pathfinder: Wrath
Looks like you'll never find out. Some men you just can't reach.

Yeah this is the lie drug pushers tell to drug addicts to convince them to keep taking the drug "it is better the more you take it, and the ending (your death) is so sweet". No, i am good, i have already witnessed what it has to offer.

As a point of fact, you haven't and have told us so.

I'm somewhat sympathetic to your general approach in that I take it you're rebelling against inane gamejourno wokel boosterism. I've also written about some of the mistakes Owlcat made in their approach to the early game. I take it you probably share some of those concerns though your writing style is so off-putting it's not worth making myself aware of what your concerns actually are.

I'm just saying to others reading that the general experience of those who make it to Ch. 2 is nearly the opposite of those who quit early.

Technomancer

Liturgist
Ekundayo doesn't actually sound that bad. But he seems very emo, and has the typical cliché backstory ("monsters killed my family and I'm out for vengeance"). Probably my 3rd choice (but unlikely to mix well with Harrim & Jaethal).
Ekun is less emo than Harrim actually, he is a strong silent type. Harrim on the other hand whines about everything.

Desiderius

Patron
Pick the best companions for each chapter and listen to music instead of the voices.

That's what I do.

Erikkolai

Learned
I'm tempted to trust Desiderius, look past my 1st impressions, and try out the game this summer. Mostly because I can't find anything else to play, and because the character creation system gives me a bit of a boner.

The polyamorous orc-fucking Felicia Day, and the disgustingly cute Linzi kid, will likely remain consigned to my companion trash bin though. But I'll keep an open mind about the other ones.

One potentially dealbreaking question remains...

Was TemplarGR right that the main plot is to obtain a MacGuffin which helps a nymph slut spread her legs again?

Ghulgothas

Arcane
I'm tempted to trust Desiderius, look past my 1st impressions, and try out the game this summer. Mostly because I can't find anything else to play, and because the character creation system gives me a bit of a boner.

The polyamorous orc-fucking Felicia Day, and the disgustingly cute Linzi kid, will likely remain consigned to my companion trash bin though. But I'll keep an open mind about the other ones.

One potentially dealbreaking question remains...

Was TemplarGR right that the main plot is to obtain a MacGuffin which helps a nymph slut spread her legs again?
I mean... if you're gamer enough to go through all the grueling, arduous trials necessary to earn the right to toss some salad...

Then yes! But it's really just bragging-rights crap. There's better than her anyhow.

Technomancer

Liturgist
Does it? I remember him constantly having the same items available.

I've counted at least 3 different item lists he has available, but items in lists are always the same. What I am not sure about, is whether they are selected at random or depending on current chapter.
Is there any chapter restriction for him to spawn? I remember seeing him only past chapter 3.

Serus

Arcane
Patron
There are no better spiritual successor to the IE games at the moment.

This is not a spiritual successor. This is just a clone/remake of a 22 year old video game. Spiritual successors usually take advantage of modern technology and gameplay innovations. Remakes just remake the old thing with a new skin.
Since i have doubt about this part of your posting - maybe you are serious here. So i will ask:
What exactly is this "modern technology" you talk about? Tech that is available circa 2020 but wasn't available around when Infinity Engine games were made 20 years earlier. Also it has be a relevant tech and one used in any "modern" CRPGs in practice, at that.

I took a troll's bait but what the hell. I want to hear a troll's answer to that question.

Desiderius

Patron
koala.png
what? x 1
Serus

Little Vladdie was the seller, not the buyer.

Desiderius

Patron
the disgustingly cute Linzi kid

Game's harder without a Bard. As I said, I turn down the sound. At least she's an accurate depiction of a teenage girl, unlike Western games which pedestalize them.

You can just make Val a Bard and she can still tank, probably even better due to Mirror Image.

Desiderius

Patron
Has anyone played around with the Mystic Theurge?
I am currently building Tristian this way, with an wisdom Sorceror, I know not the best choice but still. Seems like a cool prestige class and if you choose Druid/Cleric and Wizard you could get to lvl 9 spells in one and level 7 spells in the other.

Yes, it's very fun but can be a challenge to overcome your lower caster level in each. I'm playing him as a Cleric/Ranger/Hinterlander on CotW and enjoying it. He's a late bloomer however you play him.

Erikkolai

Learned
the disgustingly cute Linzi kid

Game's harder without a Bard. As I said, I turn down the sound. At least she's an accurate depiction of a teenage girl, unlike Western games which pedestalize them.

You can just make Val a Bard and she can still tank, probably even better due to Mirror Image.

Fucking minstrels are the best tanks in this game?

I've just started downloading it...

:despair:

I guess I'll play hard mode without bard tanks... it'll work out...

Desiderius

Patron
I guess I'll play hard mode without bard tanks... it'll work out...

Why does everyone want to jump to ridiculous conclusions before they even play the fucking game?

If that's your jam this game is not for you. Especially if you're the Hurr, durr I'll start on Hard type.

You'll be back in a week bitching about the unbeatable skull.

LannTheStupid

Товарищ
Patron
Pathfinder: Wrath
This game is SJW trash that destroys the noble heritage of Baldur's Gate. There are 2 stronk wymin and one polyamorous Felicia Day. There is a bi-sexual half-orc who can sleep with the main chcracter. The affirmative action is executed by adding a black person and a Jewish scientist. In the best vegan tradition the main character can marry their salad. The racial prejudice is depicted by someone who sold their soul to the Devil to become white.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom