Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Pathfinder Pathfinder: Kingmaker - Enhanced Plus Edition - now with turn-based combat

Sarathiour

Cipher
Has anyone played around with the Mystic Theurge?
I am currently building Tristian this way, with an wisdom Sorceror, I know not the best choice but still. Seems like a cool prestige class and if you choose Druid/Cleric and Wizard you could get to lvl 9 spells in one and level 7 spells in the other.

Yes it's a cool build, obviously a bit micro heavy with all those spell.
Main drawback is lagging behind pure cleric by two circle for most of a game, wich can be espcially annoying during chapter 2 and 3 : you're missing resist, protect energy, delay poison, raise dead ...
I usually keep out of my party until chapter 4, so around level 10-11.

So you're too lazy to educate yourself on the time value of money?

You'd have to spend 2000 BP before the buildings are more expensive (net of the 500 BP you get up front) by which time you're swimming in cash and buildings are sadly irrelevant. You can even spam two settlements worth of buildings before the penalty kicks in, so it's even more advantageous.

Besides, for a lousy 50 BP, you can later fix the price, so it's an obvious pick.

Raghar

Arcane
Vatnik
Is this another Porky who will spam this thread with his ... unorthodox ideas about this game?

Unorthodox? I've absorbed the collective wisdom of this thread, and the existence of a bard tank gravely offends me. Images of a flamboyant flute-playing fag, dancing up towards the Gates of Mordor to handle the aggro, violates my mind.

A nice example of a bard dancing towards xxx and drawing aggro. Just give him a sword and he'd be all set.

Was booting my computer about a week ago and the motherboard died, quite conclusively. I was looking to update in the near future anyway, so having my hand forced wasn't unwelcome. I was marking good progress to finally finishing this game, and am annoyed about the disruption. What soothes me, is that my new system should have >4x the performance, all things considered. Picking hardware was difficult, as a fair amount has changed in the past 5 years. There is also a moderate world-wide shortage of PC components with all of this CV1984 lock-down farce. It caused me to purchase higher performance hardware than I originally intended, but it will be fun to tune it up.

Desiderius Is it better to spam shrines and monuments in the capital or just shrines?

I checkered them, alternating so that Shrines are adjacent to Monuments. This maximizes the Divine bonus you need to rush the Arcane Advisor, while still getting some community, per BP.
SSSM
SMSS
SSMS
MSSS

On a 4x4 grid, this will give you 22 Divine, 4 Community, 4 Loyalty for 480 BP. If you were to do just Shrines, you'd get 16 Divine for 400 BP. You can then convert the Monuments to Herbalist Houses for 8 Arcane for only 80 BP. Two settlements like this and you'll have Teleportation Circles in no time.

*Numbers Corrected. Thanks Desiderius.

Last edited:

Desiderius

Found your egg, Robinett, you sneaky bastard
Patron
Insert Title Here Pathfinder: Wrath
no, it's not +1 div per monument

it's just +1 divine if you have one.

Desiderius

Patron
cross in capital and first two villages shld be plenty. Can get away with just one village if lucky. Make sure you get the free shrine.

amurath

Educated
cross in capital and first two villages shld be plenty. Can get away with just one village if lucky. Make sure you get the free shrine.
I agree, you don't need to fill up your capital with shrines at the very beginning. I would at least leave room for stocks and a bulletin board, depending on alignment. A longhouse is also nice.

One thing I'm curious about is where you guys place your villages? As close to the capital as possible or strategically spread them around to minimize travel time? I think putting a settlement at the far end of Silverstep and close to the Depths makes sense.

Desiderius

Patron
You can’t afford more than four shrines per settlement because price goes up fast for duplicates. I go for windmill, brewery, granary combo to unlock Relations-> Aviaries as well.

Desiderius

Patron
Settlement placement is tricky. I used to put first few close to cap and that may be best. Need one near Depths and one near Verdant and this time I’m trying one near Swamp Witch and holding off on some quests until Circles.

Definitely want to save up Oleg quests to do multiples together. Town in Silverstep for Aviary is a must. If you can get it on Far East edge will save a ton of travel time.

Darko

Educated
Western corner for Glenebon, it's really close to Pitax, Reg's quest and final area.
Btw. villages can only be placed on crossroads that you explored.

It's funny how the dragon lair can be seen from miles away if your perception is high enough.
b854WaL.jpg

One thing I'm curious about is where you guys place your villages? As close to the capital as possible or strategically spread them around to minimize travel time? I think putting a settlement at the far end of Silverstep and close to the Depths makes sense.

Silverstep: As Far East as possible.
Northern Nalmarches: as close to megadungeon on the west side.
Southern Nalmarches: Near the witch hut
Kamelands: Near the secluded lodge
Outskirts: Slightly southwest of the trade post on the edge of the woods.
Glenborn: by the prism temple
Dire Nalmarches: West, but doesn’t matter much

That’s as far as I’ve gotten. Not sure about the other regions.

gurugeorge

Arcane
Patron
Strap Yourselves In
Since i have doubt about this part of your posting - maybe you are serious here. So i will ask:
What exactly is this "modern technology" you talk about? Tech that is available circa 2020 but wasn't available around when Infinity Engine games were made 20 years earlier. Also it has be a relevant tech and one used in any "modern" CRPGs in practice, at that.

I took a troll's bait but what the hell. I want to hear a troll's answer to that question.

It is pretty simple, really. In 2020 vidya games look like this:

So any proper CRPG should have similar production values. I would gladly play a Baldur's Gate successor in first person view (like Skyrim) but with companions (like Mass Effect or The Outer Worlds). THAT would be a proper spiritual successor.

Actually I want my CRPGs to have the option to play 1st, 3rd or top-down, at will. The tech is up to the task these days.

Pink Eye

Monk
Patron
I'm very into cock and ball torture
Freebooter's bane (1) + Freebooter's bond(2) + Outflank(2) + Flanking(2) + BAB(5) + Weapon Focus(1) = HUGE ATTACK BONUSES! And that is before we factor in other bonuses such as strength!
to0kMS9.png

Last edited:

Desiderius

Patron
Freebooter's bane (1) + Freebooter's bond(2) + Outflank(2) + Flanking(2) + BAB(5) + Weapon Focus(1) = HUGE ATTACK BONUSES! And that is before we factor in other bonuses such as strength!
to0kMS9.png

Stunned is the condition of champions. It really does it all. Good idea to stagger that Leopard with Frigid Touch since he has five attax.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom