Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Pathfinder Pathfinder: Kingmaker - Enhanced Plus Edition - now with turn-based combat

LannTheStupid

Товарищ
Patron
Pathfinder: Wrath
Gangrelrumbler why do you need to ever turn AI off when you can switch to ranged weapons instead?

Also, about choices: most of prestigious gentlebeings here consider the "True" and the best Jaethal ending the one which is, apparently, evil. And for some other companions "Evil" ending gives more useful stuff.

For Linzi I might agree. But I like the outcome for her anyway.

RPG Wokedex Strap Yourselves In
why do you need to ever turn AI off when you can switch to ranged weapons instead?

Wouldn't it just replace switching AI on and off with switching weapon sets back and forth. Also it's still a workaround for AI not being very helpfun. I'm pretty sure (though I might be misremembering) that you could do that with scripts in BG2, make the AI attack only near enemies or or something like that. Not to mention I'd expect AI in a modern game to be able to at least try to go around traps and AOE effects without me having to walk it through step-by-step. That also applies to enemies.
Speaking about AI there is another thing. How come nobody ever tries to dispel the party. My go-to strategy for every major battle was to go ridiculously overbuffed. I remember Icewind Dale enemies dispelling my dudes back in 2000. What happened to that?

Also, about choices: most of prestigious gentlebeings here consider the "True" and the best Jaethal ending the one which is, apparently, evil. And for some other companions "Evil" ending gives more useful stuff.

From what I understand that's the only ending that gives you access to all companions at the end. Also there's no penalty to doing that. One cool thing about Jade Empire was that if you wanted to get Death's Hand into your party you had to be evil and needed to kill like half of your previous party members. Kinda disappointing.

For Linzi I might agree. But I like the outcome for her anyway.

I'd prefer it more if it happened after the final battle. Can't say she didn't deserve it for all her IRL shitposting.[/QUOTE]

LannTheStupid

Товарищ
Patron
I'm pretty sure (though I might be misremembering) that you could do that with scripts in BG2
The lack of AI scripting is one major flaw of P: K, I agree. However, the same was true for PoE-I, and I had to switch weapons there. And yes, the party should be able to avoid AoE and traps. Ideally, there should be an option to toggle it on and off, because sometimes large webs could just halt the party altogether.

How come nobody ever tries to dispel the party.
Defaced Sisters do. Dweomercats like to dispell, too. And death is the ultimate dispeller!

From what I understand that's the only ending that gives you access to all companions at the end
If you want to keep one traitor from just punishement then you have to kind of run between trickles of rain, yes. But in general there are more than one way to have a "good" ending.

Look fanboys, hate to break it to ya but Shitmaker is never good. Not in the beginning, not in the middle, not in the end, just utter shiiite throughout. You keep insulting Pooplars of Eternity, but the fact is it's no worse than Shitmaker. We can argue about which of these flavors of shit are better or worse, but they are both equally shit.

You have to be somewhat retarded to even dare to compare this shitfest to Baldur's Gate games. The fucking story basically comes down to this: the ugliest nymph in the history of the world (a nymph so fucking ugly she could only exist in communist Russia) got fucked over by some fairy, so as a result of that, she keeps sending waves of shit at you. Chapter 1, wave 1, Chapter 2 wave 2, and so on. THIS is the fucking story. Mushrooms, trolls, gonorrhea, the bitch keeps busy.

The maps are like 80% utter trash, and only 20% actual maps, so you spend 80% of the game moving on the overworld map back and forth like a retard, dodging quest timer limits and loading screens, just to find a few maps that actually have any real content.

And the combat, 70% trash fights, and 30% pull your hair out frustrating unbalanced bullshit.

Shitmaker is shit. Deal with it.

Lawntoilet

Prophet
Patron
Fanboys getting upset cause the truth hurts...
It's fine to not like the game, I'm an admitted fanboy but I get why people wouldn't like it. toro and Gangrelrumbler did a good job pointing out some of the issues that reasonably could sour or even ruin the game for certain people.

The difference is that you're some kinda autistic retard who's incapable of expressing anything resembling insight or humor about the things you don't like in the game, just the same "I NOT LIEK GAEM IT SHIT" spergery ad nauseum.

Actually I pointed out many things wrong with Shitmaker, but since you are unable to debate those, you focus on the one thing that is on your level, ie shit.

Lawntoilet

Prophet
Patron
Actually I pointed out many things wrong with Shitmaker.

Fine, so here are your "points":
  • "Shitmaker is never good. Not in the beginning, not in the middle, not in the end, just utter shiiite throughout."
  • Can't compare to BG games
  • Don't like the story
  • "Maps are like 80% utter trash, and only 20% actual maps, so you spend 80% of the game moving on the overworld map back and forth like a retard, dodging quest timer limits and loading screens, just to find a few maps that actually have any real content."
  • "Combat, 70% trash fights, and 30% pull your hair out frustrating unbalanced bullshit."
Shitmaker is shit. Deal with it.
  • "Game is never good is always shit" - Like I said, not an actual point, just "GAEM BAD"
  • The game's clearly inspired by BG1&2, has a similar setting, and the broad strokes are similar. There is clearly a comparison to be made, same as there is with Pillars 1.
  • Yes, the story has an antagonist that was the mastermind behind various plots throughout the game. Giving a synopsis of the story and saying "this is literally the story!!" isn't any kind of point. Like you can say "the story in BG1 is LITERALLY that your evil brother put poison in metal!" and it sounds completely retarded but the story in BG1 is fine.
  • Yes, some maps don't have a ton of content. Other maps have more content. There is a bit too much recycling in my opinion, but these maps also tend to be where you find more interesting encounters, so exploration isn't the focus in these areas. "Moving back and forth like a retard" means you are a retard though, since the game's very clear about time limits on things and if you're planning to hit these optional areas you're meant to plan accordingly. Clearly your "80%/20%" isn't an actual statistic though. Also yes loading times were excessive especially at the end of the game.
  • If you were playing on Unfair, you're meant to be "pulling your hair out," hence the name. If you're not a masochist who enjoys that kind of game, but also refused to turn down the difficulty, you're retarded. If you were playing literally any other difficulty, and were still "pulling your hair out" for the entire game then you never got a handle on the system, ie. you're retarded. Again clearly your "70%/30%" isn't an actual statistic, but sure, there are a lot of mobs in the game.
you focus on the one thing that is on your level, ie shit.
Again, stop trying to be witty. You've only got one thing in common with Oscar Wilde, and a facility for wordplay ain't it.

• The game's clearly inspired by BG1&2, has a similar setting, and the broad strokes are similar.

And Elder Scrolls were inspired by Ultima Underworld, while in broad strokes, you are similar to an orangutang. What the fuck is your point?

• Yes, the story has an antagonist that was the mastermind behind various plots throughout the game. Giving a synopsis of the story and saying "this is literally the story!!" isn't any kind of point. Like you can say "the story in BG1 is LITERALLY that your evil brother put poison in metal!" and it sounds completely retarded but the story in BG1 is fine

Let me break it down for you, toiletman. In BG1, you are unravelling an interesting mystery in steps. The iron shortage and bandit attacks, then the corruption in Nashkel mines, then the mage in Beregost, then the more senior mage in the woods, then the Iron Throneand their political games, and finally Sarevok and ascension.

In Shitmaker, it starts with the retardation of nobles inviting level 1 adventurers to become Barons, and by chapter 2 or whatever, it becomes obvious who the villain is, and the whole fucking game she just keeps sending waves of shit at you. Trolls, bloom, other bloom, etc. That's all the writing there is. Do you see the difference now you dolt?

• Yes, some maps don't have a ton of content. Other maps have more content. There is a bit too much recycling in my opinion, but these maps also tend to be where you find more interesting encounters, so exploration isn't the focus in these areas. "Moving back and forth like a retard" means you are a retard though, since the game's very clear about time limits on things and if you're planning to hit these optional areas you're meant to plan accordingly. Clearly your "80%/20%" isn't an actual statistic though. Also yes loading times were excessive especially at the end of the game

Yes it is an actual statistic. You remember I completed the game. If you don't trust me, print out all the maps in the game, and we'll go over them, and I guarantee you the large interesting maps represent 20% or less or the total, because the vast majority of them was tiny shit with a couple of stupid encounters.

And yes, you do have to move back and forth like a retard, because the quest timers are not announced in a clear way, and moreover, as soon you head far from the capital, some fucking emergency comes up for which you need to go back.

• If you were playing on Unfair, you're meant to be "pulling your hair out," hence the name. If you're not a masochist who enjoys that kind of game, but also refused to turn down the difficulty, you're retarded. If you were playing literally any other difficulty, and were still "pulling your hair out" for the entire game then you never got a handle on the system, ie. you're retarded. Again clearly your "70%/30%" isn't an actual statistic, but sure, there are a lot of mobs in the game.

I played on Challenging, you nitwit, and since there is no Normal difficulty in Shitmaker (yet another retarded design decision), that's the lowest difficulty you can go without being easier than normal, and yet, it already features mobs with inflated stats, which makes some fights unnecessarily difficult, especially if you are just playing for fun and are not a munchkin.
Again, stop trying to be witty. You've only got one thing in common with Oscar Wilde, and a facility for wordplay ain't it.

Sounds like that one really hit home, eh sparky?

Lawntoilet

Prophet
Patron
  • The game's clearly inspired by BG1&2, has a similar setting, and the broad strokes are similar.

And Elder Scrolls were inspired by Ultima Underworld, while in broad strokes, you are similar to an orangutang. What the fuck is your point?

The games are clearly more similar than that. I'd tell you not to be disingenuous but that's your whole MO.

Let me break it down for you, toiletman. In BG1, you are unravelling an interesting mystery in steps. The iron shortage and bandit attacks, then the corruption in Nashkel mines, then the mage in Beregost, then the more senior mage in the woods, then the Iron Throneand their political games, and finally Sarevok and ascension.

In Shitmaker, it starts with the retardation of nobles inviting level 1 adventurers to become Barons, and by chapter 2 or whatever, it becomes obvious who the villain is, and the whole fucking game she just keeps sending waves of shit at you. Trolls, bloom, other bloom, etc. That's all the writing there is. Do you see the difference now you dolt?
Still disingenuous, every chapter has an inciting incident, some sort of mystery associated with it (like what is going on with the Bloom infection, what happened to Varnhold, etc.).
Yes it is an actual statistic. You remember I completed the game. If you don't trust me, print out all the maps in the game, and we'll go over them, and I guarantee you the large interesting maps represent 20% or less or the total, because the vast majority of them was tiny shit with a couple of stupid encounters.
You crunch the numbers, you're the one making the claim. You don't spend "80%" of your time on the overworld map unless you're intentionally doing so.
And yes, you do have to move back and forth like a retard, because the quest timers are not announced in a clear way, and moreover, as soon you head far from the capital, some fucking emergency comes up for which you need to go back.
They absolutely are clear unless you're a total brainlet, so like I said, you only have to move back and forth like a retard if you actually are a retard. Being conscious of time constraints just means you have to plan your outings to hit as many spots in a region of the map as possible.

I played on Challenging, you nitwit, and since there is no Normal difficulty in Shitmaker (yet another retarded design decision), that's the lowest difficulty you can go without being easier than normal,
Why would I give a shit what difficulty level you played at? The point is that it was clearly more difficulty than you enjoy, which is why you're so perpetually butthurt about munchkins and stat inflation.
The difficulty is completely modular and customizable so you have only yourself to blame for being frustrated with it.

and yet, it already features mobs with inflated stats, which makes some fights unnecessarily difficult, especially if you are just playing for fun and are not a munchkin.
If the game is so "unnecessarily difficult" that you can no longer "play for fun" then turn the difficulty down. If your ego can't handle that, git gud.
Sounds like that one really hit home, eh sparky?
"He said I wasn't funny but I KNOW I'm really funny so, so he must be butthurt and projecting!"
PorkytheWojak:
2f7.jpg

The games are clearly more similar than that. I'd tell you not to be disingenuous but that's your whole MO.

Apparently your MO is not understanding that every fucking fantasy iso rpg is similar in some way and thus this doesn't mean anything, just like the rest of your silly arguments.

Still disingenuous, every chapter has an inciting incident, some sort of mystery associated with it (like what is going on with the Bloom infection, what happened to Varnhold, etc.).

Inciting incident?

Do you really not see the difference between game A, where there is an actual mystery about what's going on, and game B, where you KNOW what's going on exactly and just some low level details differ (oh maybe this time Nyrissa sent the bloom via somebody's hemorrhoids vs their vagina!)? I mean come on, even I don't think you are that stupid.

They absolutely are clear unless you're a total brainlet, so like I said, you only have to move back and forth like a retard if you actually are a retard. Being conscious of time constraints just means you have to plan your outings to hit as many spots in a region of the map as possible.

Talking about being disingenuous, there are pages and pages online complaining about hidden or unclear timers in Shitmaker, but keep lying, Sparky.

Waaa, waaaa you need to git gud, oh wait you beat this game on Challenging like 0.9% of people who played it? Well, uhhh, you need to git gud anyway.

Your Oscar Wilde wit rapiered my ass until the world became a Portrait of Dorian Gay.

Lawntoilet

Prophet
Patron
Yes, there are similarities between all party-based D&D-style fantasy isometric RPGs. The point is that these similarities are more pronounced between Kingmaker (and PoE1) and BG than most.
Do you really not see the difference between game A, where there is an actual mystery about what's going on, and game B, where you KNOW what's going on exactly and just some low level details differ (oh maybe this time Nyrissa sent the bloom via somebody's hemorrhoids vs their vagina!)? I mean come on, even I don't think you are that stupid.
Sure you know Nyrissa is behind everything (or at least you think that) for most of the game, but you still have to figure out the causes of the problem in each chapter, who is working for Nyrissa, etc. It's not like BG2 was ruined because you knew Irenicus was the main antagonist early on.

Talking about being disingenuous, there are pages and pages online complaining about hidden or unclear timers in Shitmaker, but keep lying, Sparky.
Retards complain about the timer in Fallout being hidden or unclear too, lots of people don't like them. I beat the game and followed their progression just fine.
What's with the "Sparky" shit? Been watching a lot of Farscape?

Waaa, waaaa you need to git gud, oh wait you beat this game on Challenging like 0.9% of people who played it? Well, uhhh, you need to git gud anyway.
You're the one talking about how you were "pulling your hair out" so clearly it was more difficult than what you enjoy playing, the fact remains that difficulty is extremely customizable in KM so this complaint is really retarded.

Your Oscar Wilde wit rapiered my ass until the world became a Portrait of Dorian Gay.
I mean this non-sequitur kind of has the structure of a joke, so good try I guess.

Last edited:

LannTheStupid

Товарищ
Patron
Sure you know Nyrissa is behind everything (or at least you think that) for most of the game
Do you, though?

In the first chapter she is actually helpful and shows what's where. Then there is the "reward" where she goes full pink haired ecowarrior. Then the whole Bloom debacle and interesting visions in the First World. Then we're dealing with the greatest mage ever who for some reason just can't let go of one small trinket. And only while chasing one particular traitor you're starting to see something more, but then even her closest... beings do not undestand what's happened to her. And the true culprit is revealed even later.

For me it's a very good story and progression. Much better then "remember you were killed by wolves 29 times? That's because you're a demigod."

mediocrepoet

Philosoraptor in Residence
Patron
Codex 2012 Codex+ Now Streaming! MCA Project: Eternity Divinity: Original Sin 2
@infinishill Can we rename the guy to porky the retard please
"Porkshit the palashit" is more in keeping with his whole ethos of calling everything shit but this works too

I humbly submit "ShitshitTheShitshitshit" for consideration. It's about what I got out of reading the same banal garbage that was being vomited onto the Codex a year ago.

The only thing worse than being a moron is being boring.

mediocrepoet

Philosoraptor in Residence
Patron
Codex 2012 Codex+ Now Streaming! MCA Project: Eternity Divinity: Original Sin 2
So otherwise, does the official TB mode look like it'll be better than the mod? Last I recall reading, people didn't seem to think so and I haven't had a chance to try it out.

I'm mostly hoping they fix the janky pathfinding for things like charge. Running back and forth eating AoOs and sometimes running out of movement before reaching the target even when there appeared to be a straight path available was one of the few things that really ground my gears when playing with the TB mod.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom