Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Pathfinder Pathfinder: Kingmaker - Enhanced Plus Edition - now with turn-based combat

Xamenos

Magister
Patron
Pathfinder: Wrath
there is no Normal difficulty in Shitmaker (yet another retarded design decision).
Md2TVPA.png

The fuck?

Lawntoilet

Prophet
Patron
Sure you know Nyrissa is behind everything (or at least you think that) for most of the game
Do you, though?
Well you learn she was behind the Stag Lord fairly early on, she tries to tell you he went rogue but that is pretty much proven to be bullshit when she asks you out on a date and tries to kill you. Yes it's more ambiguous for the next couple of chapters, but I'd say that it is pretty clear for more than half the game.

The only thing worse than being a moron is being boring.
From your lips to God's ears, pal.

there is no Normal difficulty in Shitmaker (yet another retarded design decision).
Md2TVPA.png

The fuck?
"Normal" is not the same as just "PnP rules" in KM, maybe that's what he meant. Of course if that's what you mean then you should say so, and if that's the difficulty level you want then you can get it easily by customizing your difficulty settings, but it does kinda make sense that "Core/PnP rules" should be a default setting (like it is in WotR).
But again the fact that you can customize every parameter individually (including stat inflation) means that anyone complaining about KM's difficulty settings is just the author of their own misery (as you'd expect from someone who spent probably 100 hours completing a game they hated, and another 2000 hours sperging about how "IT SHIT").

Last edited:

InD_ImaginE

Arcane
Patron
Any "Core/PnP rules" should include mandatory Ironman AKA "Last Azlanti". There is no save/load at the table.

Or just make customizable difficulty like now.

I am at the point in life that I will avoid playing ironman in non roguelikes. I have better use of my time than replaying video games senselessly just because I got wiped.

Erikkolai

Learned
Sure you know Nyrissa is behind everything (or at least you think that) for most of the game
Do you, though?
Well you learn she was behind the Stag Lord fairly early on, she tries to tell you he went rogue but that is pretty much proven to be bullshit when she asks you out on a date and tries to kill you. Yes it's more ambiguous for the next couple of chapters, but I'd say that it is pretty clear for more than half the game.

I think there's actually a plot hole in Season of Bloom:
  • Your advisors are trying to figure out what's causing the Bloom and all the magical beasts that's appearing
  • At the same time, you've got no way to tell them that a powerful nymph who introduced herself as Guardian of the Bloom just tried to murder you by sending her magical beasts to attack you

InD_ImaginE

Arcane
Patron
  • Your advisors are trying to figure out what's causing the Bloom and all the magical beasts that's appearing
  • At the same time, you've got no way to tell them that a powerful nymph who introduced herself as Guardian of the Bloom just tried to murder you by sending her magical beasts to attack you

I mean this is one thing and that is another? I guess you can make a connection that the nymph is the one behind the attack... but that doesn't really solve why people are exploding monsters 20 times their size out of their arses.

Pink Eye

Monk
Patron
I'm very into cock and ball torture
Do you, though?

You don't know who is behind it though. The entire point of the old gnome and the riddle was to figure out that green salad was behind it, and her motive. Once you do find out, half of your capital is in ruins, and your fighting off a large army of monsters. You never get time to tell them.

Pink Eye

Monk
Patron

I mean this is one thing and that is another? I guess you can make a connection that the nymph is the one behind the attack... but that doesn't really solve why people are exploding monsters 20 times their size out of their arses.
Yeah. It isn't until you perform the risky surgery that you discover what exactly is causing it.

Delterius

Arcane
Do you, though?
More than that, Nyrissa is referenced throught. The one Nugra says calls to the Stag Lord at night. The Cult's Goddess. And so on.
Yes but I guess it wouldn't really matter, would it? You know Nyrissa has something to do with most everything, not just the Bloom. Sure. But what matters is finding out how, why and how to undo the Bloom. There could be scenes where the council comes together and you discuss nymph. But it wouldn't lead anywhere per se. You still need to investigate stuffs. And you can assume your people are aware of her anyways because of the journal and some of the dialogue.
The maps are like 80% utter trash
damn this game is so unlike baldurs gate

Erikkolai

Learned

Yeah. It isn't until you perform the risky surgery that you discover what exactly is causing it.

Yeah but if all game devs suddenly start making extreme sacrifices for the sake of balancing their games, and I learn that Sawyer was secretly appointed as Gaming Tzar last year, then I'm going to draw some conclusions and mention it to the Codex regardless of whether I know the technical details of how the balancing was implemented.
:M

When 2 different events both include "Bloom" and "Hostile Magical Beasts" it's expected to make the connection.

green salad

:salute:

<cracks knuckles>

Yes, there are similarities between all party-based D&D-style fantasy isometric RPGs. The point is that these similarities are more pronounced between Kingmaker (and PoE1) and BG than most.

Good lord, similarities don't mean shit when it comes to deciding whether a game is good or not.

Sure you know Nyrissa is behind everything (or at least you think that) for most of the game, but you still have to figure out the causes of the problem in each chapter, who is working for Nyrissa, etc. It's not like BG2 was ruined because you knew Irenicus was the main antagonist early on.

That's the point. As everyone knows, BG2 had a way worse story than BG1, precisely because it was so obvious and predictable, some whiny emo elf going on and on about his bullshit for 100 hours. In Shitmaker, they replaced him with the world's ugliest nymph. Filling in tiny details is not the same as following an interesting mystery.

Retards complain about the timer in Fallout being hidden or unclear too, lots of people don't like them. I beat the game and followed their progression just fine.

And what does it tell you that BIS removed the time limit shortly after launch?

What's with the "Sparky" shit? Been watching a lot of Farscape?

You seem very perky in defense of Shitmaker. Like a one man Shitmaker Defense Force.

You're the one talking about how you were "pulling your hair out" so clearly it was more difficult than what you enjoy playing, the fact remains that difficulty is extremely customizable in KM so this complaint is really retarded.

What do this even mean? More difficult than you enjoy playing.

Your Oscar Wilde wit rapiered my ass until the world became a Portrait of Dorian Gay.
I mean this non-sequitur kind of has the structure of a joke, so good try I guess.[/QUOTE]

Let's be honest, when you saw this, you laughed and you cried.

Md2TVPA.png

The fuck?

That normal is not really normal. If you check the settings it sets, some of them are on the easy side. There is no standard normal DnD setting in Shitmaker that sets everything to standard difficulty.

Pink Eye

Monk
Patron

Yeah but if all game devs suddenly start making extreme sacrifices for the sake of balancing their games, and I learn that Sawyer was secretly appointed as Gaming Tzar last year, then I'm going to draw some conclusions and mention it to the Codex regardless of whether I know the technical details of how the balancing was implemented.
:M

When 2 different events both include "Bloom" and "Hostile Magical Beasts" it's expected to make the connection.

green salad

:salute:
Speaking of which, I do wonder how Sawyer will design encounters if he had a go at it.

RPG Wokedex Strap Yourselves In
That's the point. As everyone knows, BG2 had a way worse story than BG1, precisely because it was so obvious and predictable, some whiny emo elf going on and on about his bullshit for 100 hours. In Shitmaker, they replaced him with the world's ugliest nymph. Filling in tiny details is not the same as following an interesting mystery.

Yeah, when I was playing BG1 for the first time I had no idea that evil black knight with evil voice that casually murders some helpless bloke in the intro, sends assassins after PC and murders Gorion will be behind it all. Not only was it an outstanding mystery, his motives were also incredibly deep. A murderous evil guy wants to become an evil god of murder? No way!

Lawntoilet

Prophet
Patron
<cracks knuckles>
:roll:

Good lord, similarities don't mean shit when it comes to deciding whether a game is good or not.
Whether they're good or not wasn't the point of discussion, whether they can be compared or not was. Similarities invite comparison.

The arc of every chapter is a distinct mystery, Nyrissa's motivations remain a mystery until late in the game, then it turns out she wasn't the one behind everything after all. You can reduce any story to "tiny details" if you start with a broad enough brush.

And what does it tell you that BIS removed the time limit shortly after launch?
The timer for the main quest, the water chip, never got removed, retards still complain. If you can't figure out the time limits in KM you're dumb or not paying attention.

You seem very perky in defense of Shitmaker. Like a one man Shitmaker Defense Force.
No I'm just the only one gullible enough to engage with you.

What do this even mean? More difficult than you enjoy playing.
It's not hard to understand. If you found the game frustratingly difficult, then you probably prefer playing games that are not as difficult because their difficulty doesn't frustrate you.

Let's be honest, when you saw this, you laughed and you cried.
Whoever pity-laughed at your joke once and convinced you you're funny has done you, and more importantly this forum, a great disservice.

That normal is not really normal. If you check the settings it sets, some of them are on the easy side. There is no standard normal DnD setting in Shitmaker that sets everything to standard difficulty.
If you want "standard difficulty" per PnP, play Ironman and figure out a way to let your DM control the mobs.
Or just fiddle with it for 90 seconds until you've got the custom difficulty you want.
I would prefer this thread to be praising furry instead of feeding a troll, but it's just me.
OK I'll stop.
Furries are gay though and Kitsune were the gayest option in the WotR poll.

Last edited:

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom