Official RPG Codex Discord Server

1. Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.
    Dismiss Notice

Pathfinder Pathfinder: Kingmaker - Enhanced Plus Edition - now with turn-based combat

Discussion in 'Owlcat Games' started by Elex, Nov 20, 2018.

1. purpleblob Savant

purpleblob
    Who's the magus? I don't remember that one at all. I also found the fight with two gnomes quite fun.

I didn't bother getting the Grimoire, just passed the bluff/persuasion check for highest XP reward :P

^ Top  
  2. VentilatorOfDoom RPG Codex Staff

VentilatorOfDoom
    The main mishap with the endgame though as balanced by Owlcat is really just the previous experience rewards. Parties just aren't high enough level when they have to fight lvl20 wild hunt mobs. If people were lvl 18/19 at that point they could clear out entire rooms with WotB or Weird and there wouldn't be as many complaints.

^ Top  
  3. ArchAngel Arcane Sad Loser

ArchAngel
    When you enter Irovetti palace and go left and open a door into one of the rooms. You will see big Trolls on the other side. There is a named enemy in the room as well but he is to the side and you don't see him until you run into the room.
    He buffed up while I was killing the trolls and almost killed my main character with a charged up crit. A well placed Greater Dispel Magic ended that battle. Guy kept casting Mirror Image as he lost the previous one and he had too much life to kill with AoE spells.

2 gnomes I didn't fight. This was another example of awesome C&C of this game. If you did the final part of Jubilost quest and chose to give the Gift to a random gnome, that random gnome is a sister of these two gnomes that you killed previously. She comes in and takes all 3 of them to First World.

Grimoire quest is worth doing, you gets lots of xp talking to Blakemore, XP for killing enemies and loot. And Xp for giving the Grimoire to the captain. Did anyone try to use the Grimoire? it seems it has only one charge, it lasts 1 round and it does not replenish ? :D

Also I tried summoning a Deva with summon monster 8 in battle vs Irovetti. It stood in place for 2 rounds casting buffs and then battle was over before it joined lol

• Salute Salute x 2
    ^ Top  
  4. Zero Credibility Arcane

Zero Credibility
    Trying out the DLC stuff for the first time. The new class is... interesting. I had no experience with Kineticist in pnp whatsoever, so I had to learn what it does from scratch. Decided to make Valerie a Kinetic Knight and screw tower shields. Picked fire to start with for those intimidation feats. I swear I am going to finish the game this time and not keep restarting.

^ Top  
  5. ArchAngel Arcane Sad Loser

ArchAngel
    Best element for KK is Earth, second some that offers touch attack weapon. Earth gives you DR (mine got 12 by lvl 15) and Tremorsense ability. Water is also good if you choose to not use shields but use the water shield. Upside is that you will always have decent shield bonus and you have one extra feat you didn't spend in shield focus. Also you can use gather power to do the combined melee blast for 0 burn (but that costs you extra attacks as gather power takes move action).
    Downside is that you don't get extra bonuses from shields enchantments, +5 shields + feat will still outperform water shield and you will need to spend burn into making water shield more powerful which means less burn into giving you more DR.
    Another downside of water is that ghost are immune to all your attacks. They are immune to cold damage and non magical physical damage and ATM physical Kinetic blasts are considered completely non magical :D

• Informative Informative x 2
    ^ Top  
  6. hell bovine Arcane

hell bovine
    Agreed. If I had more time for gaming atm, I'd definitely replay it, bugs included.

Apparently earth gets trip on the kinetic blasts and can eventually make it into a no-save aoe? (except for the kinetic knight? if I understand this archetype correctly) Anyone who can mass faceplant enemies will have a much easier time in PK, but if you can mass faceplant without a saving throw, that's just ridiculous. (now if I only had the time to test it... :()

Last edited: Jan 28, 2019
    ^ Top  
  7. Zero Credibility Arcane

Zero Credibility
    Huh. Yeah, I've seen the DR earth has, really powerful. But earth talents and feats were just so weak in the end I went with fire instead, and now it would be a pain to reload. Do talents get better with more levels? Show unavailable button did not reveal anything else.

^ Top  
  8. Incendax Augur

Incendax
    It checks against CMD, but Fury’s Fall adds to Wall/Deadly so it can get pretty hilarious. You can casually hit +34 Modifier, and go higher with some optimizing.

^ Top  
  9. jungl Augur

jungl
    whats funny is that there only one spell in the game that protects against paralyzes. I bet there is plenty of casuals and other poor soul out there who didn't have a cleric at the time and couldnt finish the game. Wut where those retarded russkies thinking idk. The kinitekest was put in the game so every player has a solution to the end game as the firewall ability is the most op thing in the game when spammed.

• not sure if serious not sure if serious x 1
    ^ Top  
  10. ArchAngel Arcane Sad Loser

ArchAngel
    Well do pick up Earth on your next element choice level. Fire can also be ok as you can have a fire shield that does damage to anyone that hits you. Also fire should have energy version of the blast so you can target touch AC. If you use that one be sure to use Defensive Fighting with your KK, it is basically free AC since enemy Touch AC is less than their real AC for 90% of enemies.
    But then forget about water and go shield focus and normal shields. Personally I would pick Earth and Air. Air gives you evasion which is always useful.

^ Top  
  11. hell bovine Arcane

hell bovine
    Didn't know you can get the dc that high. :D And you could team up with Jubilost for the cursed bombs...

^ Top  
  12. jaydee2k Savant

jaydee2k
    Avellone wrote for this so this game can't be anything but total shit.

• Shit x 3
    • butthurt x 2
    • Edgy x 1
    • cool story bro x 1
    • retadred x 1
    ^ Top  
  13. Infinitron I post news Patron

Infinitron
    RPG Wokedex Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Kingmaker
    :desu:

https://steamcommunity.com/games/Pathfinder_Kingmaker/announcements/detail/1719714341822678325

• Brofist Brofist x 2
    • incline incline x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
    ^ Top  
  14. archaen Arbiter Patron

archaen
    Praise sweet baby Jesus. That mini patch fixed my game. :positive:

• When words are not enough When words are not enough x 1
    ^ Top  
  15. purpleblob Savant

purpleblob
    Ah, that guy. Yep, that was a fun encounter.

Oh wow, I never even thought about choosing that option. Pretty cool. I wonder whether it has any impact on Jubilost later on though?

^ Top  
  16. purpleblob Savant

purpleblob
    In case anyone is interested, here's the complete list of artisan masterpieces:

* Bokken (Alchemist) - Elixir of inconceivable transmutations of body, and soul, and also mind (+2 to ability scores, permanent)
    * Dragn (Dwarven Smit) - Onslaught (Mithril Full Plate +5, +8 strength +20 speed)
    * Irene (Arcane) - Grandmaster's Rod (MAximize + Empower 3x/day, ignore spell resistance and immunity)
    * Trival (Leatherworker) - Royal Guardian (max Dex bonus of +15, increase max HP by 20, +5 AC studded light armor)
    * Mim (Jeweler) - Great Dreamer's Smile (+2 luck bonus on attack and damage rolls, saving throws, skill checks, and penetration checks, immunity to curses)
    * Shaynih'a (Monk) - Mastery (Fauchard +5, adds +5 to all CMB and does damage as if on hit when CMB succeeds, grants permanent Freedom of movement and immune to trip+bullrush)
    * Nazrelle (Weaponsmith) - Perfection (Longsword +5, +2 All saves, attacks, AC, skills)
    * Kimo (Woodworker) - Mirror Bow (Composite Longbow +5, Attacking with this bow fires an extra projectile for 1d4+1/2 strength bonus damage)
    * Sharel (Tailor) - Ambrosial Attire of Arcane Annihilation (robe, +4 attack with rays, +1 damage per die fire, acid, force, cold, electric spells, +4 spell pen)
    * Varrask (Orcish Smith) - Dragon's Essence (Greataxe +5, cast dragonskin III once a day)

I only managed to get two so far :(

• Brofist Brofist x 2
    • WTF am I reading WTF am I reading x 1
    ^ Top  
  17. ArchAngel Arcane Sad Loser

ArchAngel
    I got the elixir, mithril full plate and I think the fauchard. I told Irene to pack out of the kingdom as my LG paladin does not want smugglers and I am not doing the last quest for Varrask as I would also need to kick him out after it. I will not get his masterpiece but at least he brings stuff that I can sell.
    I would love to get that bow for my Linzi archer but I didn't upgrade that region, just used last upgrade on Mim's region.

^ Top  
  18. Incendax Augur

Incendax
    It is beautiful, but Grandmaster’s Rod is the real cackle like a lunatic item.

^ Top  
  19. Jenkem お前はもう死んでいる Patron

Jenkem
    Make the Codex Great Again!
    Guess I won't be buying the DLC for this game.. shame. Not going to give Deep Silver any of my money.

• gimme dem dolla bills gimme dem dolla bills x 1
    • not sure if serious not sure if serious x 1
    • rolleyes rolleyes x 1
    ^ Top  
  20. Jinn Arcane

Jinn
    Let's hope Owlcat parts ways with them before their next project...

^ Top  
  21. Yosharian Magister

Yosharian
    Why?

^ Top  
  22. 80Maxwell08 Arcane

80Maxwell08
    So after the past few weeks of mostly NWN2 and expansions, I bought this yesterday and went to build a character and was met with roughly a dozen classes with 4 separate subdivisions under each class, before even getting to prestige classes. Then I found out there's a way to get a wings feat for your character after NWN2 not having them. I think I'm in love. I then made my first character that was useless in the first few fights and am now trying to figure out how to make an actually good character. I'll probably just make a fighter or paladin first since those tend to be pretty easy to not mess up.

^ Top  
  23. Fairfax Arcane

Fairfax
    MCA clarified the adventure module situation:

• Brofist Brofist x 1
    ^ Top  
  24. ArchAngel Arcane Sad Loser

ArchAngel
    My guess is because of this: https://www.pcgamer.com/metro-exodus-epic-store-steam/

But I don't know why these Codexers care about what popamole games and their devs do...

^ Top  
  25. Jinn Arcane

Jinn
    Because it's the same publisher as our cherished non-popamole incline sudio, Owlcat?

I mean, as long as the next Owlcat game doesn't come out exclusively on the Epic game store, I couldn't care less.

^ Top  

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.