Official RPG Codex Discord Server

1. Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.
    Dismiss Notice

Pathfinder Pathfinder: Kingmaker - Enhanced Plus Edition - now with turn-based combat

Discussion in 'Owlcat Games' started by Elex, Nov 20, 2018.

1. LannTheStupid Товарищ Patron

LannTheStupid
    Pathfinder: Kingmaker
    She beat Fredero in my game. Nothing's wrong with her fighting skills.

^ Top  
  2. Stavrophore Kalin was right all along. Patron

Stavrophore
    Strap Yourselves In
    In my game she beat fredero too, while being high on mutagen and literally six other potions.

^ Top  
  3. BING XI LAO FREE KALIN! Patron

BING XI LAO
    Insert Title Here
    Kingmaker just has so many layers of cringe D&D soy garbage.... but don't worry, one of them is a subversive commentary!

• not sure if serious not sure if serious x 1
    • Okily Dokily! Okily Dokily! x 1
    • retadred retadred x 1
    ^ Top  
  4. BING XI LAO FREE KALIN! Patron

BING XI LAO
    Insert Title Here
    Kingmaker fans accept wommenz in melee and caricatured slavery without batting an eye and then think they're not SJWs :lol:

• retadred retadred x 1
    ^ Top  
  5. Stavrophore Kalin was right all along. Patron

Stavrophore
    Strap Yourselves In
    Kingmaker has huge lore, but there's too many copypasted gods and places that no one will memorize because they are uninteresting and don't influence the core plot. It will pop once in some side quest and then vanish from the world and storymaking forever.

^ Top  
  6. LannTheStupid Товарищ Patron

LannTheStupid
    ^ Top  
  7. Stavrophore Kalin was right all along. Patron

Stavrophore
    Strap Yourselves In
    Well we are discussing PC game here not pathfinder tabeltop. Idk what's your point?

^ Top  
  8. Inhabitants of Khorinis Educated

Inhabitants of Khorinis
    Oh noo! Not women in armour! Anything but women in armour!

• Funny Funny x 6
    • Brofist Brofist x 1
    ^ Top  
  9. Stavrophore Kalin was right all along. Patron

Stavrophore
    Strap Yourselves In
    I don't accept or even sympathize with these women ironclad fighter/barbarian characters. I find it fake and superfluous so i disregard the story around them and their yabbering. Just like you would suspend your belief if Jenkem started a chat with you and told you about satanic portal under your bed -let him talk and only ask about essence of the matter to end the quest and further down the story. So far jubilost is most reasonable character, albeit while claiming that truth is the most important for him, not fake appeareance, he still do the PR stuff like wearing glasses to have easier time to share his wisdom among his audience.

• retadred retadred x 1
    • (autism) (autism) x 1
    ^ Top  
  10. Inhabitants of Khorinis Educated

Inhabitants of Khorinis
    I'm pretty sure if I lived in !THE FICTIONAL CITY OF KENABRES! and someone told me there's a demonic portal under my bed, I'd probably listen to them.

• Grab the minigun, there are demons here to smite Grab the minigun, there are demons here to smite x 1
    ^ Top  
  11. Stavrophore Kalin was right all along. Patron

Stavrophore
    Strap Yourselves In
    The analogy wasn't talking about ingame world. And yes we construe and respond to things in game through the lenses of our own experience, our own real world, our inclinations, upbringing and ideologies we currently adhere or the one that resonate with us. Even in fantasy if something is too batshit improbable, insane, i just write it as shitty lore, shitty writing and generally a shock value to the crowd called "that was deep MAAAAAN, proper mindfuck, i need to smoke a joint" dumbfucks.

^ Top  
  12. LannTheStupid Товарищ Patron

LannTheStupid
    In the world of Golarion and its encompassing lore gods, demons and other powers have their complete stories. In a short story of taming the Stolen Lands - which happens in the small part of the world of Golarion - some of those entities have the main role, some have brief appearances, and some are only mentioned in passing.

I think you need to consult with your doctor. Your dementia is clearly out of control.

P.S.:
    It's even worse than I thought...

^ Top  
  13. Stavrophore Kalin was right all along. Patron

Stavrophore
    Strap Yourselves In
    Nice writeup bro, but you seem to not understand simple words. I've told you in earlier post that IN MY OPINION this is shit narrative wise. You can have different opinion on that. You know, people like different games, and different things in games. Are you twelve to not understand this?

• Funny Funny x 1
    ^ Top  
  14. Max Damage Learned

Max Damage
    Wish I had this much free time to play games I don't like and complain about them on the interwebz, oh wait, I'd rather do literally anything else.

• Funny Funny x 2
    • Brofist Brofist x 1
    • nice nice x 1
    ^ Top  
  15. Stavrophore Kalin was right all along. Patron

Stavrophore
    Strap Yourselves In
    Also i've talked about women in iron, and somehow the arguments pertaining shit i find improbable in this phenomena, got intertwined by LannTheStupid with my discussion about gods where i haven't said anything about it being improbable -just plain boring sidequest worthy trash tier minigods that doesn't have influence on core game. Talk about lack of reading comprehension.

The education in rusland is getting worse year by year it seems.

^ Top  
  16. Inhabitants of Khorinis Educated

Inhabitants of Khorinis
    I wouldn't say a woman putting on some plate armour and swinging a piece of metal around is "batshit unprobable", especially when that woman is an obvious Joan of Arc Rip-off. Bche, Joan of Arc, what a lazy writing.
    But hey I guess it's more realistic than using DEX for bows and STR for melee weapons rather that the other way around.

• Funny Funny x 1
    ^ Top  
  17. Stavrophore Kalin was right all along. Patron

Stavrophore
    Strap Yourselves In
    That was by the way, specific critique of some weirdness in games, example -Torment: Tides of Numenera. Too weird for me tbh. I don't like this shit in games, i like mystery not weirdness, i like consistency in lore and world building. /Rant off.
    The paragraph wasn't about women specifically.

Isn't dex for accuracy[hit chance] and str for damage modifier for bows and throwing weapons like darts? That make some sense imho.

^ Top  
  18. Gargaune Magister

Gargaune
    She's not "mannish", the artist just skimped on her makeup to illustrate character traits, e.g. serious, pragmatic, resilient. Compare below the original portrait on the left with some Reddit guy's makeover on the right, anatomy-wise he only tweaked her eyes a bit, the rest is just scowl and makeup.

[​IMG]

• Brofist Brofist x 7
    • decline decline x 1
    • No No x 1
    ^ Top  
  19. Grunker RPG Codex Ghost Patron

Grunker
    we're in a world where you can make 15 hardened veteran soldiers run in panic by swinging your sword around real dashing-like, no supernatural elements involved. but it's women in armor that make you guys decry the sad state of high fantasy realism. fucking nerds, go get laid for heaven’s sake

Last edited: Jul 13, 2021
    • Brofist Brofist x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • Edgy Edgy x 1
    ^ Top  
  20. LannTheStupid Товарищ Patron

LannTheStupid
    I did not get that.

But, you know, if "swinging your sword" comes the Baron of the local lands who (presumably) has an army - then it's probably wise for 15 soldiers to flee. Or at least form up and defend themselves properly, which is not that easy without armor.

• Brofist Brofist x 1
    ^ Top  
  21. Grunker RPG Codex Ghost Patron

Grunker
    you read the fluff of dazzling display + thug very differently than i do

• Funny Funny x 1
    ^ Top  
  22. LannTheStupid Товарищ Patron

LannTheStupid
    Well, then "15 hardened veteran soldiers" would probably have the will high enough to save from the dazzling display.

• Acknowledge this user's Agenda Acknowledge this user's Agenda x 1
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
    ^ Top  
  23. Grunker RPG Codex Ghost Patron

Grunker
    oh yes. for instance a grizzled mercenary with his mighty +3 Will save (i picked a favourable example for you - veteran soldiers have +2). it seems you are as bad at the rules as you are at proportions

arguing the realism of the pathfinder ruleset. this place never ceases to amaze me

• Brofist Brofist x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • Disgusting! Disgusting! x 1
    ^ Top  
  24. Stavrophore Kalin was right all along. Patron

Stavrophore
    Strap Yourselves In
    If any semblance to reality is not important we can start making rpgs with rulesets where strength is responsible for magic, and intelligence is for how hard you hit someone with that two handed axe. Im sure you will find big audience -probably around pot smokers and pseudointelectuals, who will try to find some hidden, deep meaning.

• Balanced Balanced x 2
    ^ Top  
  25. Grunker RPG Codex Ghost Patron

Grunker
    so why aren't you arguing the realism of a level 1 fighter level 1 thug being able to make a seasoned veteran run to mama in a fit of blitstering panic by waving his sword around

^ Top  

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.