Official RPG Codex Discord Server

1. Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.
    Dismiss Notice

Pathfinder Pathfinder: Kingmaker - Enhanced Plus Edition - now with turn-based combat

Discussion in 'Owlcat Games' started by Elex, Nov 20, 2018.

1. Efe Erudite

Efe
    stick with it and you still got a long ways to go

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Despair Despair x 1
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
    ^ Top  
  2. ferratilis Savant

ferratilis
    How the hell are you in Vordakai's Tomb at 50h of gameplay? I'm still in Season of Bloom and have more than 60h lol

A question about the respec mod: my PC is lawful good, if I use the respec mod to make a new build and also pick lawful good, what happens to my campaign and kingdom? Will anything get fucked up?

^ Top  
  3. Bloodeyes Arcane

Bloodeyes
    You don't need to use a mod to respec your main. You only need the mod to change the stats/early levels of your companions. Just talk to the Pathfinder society woman who hangs out in the tavern. I've never changed alignment during a playthrough so I can't answer your actual question. If you're playing on challenging or harder you'll need to turn the option to respec on in the difficulty menu. You can turn it back off after with no consequence.

I wouldn't fuck with that mod if I were you, not on a save that you have a lot of time in. It can do weird shit to your characters' appearance that doesn't pop up until much later. I've lost about 15h of progress this way. The respec mod did this:

[​IMG]

Just respec your main using the built in method. If you've already used up all the free ones then pay. You get very rich later anyway.

• Funny Funny x 9
    • Prestigious Prestigious x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
    ^ Top  
  4. Yosharian Magister

Yosharian
    Uhhh Death Ward?

• Makes you think... Makes you think... x 1
    ^ Top  
  5. Agesilaus Antiquity Studio Patron Developer

Agesilaus
    Grab the Codex by the pussy Codex USB, 2014
    I'm playing through this again. My character is a wizard conjurer, and I brought the midget bard, barbarian lady, tower shield lady, dead lady, and healer/buffer who can't fight. I'm enjoying the pit spells and the necromancer spell that automatically hits (bonebreaker or something). We're all low level still, so we got wrecked by the werewolves in the cave (but otherwise defeated all opponents before killing the stag lord).

• incline incline x 1
    ^ Top  
  6. Yosharian Magister

Yosharian
    The only astra/thanademon that I've fought that was remotely challenging was the one that spawns in special circumstances regarding the Cloak of Sold Souls, even he is just a matter of bursting him down before he hurts you too much, not too difficult if you have the right setup.

^ Top  
  7. kangaxx Learned

kangaxx
    I read some advice online beforehand that you should finish off the story missions with extreme prejudice or you risk a game over screen. So while I've been doing most of the side content, I haven't been exploring random map areas unless it's the between-chapter down time. Maybe that's how? Anyway Steam tells me I'm now on about 60h and I'm in the

Show Spoiler
    barbarian extermination section straight after Vordakai.

• Brofist Brofist x 1
    ^ Top  
  8. Efe Erudite

Efe
    you should explore as much as you can between chapters
    iirc you can get silverstep quite early

• Friendly Friendly x 1
    ^ Top  
  9. ferratilis Savant

ferratilis
    Is there a way to start Varnhold DLC during campaign? I have finished Season of Bloom, my party is level 10 and I still have a lot of time until next development in the Curse quest, so I decided to go to Varnhold, but I can only chat with Varn and that's it. He doesn't give any quests. What gives?

^ Top  
  10. Wunderbar Arcane

Wunderbar
    ferratilis Varnhold DLC is a separate campaign, you can start it at any point. Just press "new game", choose it in the menu and import your main campaign save.

• Thanks! Thanks! x 1
    ^ Top  
  11. Jarpie Arcane Patron

Jarpie
    Codex 2012 MCA
    And it's a good idea to do it before the varnhold chapter as it ties into the chapter in the main game. Plus the dungeon in the Varnhold DLC is very cool.

• Informative Informative x 1
    ^ Top  
  12. Thonius Arcane

Thonius
    Build teleports, you'll have plenty of time.
    Also do not rush your playthrough, maybe they will release DLC plus it's easy to burn out if you rush it.

^ Top  
  13. Efe Erudite

Efe
    Teleporters are good advice though I doubt kingmaker will get any dlc at this point and definitely be urgent with main quest.
    just dont sit on your ass for rest of the map

^ Top  
  14. Naharcito Novice

Naharcito
    I started playing this two weeks ago after getting bored as fuck with Xenoblade Chronicles.

I'm enjoying so far the game, but I just failed 102 attacks in a row with bless, inspire courage from Linzi and I want to ask a question: is the RNG of this game just crap or am I missing something?

The enemy in question had 26 AC. My most buffed warrior (Amiri) was attacking with +13 and the least buffed was attacking with +6. I didn't even hit my target once in 21 rounds of combat. Is this like that the whole game?

^ Top  
  15. oldmanpaco Master of Siestas

oldmanpaco
    What enemy was this?

^ Top  
  16. Naharcito Novice

Naharcito
    It
    It was a doomspider on the Bald Hilltop. I'm really asking out of curiosity: I DM a lot of DnD in real life and I never saw this kind of RNG in a table nor in a videogame. I know very well the rules of the game, so I was observing in awe how this monster was killing my entire party. I had plenty of resources, though: I didn't use them because, in all honesty, I thought that I didn't need anything else besides the usual bless, enlarge, rage to kill a 26 AC monster. Also the doomspider chewed through my Valerie's 28 AC. That's why I came to ask: it was just bad luck or is the RNG this unfair all along the game?

^ Top  
  17. Rieser Learned

Rieser
    A) you're wrong about the numbers B) you've missed an enemy buff/immunity C) it's a bug

Pick one. Either way the answer to your question is "no". The RNG always seemed fair to me.

^ Top  
  18. Naharcito Novice

Naharcito
    I'm sure it's not A because of what I said to the other poster, so it must be that I didn't check properly the information about the monster. Maybe I was getting some kind of disadvantage on the rolls or whatever I didn't saw in the logs, because it just makes no sense.

^ Top  
  19. LannTheStupid Товарищ Patron

LannTheStupid
    Pathfinder: Kingmaker
    Could you please post the screenshot of the combat log and the monster information card?

^ Top  
  20. kangaxx Learned

kangaxx
    I have never had unhittable enemies outside of the normal rules/immunities. It sounds like a bug.

^ Top  
  21. Naharcito Novice

Naharcito
    I'm afraid not, because I closed the game and went to attend IRL obligations. I will try again tonight and check thoroughly. The monster was this one: https://pathfinderkingmaker.fandom.com/wiki/Doomspider

^ Top  
  22. ferratilis Savant

ferratilis
    Does anyone know what Avellone's contribution to this game is specifically? He's listed as a writer, but so far I haven't seen anything that seemed even remotely "Avellonian." You know, like conversations with Dakkon, Kreia, or Durance. This game's companions seem flat as a pancake, in comparison. I'm not shitting on the story, I was just wondering.

^ Top  
  23. LannTheStupid Товарищ Patron

LannTheStupid
    Pathfinder: Kingmaker
    Nok-Nok.

• Thanks! Thanks! x 1
    ^ Top  
  24. ferratilis Savant

ferratilis
    Nok-Nok is indeed a great companion, both in terms of damage he does and how funny he is. My guess was that Avellone wrote either Harrim (a depressed cleric sounds like something Avellone would write) or those two tiefling sisters (because of their mysterious background), but still neither seemed like anything he has written before. First time you talk to Durance or Grieving Mother in PoE you can see they were penned by him from a mile away.

I'm never removing Nok-Nok from my party. :cool:

• Brofist Brofist x 2
    • :M :M x 1
    ^ Top  
  25. Naharcito Novice

Naharcito
    I beat the encounter easily now. I guess I just had the proverbial stroke of bad luck where you just get the 0.0012% result of the year. Thanks anyway!

• Brofist Brofist x 2
    • Salute Salute x 1
    ^ Top  

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.