Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Pathfinder Pathfinder: Kingmaker - Enhanced Plus Edition - now with turn-based combat

Shadenuat

Arcane
I honestly might reintroduce my Icewind Dale way of playing to Wrath, where I roll with real dice 6 3d6 for stats for 6 characters and then roll races and classes at random

i think last time I ended up with party of like 4 gnomes or something

Desiderius

Found your egg, Robinett, you sneaky bastard
Patron
Insert Title Here Pathfinder: Wrath
This guy at the eighth grade lunch table was telling us how he got his 8 INT Magic-User to lvl five. Pretty epic. I mean I still remember that so…

Mangoose

Arcane
Patron
Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity
That’s why it’s so amusing when people cry about munchkins and minmaxxing. Your typical MMO power-gamer is doing more minning than maxxing in these games.
I'm not crying about munchkins and minmaxing. I'm saying that DMs/other players may or may not like that on tabletop. Well, another big difference is that you can form a party. Usually it goes the other way around, hoping the other players brought good character sheets.

But. Actually, I wouldn't mind turning difficulty up if the sliders weren't screwy.

I honestly might reintroduce my Icewind Dale way of playing to Wrath, where I roll with real dice 6 3d6 for stats for 6 characters and then roll races and classes at random

i think last time I ended up with party of like 4 gnomes or something
Oh.. you're playing RTWP. Don't mean that anything's wrong with that but I can imagine I'd be tuning difficulties differently if I played realtime.

In TB, Harrim is so fucking annoying, because he has negative dexterity AND stuck with 20 ft move speed. Talk about a.... Slog.

Reever

Scholar
Patron
PuWl1Hv.png

Someone crunch the numbers, I think I have a chance.

r8RVQx9.png
meh

Mangoose

Arcane
Patron
I finished PK in both modes.

took me some time to kill all zombies in act 1 stagcamp on unfair tb :abyssgazer:
Haha actually that's why I felt TB wasn't steamrolling. It was a guaranteed victory but it's too damned tedious to be a steamroll.

More like lawnmower.

Edit: Seriously, I just realized it truly isn't that difficult. But the slog is felt.

Last edited:

Yosharian

Arcane
This may work https://www.nexusmods.com/pathfinderkingmaker/mods/219

Before this mod when you select different options in the setting “Enemy difficulty”, the enemies in the game get +2AC and Attack Bonus, as well as +4 to all ability scores for each increase in the difficulty level (e.g., from Normal to Strengthened). If you give a monster +2 to AC and Attack Bonus and +4 to all ability scores, in reality, that gives the monsters +4 to hit your party and +4 to avoid your party’s attacks. I think that it is too much, and I always wanted more fine-tuning settings. That’s where I had the idea for this mod. With this mod, you can replace these bonuses. By default, this mod replaces the vanilla values to +1 to AC and Attack Bonus (instead of +2) and +2 to all ability scores (instead of +4). This gives monsters +2 to hit and to avoid attacks for each level of increase in the “Enemy difficulty” setting. However, you can change these values to whatever you like, just open the “Settings.csv” file with Excel or LibreOffice and change the values. However, I should note that I have not tested other values.

To check what each option was originally intended to do by the devs, see: https://steamcommunity.com/app/640820/discussions/0/1730963192537352029/
Yep this is what I use

with the following difficulty settings

[*] Choose 'Challenging' as the base difficulty
[*] Set Enemy Difficulty to 'Insane'
[*] Set Enemy Stat Adjustments to 'Normal'
[*] Set Enable character retrain to Checked
[*] Ensure Kingdom Management is set to 'Effortless'

Edit: oh wait no this is the wrong mod, I don't use that one. I use this one:

Difficulty Modifiers Scale With Level
https://www.nexusmods.com/pathfinderkingmaker/mods/193

It's no secret that on hard and unfair the early game is an absolute RNG dependant slog that gets far more managable from act 2 and onwards. The reason for this is because the modifiers applied to enemies at higher difficulties are static. On unfair the +4 to AC and attack bonus as well as the +8 to every stat are extremely impactful at level 1 and far less impactful at level 20 when the abundance of buffs and potential for min maxing overshadow them.

To correct this I have made it so that the modifiers scale with the level of your main character. At level 1 the bonuses will be very small, at levels 8-12 the bonuses will be around the same as vanilla and at level 20 they will be 50% larger in order to try and correct the games strong inverted difficulty curve. For the mod image you can see how AC scales with level in my mod (red) as opposed to the constant buff applied in vanilla (blue). The tutorial is no longer the hardest part of the game!

193-1600800576-1523202951.png

I don't think the mod you linked will do much to fix the game's difficulty curve tbh

Last edited:

Desiderius

Patron
But its weak.
It's weak if you munchkin and min-max your characters, same thing with tabletop. Me? I prefer to make stupid experimental builds so I try not to turn any other knobs.
You don't need to minmax or munchkin in Pathfinder to make any class overpower any normal enemies. Anything you pick is just strong.
Do you use charisma as a dump stat?

There really aren’t drop stats since the only benefit of dropping is like .5 to a DC or some shit. You can get WIS to Persuasion from Background in Wrath but it’s rarely worth doing. I start most builds by adding two to each stat then going from there.
Er, by drop stat I mean when you put a stat like Charisma at minimum, because Charisma doesn't matter, thus allowing you to put points into something else. Many PNP are okay with it, though many others aren't.

For fuck sake just because a bunch of retards call me a retard doesn’t make me a retard, retard. I know what a drop stat is. That’s my point - there aren’t really any in these games and I think that’s intentional to make the hated minmaxxers beclown themselves in front of everybody.

Mangoose

Arcane
Patron
But its weak.
It's weak if you munchkin and min-max your characters, same thing with tabletop. Me? I prefer to make stupid experimental builds so I try not to turn any other knobs.
You don't need to minmax or munchkin in Pathfinder to make any class overpower any normal enemies. Anything you pick is just strong.
Do you use charisma as a dump stat?

There really aren’t drop stats since the only benefit of dropping is like .5 to a DC or some shit. You can get WIS to Persuasion from Background in Wrath but it’s rarely worth doing. I start most builds by adding two to each stat then going from there.
Er, by drop stat I mean when you put a stat like Charisma at minimum, because Charisma doesn't matter, thus allowing you to put points into something else. Many PNP are okay with it, though many others aren't.

For fuck sake just because a bunch of retards call me a retard doesn’t make me a retard, retard. I know what a drop stat is. That’s my point - there aren’t really any in these games and I think that’s intentional to make the hated minmaxxers beclown themselves in front of everybody.
Chill. I didn't call you a retard. If I wanted to call you a retard, I would. But I am having trouble seeing the word "retard" in what I wrote.

And that makes it questionable whether you are a retard. Not saying you are. And I'm not the one questioning it. But it's questionable by anyone else.

As for stat dumping, for me, a lot of my builds would not work well if not for the extra, what, 3 points gained I can use for STR, DEX, CON, INT, or WIS.

Secondly, I was saying that your real life friends may or may not like that you munchkinize (^see above^ I'm not saying I care). I was talking about the Pathfinder community, which is somewhat divisive on this. Which kinda affects how Paizo structures things.

Desiderius

Patron
Yeah that mod's great - really smooths out the curve. Looks like Owlcat used some of those principles in putting Hard together this time with early mobs as low as +1 and some of the later ones getting bigger boosts.

Desiderius

Patron
Chill. I didn't call you a retard. If I wanted to call you a retard, I would. But I am having trouble seeing the word "retard" in what I wrote.

And that makes it questionable whether you are a retard. Not saying you are. And I'm not the one questioning it. But it's questionable by anyone else.

As for stat dumping, for me, a lot of my builds would not work well if not for the extra, what, 3 points gained I can use for STR, DEX, CON, INT, or WIS.

Secondly, I was saying that your real life friends may or may not like that you munchkinize (^see above^ I'm not saying I care). I was talking about the Pathfinder community, which is somewhat divisive on this. Which kinda affects how Paizo structures things.

I'm perfectly chill. I was making fun of this tic all you clowns have of trying to condescend to me (you didn't have to call me one you were treating me as one in a particularly absurd context) when I'm the one ahead of you. And now you've done it again.

If you're stat dumping you're the munchkin. It doesn't matter that you do it so inanely that I end up ahead of you merely by autoleveling and spreading my stats around.

Again, I think that's the point of Owlcat's design. What is amazing is how many people are too thick-headed to notice.

Your builds would work fine. You don't get an extra 3 you get an extra 4 creation points if you take a 10 down to a 7, but the stats you're trying to boost cost 3 or 4 points to go up at that point, so you're spending 3 to get 1, and 1 pt isn't going to make or break your build one way or another.

I've done it myself a time or two but it's a bad habit that I see undermining people all the time. Skills matter in these games, a lot, and so does CON. Being able to use a Mirror Image wand or one of Nenio's scrolls is a big deal. I'm not worth throwing that away for an extra .5 DC or AB when you're talking numbers in the 30-50 range routinely for those things.

Last edited:

Mangoose

Arcane
Patron

I'm perfectly chill. I was making fun of this tic all you clowns have of trying to condescend to me (you didn't have to call me one you were treating me as one in a particularly absurd context) when I'm the one ahead of you. And now you've done it again.
Well I had to call you one because you kinda set up the joke for me. What am I supposed to do? I'm compulsive about these things.

Again, I think that's the point of Owlcat's design. What is amazing is how many people are too thick-headed to notice.
You know that the only thing I was complaining about were the two difficulty sliders? I was just confused about the "steamrolling" until I realized TB is just steamrolling very very slowly.

Your builds would work fine.
Not. Fine. Enough.

I've done it myself a time or two but it's a bad habit that I see undermining people all the time. Skills matter in these games, a lot, and so does CON. Being able to use a Mirror Image wand or one of Nenio's scrolls is a big deal. It's not worth throwing that away for an extra .5 DC or AB when you're talking numbers in the 30-50 range routinely for those things.
Lol, I'm literally just bringing up tabletop drama I find funny. If you're the only munchkin and the group doesn't like munchkins, the DM will come down so hard lo.

Orobis

Arcane
Sychophantic Noob
So just got this item Gear's Rule and the Catalyst part of it doesn't seem to be working. It's suppose to add another dice of bomb damage but doesn't seem to be working, neither is the added DC check.

Tested multiple times on a lvl 11 Jubilost and he's still doing 6d6 when he should be doing 7d6.

Unless i'm missing something here

Yosharian

Arcane
So just got this item Gear's Rule and the Catalyst part of it doesn't seem to be working. It's suppose to add another dice of bomb damage but doesn't seem to be working, neither is the added DC check.

Tested multiple times on a lvl 11 Jubilost and he's still doing 6d6 when he should be doing 7d6.

Unless i'm missing something here
From what I can see online there doesn't seem to be anything wrong with the item. Have you tried resting after equipping the item?

Orobis

Arcane
Sychophantic Noob
From what I can see online there doesn't seem to be anything wrong with the item. Have you tried resting after equipping the item?
Yep. 2x Acerbic ring's work but not the gear's rule damage nor the added DC check. Everything else on the item works though.

From what googling i've done it seems this was a problem when the game came out 2018. Jubi should be doing 9d6 with the rings and the gear's but it still say 8d6 in the combat log.

It's not really a big deal, just triggering my ocd a bit. Annoys the fuck out of me when shit like that doesn't work like it should but again, i might be overlooking something so idk. Maybe it's just one of those things that doesn't show up in the combat log but i don't buy that.

The_Mask

Just like Yves, I chase tales.
Patron
Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I helped put crap in Monomyth
Yep. 2x Acerbic ring's work but not the gear's rule damage nor the added DC check. Everything else on the item works though.

From what googling i've done it seems this was a problem when the game came out 2018. Jubi should be doing 9d6 with the rings and the gear's but it still say 8d6 in the combat log.

It's not really a big deal, just triggering my ocd a bit. Annoys the fuck out of me when shit like that doesn't work like it should but again, i might be overlooking something so idk. Maybe it's just one of those things that doesn't show up in the combat log but i don't buy that.
You may want to report that, then. I think it's Ctrl + F11. Or something. I forget.

ERYFKRAD

Barbarian
Patron
Strap Yourselves In Serpent in the Staglands Shadorwun: Hong Kong Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth

You may want to report that, then. I think it's Ctrl + F11. Or something. I forget.
Alt+F4

Reever

Scholar
Patron
So how's Varnhold's Lot? I was wondering if I should buy it since I heard a lot of mixed things about it.
Or should I get the Thiefling DLC? :bounce:

Desiderius

Patron
So how's Varnhold's Lot? I was wondering if I should buy it since I heard a lot of mixed things about it.

Both. If you're going to get one get Wildcards since it substantially improves the base game but Varnhold gives you a much fuller grasp of some important PF concepts and how to leverage them (if you use the companions and keep them in class). It also has some epically great touches, such as a certain dog who is where he shouldn't be...

The_Mask

Just like Yves, I chase tales.
Patron
Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I helped put crap in Monomyth
It's okay. I guess? Like... it's more Pathfinder stuff, so... you know... cool.

I prefer the Thieflings. Much more stuff added. The girls are cool. With good voice acting. Good story. Mechanically, more classes added, and more quests too. Even a Kingdom Project that is actually helpful.

So if I had to choose I'd get the girls. If you're afraid that either is a waste of money - no. They're both ok.

Yosharian

Arcane
Get it just to get access to the items, don't actually play it just download the savegame off the Nexus that has all the items in it

I'm only half-joking honestly, it's not awful but it's pretty mediocre compared to the base game

Xamenos

Magister
Patron
Pathfinder: Wrath
It's a separate mini-campaign with a new character. I personally didn't care much for it, but it was fine. Wildcards was great. I consider it mandatory DLC.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom