Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Pathfinder Pathfinder: Kingmaker - Enhanced Plus Edition - now with turn-based combat

Stoned Ape

Savant
I think the final chapter after HatEoT is my least favourite.

40% chance of allies rolling a 1 or enemies rolling a 20 bullshit (which feels more like 70% when playing turn based and counting the 1s) while only having access to low level spells while fighting versions of encounters you've already done before in a set of straight line paths with nothing to explore.

When that's cleared a continuous spam of wild hunt encounters in the capital while waling another linear path for what seems like hours (although considering I only had to refresh buffs once it's actually probably only about 30 mins of in game time), followed by the disappointingly easy Lantern King fight at the end of it.

The whole endgame felt like more like working a repetitive job than enjoying an RPG.

Sarathiour

Cipher
Armag was my least favorite chapter. Nothing felt more tacked on and bloated. HatEoT is not a bad dungeon*. Way better than Armag's Tomb. You pussies.

*I played the final version of the game that had no bugs.

I don't know if bloated is the word I would be using, twice-bron warlord is just three amp : battlefield, tristan and armag dungeon

Sarathiour

Cipher
I think the final chapter after HatEoT is my least favourite.

40% chance of allies rolling a 1 or enemies rolling a 20 bullshit (which feels more like 70% when playing turn based and counting the 1s) while only having access to low level spells while fighting versions of encounters you've already done before in a set of straight line paths with nothing to explore.

When that's cleared a continuous spam of wild hunt encounters in the capital while waling another linear path for what seems like hours (although considering I only had to refresh buffs once it's actually probably only about 30 mins of in game time), followed by the disappointingly easy Lantern King fight at the end of it.

The whole endgame felt like more like working a repetitive job than enjoying an RPG.

I found it decent, it's more of a victory lap thing, and the thing at the end got a few nasty abilities. Pretty short too.

Haplo

Prophet
Patron
Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire
I found it decent, it's more of a victory lap thing, and the thing at the end got a few nasty abilities. Pretty short too.

Yeah, I've found it quite fun. Shit is happening. Planes merging, chaos rules, you've challenged a god and face consequences. The curse forces you to re-evaluate some of your strategies and maybe try to make the best out of more limited resources then you're used to (like use some low level spells again). But the enemies are scaled back so that you can still beat them. And step by step, you recover your power and overcome the curse.
The fights in the final section were a bit dense, but fortunately it was short. Lantern King was a good boss.

Much better then Act VI, which seriously overstayed its welcome, IMO.

Anyone know if there is an auto loot mod available? Getting kind of annoyed needing to check every crossbow to see if its masterwork and my autism won't allow me to leave even one of those 100 gp beauties on the floor.

My Ekundayo seems to have somehow acquired permanent, undispellable enlargement. Anyone had this happen to them before? I don't even use Enlarge all that often.

Sadly I can't cast enlarge on already large ekundayo to make him Huge.

My Ekundayo seems to have somehow acquired permanent, undispellable enlargement. Anyone had this happen to them before? I don't even use Enlarge all that often.

You know what they say, once you've tried Black, you never go back :)

His "Devourer of Metal" is, I am told, Gargantuan.

Haplo

Prophet
Patron
Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire

IF you want to get rid of his.... condition, you can try to cast Reduce Person on him. In theory should cancel Enlarge.

The_Mask

Just like Yves, I chase tales.
Patron
Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I helped put crap in Monomyth
Well...

the whole chapter with people bursting monsters from seeds that are in the water is probably an inspiration from that. But I feel the fairy dragon is foreshadowing to the real dragons you'll face later.

I really don't know. I may be a bit too smooth brained for what exactly this is. But I found it by accident, and I thought it's interesting.

The_Mask

Just like Yves, I chase tales.
Patron
Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I helped put crap in Monomyth
Owlcat has managed to divide a prime number by 2 in N. This has got to be the groundbreaking. Every math publication out there needs to know!

Russian math strikes again.jpg

Desiderius

Found your egg, Robinett, you sneaky bastard
Patron
Insert Title Here Pathfinder: Wrath
Multiplying by two and getting an odd number is very hard. Only vatniks can do such math.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom