Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Pathfinder Pathfinder: Kingmaker - Enhanced Plus Edition - now with turn-based combat

I did get all of those archery items except the shepherd's armor and Sharp eye in my run, but I did also end up with a helm that gave +2 attack while using deadly aim which is basically as good for Ekundayo. Death from Afar is arguably wildly out of place in their power level compared to how easily they can be acquired.

Also if we are talking about content, the megadungeon is way more interesting than a lot of the base game's content
What? It's 16 floors of the same crap. There's like 2 notable fights, otherwise its a boring slog through the same crap over and over.

and you can do it at any time without being rushed
Aside from the 80% of the game where you can't do it because of arbitrary limitations, yes you can do it at any time.

Yosharian

Arcane
Who gives a shit if it's wildly out of place, it exists and it affects how good an archer is in the game.

It's more interesting than a lot of the game's base content because it is straightforward fights where I don't have to read Owlcat's drivel and suffer through retarded Kingdom Management. I didn't say *most* of the game's content, but it is better than some. I guess it depends if you enjoy the game's combat or not.

I meant that you can do what is accessible to you at a given time without being under a time restriction. Unlike other content in the game which is time-sensitive. You also aren't forced to bring any specific companions with you. So you can do it at your own pace.

POOPERSCOOPER

Prophet
Is there any good character guides for people who aren’t autistic and want to start this game without fucking them selves over late game?

Play what you like to play. I finished the game IN UNFAIR with a PURE ROLE PLAY NECROMANCER build, without multiclassing and using arguably the worst wizard subclass. Here is my run >> https://rpgcodex.net/forums/threads...-thassilonian-necromancer-with-videos.140352/

Here is a video of chapter 3 fights.

Even if you are really bad, you can finish in normal with any "vanilla" build. Unless you try to run something atrocious like a low INT wiz.

This is the answer I wanted to read, thank you. I don't like following other peoples guides and instructions anyways. That is what usually made the most rewarding play throughs when I tell people about it and they say "how did you even complete the game with such a horrible character?"

Cryomancer

Arcane
Glory to Ukraine
I think that he wanna general hints, like don't pick this weapon focus as there are few weapons of this type in the game, the spell A, B and C for Wizards are amazing and so on. General helping instead of "here is how to get 666 AC and +666 BAB and OHK Lantern King on unfair, just follow this long guide"

Modron

Arcane
Some people just want to know they won't be penalized by games for not being an autistic savant min maxer carefully planning out every single level up for hours before even approaching the game.

The_Mask

Just like Yves, I chase tales.
Patron
Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I helped put crap in Monomyth
*laughs manically*
*sound of gun cocking in the background*

Attachments

• Yes.jpg
    Yes.jpg
    506.5 KB · Views: 83

mediocrepoet

Philosoraptor in Residence
Patron
Codex 2012 Codex+ Now Streaming! MCA Project: Eternity Divinity: Original Sin 2
Some people just want to know they won't be penalized by games for not being an autistic savant min maxer carefully planning out every single level up for hours before even approaching the game.
But you can get that info from my page too

Whatever
Don't know why some people want Lilura back when you have a Yosha right here.

Fun trick:

- Take 1 level of cleric and take Erastil or Gozreh/Animal Domain
- Take Sacred Huntsmaster.

Your level up scheme will look like this:

yZLTxD2.png

And upon reaching level 3 Sacred Huntsmaster your animal companion will start leveling up at twice the normal rate. At level 12 (cleric 1/huntsmaster 11) the animal companion will cap at level 16 as if you were a level 20 character.

Last edited:

Desiderius

Found your egg, Robinett, you sneaky bastard
Patron
Insert Title Here Pathfinder: Wrath

Whatever

Yosh is being entirely reasonable here. On the other hand fucking things up then getting better is part of the fun. But only if you're getting better and not arbitrarily sucking because gotta be urself.

Desiderius

Patron
There's a set of gloves that grants +4 ranged AB available very early
Lol this was the item that made me join Codex since it let me use weapons with Octavia. Also nice to counteract the malus on the Big Acid bow.

You can get there ranged without it but of course a big help. Ranged Jae straight Inq was nuts. Though I think melee might have been better since they didn't implement any ranged TW feats.

mediocrepoet

Philosoraptor in Residence
Patron
Codex 2012 Codex+ Now Streaming! MCA Project: Eternity Divinity: Original Sin 2

Whatever

Yosh is being entirely reasonable here. On the other hand fucking things up then getting better is part of the fun. But only if you're getting better and not arbitrarily sucking because gotta be urself.

joke-missed.gif

POOPERSCOOPER

Prophet
So you want a guide on how to build a character but you don't like following other people's guides

I probably just wanted confirmation that I didn’t need to follow a guide because I didn’t really want to anyways, I would probably open the link and get bored. I’m happy for your contribution straight from the autistic community though.

Desiderius

Patron
It's not autistic to point out that the ruleset itself was designed to avoid the problem you're worried about (unless you try to play 3.5 instead and do it badly).

Correct_Carlo

Arcane
I spent 4 hours tonight researching and re-building my character. I think I have an OK handle on how the stats work. I realized that I really fucked up my first attempt by building blindly. I used STR as a dump stat, which is kind of dumb with Rangers. I put too much into WIS, was using a composite bow without realizing how its damage scales, and etc. I'm going to try to do a pure Ranger build.

I made it through Oleg's, which was much easier this time around as I'm learning how to cheese with placement by having the Barbarian lady kite the enemies around while I shoot them. Honestly, the hardest, most RNG-heavy, fight of the entire game thus far has been the random encounter between the opening castle and Oleg's. It's 3 tigers that rip your shit up and you have no skills or anything to deal with them, so I just reloaded endlessly until they all died. It was tedious.

Oleg's fights were easier because I had a level up to play with by then, so I reloaded and tried different things. The only issue is I've been scrambling to find skills and builds for my companions, but there are so many, and I don't know what's good.

Correct_Carlo

Arcane
Why are the people who play this game so fucking bitchy? Usually Codexers are pretty friendly and helpful when it comes to games, but this thread is all assholes pushing their 1998 style GameFAQs and getting massively butthurt if you don't use them.

Desiderius

Patron
Why are the people who play this game so fucking bitchy? Usually Codexers are pretty friendly and helpful when it comes to games, but this thread is all assholes pushing their 1998 style GameFAQs and getting massively butthurt if you don't use them.

Want to see people get bitchy? Try telling someone they're doing it wrong.

Which you are.

It's like you're re-enacting the InEffective origin story right before our eyes.

Appreciate you getting into the game tho. There are other ways to approach it. Wish you could have been there for the Golden Age.

Correct_Carlo

Arcane

Want to see people get bitchy? Try telling someone they're doing it wrong.

Which you are.

It's like you're re-enacting the InEffective origin story right before our eyes.

Appreciate you getting into the game tho. There are other ways to approach it. Wish you could have been there for the Golden Age.

Bitch, please. My autism dictates that every single game I've ever played since the age of 15 has to be played on the hardest difficulty. And I finish nearly every game I start. I've never played a Pathfinder game before, but the only thing difficult about this game thus far is the fact that I'm currently unfamiliar with the PF system, which is changing every hour I play it. That's how all games work. I'm not going to read your shitty faq and just follow word for word what someone else tells me to do. There's no fun in that.

The_Mask

Just like Yves, I chase tales.
Patron
Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I helped put crap in Monomyth
Bitch, please. My autism dictates that every single game I've ever played since the age of 15 has to be played on the hardest difficulty. And I finish nearly every game I start. I've never played a Pathfinder game before, but the only thing difficult about this game thus far is the fact that I'm currently unfamiliar with the PF system, which is changing every hour I play it. That's how all games work. I'm not going to read your shitty faq and just follow word for word what someone else tells me to do. There's no fun in that.
He is not giving you bad advice, in the sense that every stat is valuable (and more). It is, obviously, your call how you invest your stats, and play, but dismissing wisdom by saying that "my intelligence is high enough" is not an idea that holds water, most of the time.

It's actually more important that you maintain your alignment choices than your stat choices. Heh. :)

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom