Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Game News Pathfinder: Kingmaker Kickstarter Update #49: Features Trailer, Beta Releasing On April 5th

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
Tags: Owlcat Games; Pathfinder: Kingmaker

That's right, now it's Pathfinder: Kingmaker's turn to receive a features trailer. Today's Kickstarter update is the first one it's gotten since January. Owlcat have been hard at work for the past few months finalizing the game's beta, which the update announces will be released to eligible backers next week on April 5th. It also confirms that Kingmaker is still on schedule for a final release this summer. I confess that I didn't believe they could make it - I'm still not sure that I do. The game definitely looks good in this trailer, though. Among other things, it gives us our first look at the kingdom management system, which is more complex than I expected. Watch the video here:

The update also reveals that two Paizo leads, James Sutter and John Compton, have been writing for Kingmaker. It includes a sample of one of their dialogues, which is full of choices, skill checks and companion interjections. But I'll let you see that for yourself.

sser

Arcane
Developer
"I’m the ruler of a small nation, and I want a kitten. Deal with it."

Hmm.

Can we buy a kitten then kill the kitty peddler like the prostitutes in GTA?

this game looks fucking sweet as all fuck. I have said this for while and I will say it again--its just a feeling and all I have are these previews but I predict this will be a better RPG than pillars and possibly the best since icewind dale/BG and/or Temple of Elemental Evil. Would not even be all that surprised if it ends up better than those. That is not to say I predict it will sell better. Anyway I hope I am right. For me it won't really be hard for it to be better than Pillars, if it equals or surpasses ToEE I will be extremely happy.

Its likely I will day one purchase a computer game for the first time in a least 5 if not 10 years.

M. AQVILA

Arcane
Finally a proper spiritual sequel to the Baldur's Gate series. Looks interesting.
Is this like Communism? If this fail, people are going to say this is "not the true spiritual sequel to the Baldur's Gate series"?

Pretty much, yeah. Actually if this game sucks then I'm done with CRPGs, it's obvious at this point that there will never be any fun games like those of the old days. The fact that this game uses a DnD like rule set is a big plus, though I don't like t as much as the one in BG.

laclongquan

Arcane
No Resource To Speak of: BP (build point?) some effects.
Village has 8 build slot, extra 1 for wall, extra1 for tower possibly

No wall to surround key feature of a village? that make no sense. it's a historic design: always something to surround every buildings. Even a village that doesnt have resource to build wall WILL build something: a circle of trees/bamboo etc to make natural and cheap wall.

No road to go THROUGH or PASS BY that village? Problematic layout. At least one gate at one end, one gate at the other.

*-*/\--/\~

Cipher
Looks interesting, though the fact that they told me that I'm super speshul a dozen times just in the damn trailer is not a good sign.

AwesomeButton

Proud owner of BG 3: Day of Swen's Tentacle
Patron
PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath
this game looks fucking sweet as all fuck. I have said this for while and I will say it again--its just a feeling and all I have are these previews but I predict this will be a better RPG than pillars and possibly the best since icewind dale/BG and/or Temple of Elemental Evil. Would not even be all that surprised if it ends up better than those. That is not to say I predict it will sell better. Anyway I hope I am right. For me it won't really be hard for it to be better than Pillars, if it equals or surpasses ToEE I will be extremely happy.

Its likely I will day one purchase a computer game for the first time in a least 5 if not 10 years.
Without the presense of renowned masters of RPG design who have worked on the *original* IWD, with all their priceless insight on what makes a good spiritual successor to the IE games?

Impossible! :lol:

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom