Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Game News Pathfinder: Kingmaker Kickstarter Update #50: New Race Unlocked

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
Tags: Owlcat Games; Pathfinder: Kingmaker

The Pathfinder: Kingmaker beta has been running for the past week and a half. There's no NDA this time and gameplay videos are plentiful. Here's a Let's Play series by the Codex's own sstacks:

Impressions of the beta have been positive, and it looks like it's attracted enough attention to the game that Owlcat have finally unlocked their next stretch goal, having reached $1M of funding via preorders. Yes, they're still doing those! In case you've forgotten, the new race stretch goal was originally announced at the end of the Kickstarter campaign last July. And like they said back then, it's up to backers to decide what race will be added. The Kickstarter update explains:

When our Kickstarter campaign ended, we promised that all funds generated by pre-orders and pledge upgrades on https://owlcatgames.com/preorder would go towards unlocking new stretchgoals. And we are happy to announce that the next milestone, a crowdfunding sum of over $1 million, has been reached thanks to your generous help and support! Thank you so much for believing in us!

Our exact crowdfunding sum is now at $1.026.681

This means that we now have the resources to add one more playable race to Pathfinder: Kingmaker. And you get to help us decide which race it's going to be! We have opened a poll on our forums, where all backers get to vote for one of three possible new races. The three options are as follows:

1. Aasimar
2. Dhampir
3. Elemental*

*Humans, whose family trees include elemental beings. If elementals win the vote, we will add playable Sylphs, Undines, Ifrits and Oreads.

You can vote right now by visiting this thread on our dev forums:

https://owlcatgames.com/forums/showthread.php?4221-The-Extra-Race-Poll

Please note - you can only see this thread if you have transferred your Kickstarter pledge to our backer portal or if you are a preorder backer. If you need help transferring your pledge, send a message to team@owlcatgames.com

Thank you once again for making this possible! And who knows - perhaps we can even reach the next milestone of $1.1 million and unlock a new playable class - Hellknights.
If you like what you see and want to help Owlcat reach that last goal, Pathfinder: Kingmaker is available for preorder here.

thesheeep

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2012 Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming! Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Torment: Tides of Numenera Codex USB, 2014 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech Bubbles In Memoria A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
Nah, its gonna be them edgy Dhampyrs for sure
Nope:
feqM99Y.jpg

(image courtesy of Caddy at the Watch - if that is the one who took the screenshot)

Big Wrangle

I guess video games are the ones who really treat dhampyrs as bastards, after all.

That's alright, I always found the elementals in NWN2 to be among the most boring races. Only half-elfs were worse.
Half-elves boring? Well, in NWN and 3.5, yeah, they just suck compared to everyone else. But in Pathfinder (and later D&D) they are much better.

Bohrain

Liturgist
Patron
My team has the sexiest and deadliest waifus you can recruit.
Any estimates on when the game is supposedly released? Q3 or Q4 this year?
So far it looks much more interesting than Deadfire.

PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Serpent in the Staglands Bubbles In Memoria A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire
Is the Pathfinder tabletop more popular than DnD this point?

No. D&D 5e market share is $20,000,000, Pathfinder is $10,000,000.

D&D 5e brought a whole new slew of people into tabletop gaming while Pathfinder consists of 3.5 veterans who will never renounce its systems.

PrettyDeadman

I want Nyanta or some cool undead like Vampire Lord or some Insectoid race with 4 arms and affinity to psychic caster classes.

ArchAngel

Arcane
Is the Pathfinder tabletop more popular than DnD this point?

No. D&D 5e market share is $20,000,000, Pathfinder is $10,000,000.

D&D 5e brought a whole new slew of people into tabletop gaming while Pathfinder consists of 3.5 veterans who will never renounce its systems.
To be fair it was more popular for years while D&D owners thought 4e was actually good LOL

Karwelas

Dwarf Taffer
Patron
Codex Year of the Donut I helped put crap in Monomyth
This game gave me huge hopes since I found out about Dex on it. It may end up as being really good, decent or just plainly bad, but for sure, it is interesting concept. Nothing more then hope (just a little bit) and wait until it gets out.

Also wait, there is Inquisitor class? Who would expect that? I know what I will play, then, on first run.

Last edited:

Elex

Arbiter
This game gave me huge hopes since I found out about Dex on it. It may end up as being really good, decent or just plainly bad, but for sure, it is interesting concept. Nothing more then hope (just a little bit) and wait until it gets out.

Also wait, there in Inquisitor class? Who would expect that? I know what I will play, then, on first run.
yes magus and inquisitor are two class that i always try to build in old games with multiclassing or free character build.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom