Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Pathfinder: Kingmaker Modding Thread

NJClaw

OoOoOoOoOoh
Patron
Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture
What are you trying to do? You really shouldn't need a main for anything outside testing purposes (I've never developed a mod, but I guess you just need a class library with an entry point defined in a configuration file). I guess you are trying to run your mod, but why?

Also, remove immediately that exclamation mark from the project name or I'm going to punch you.

Pink Eye

Monk
Patron
I'm very into cock and ball torture
How is it that this retarded shit works.
axe26Eu.png
But this retarded shit doesn't work. HOLY KEK!
eggoJ9L.png

Last edited:

NJClaw

OoOoOoOoOoh
Patron
The first retarded shit works because it defines a static method called Main: when you run your program, that method gets found and called.

The second retarded shit doesn't work because there's no Main method to call.

NJClaw

OoOoOoOoOoh
Patron
Your mod doesn't need a Main method, because your mod manager (or whatever Unity uses) will simply call some method with a predefined name (I guess this method is this "Load" you already wrote).

You can't simply run a class library without a Main method. You need to write your Main method somewhere and then call whatever shit you wrote in your class library.

Pink Eye

Monk
Patron
>You need to write your Main method somewhere and then call whatever shit you wrote in your class library.
How the fuck does one even achieve that....

NJClaw

OoOoOoOoOoh
Patron
I'm going to put it in terms you can understand: a class library (your second project) is a weapon, let's say a quarterstaff (or a fist). You need someone that can use said weapon, let's say a monk. The Main method is your monk.

>You need to write your Main method somewhere and then call whatever shit you wrote in your class library.
How the fuck does one even achieve that....
In the exact same way you already did in your Giraffe project. You need a class ("Program") with a "public static void Main(string[] args) { ... } method. This method is the one that gets invoked when you run your project. Inside this method you need to access your other classes/methods, exactly like in your Giraffe Main you are using "Console.WriteLine()".

NJClaw

OoOoOoOoOoh
Patron
Also, remove immediately that exclamation mark from the project name or I'm going to punch you.
Fuck best practice. Monks! are always something to celebrate and as such always deserve an exclamation mark.
You absolute fucking degenerate, avoiding special characters in names is not simply a "best practice". It's the only true basis of our civilization.

Pink Eye

Monk
Patron
Kek. I need a breather. I've been doing this shit for three days with about 3-4 hours of sleep. Anons are having trouble posting! Wake up mods!

Ontopoly

Disco Hitler
Fuck best practice. Monks! are always something to celebrate and as such always deserve an exclamation mark.
You absolute fucking degenerate, avoiding special characters in names is not simply a "best practice". It's the only true basis of our civilization.
The true basis of our society is to revel in the greatness that is monks! Now can you get back to helping pink eye learn how to code so that he can make monks even more op? He really needs this or else his 20th playthrough as a monk won't even be worth it.

NJClaw

OoOoOoOoOoh
Patron
Kek. I need a breather. I've been doing this shit for three days with about 3-4 hours of sleep. Anons are having trouble posting! Wake up mods!
Before starting to work on a complex project, you really should learn how software and its development work. You also need to understand the basis of computer science and, if you are going to write C# code, you absolutely have to get familiar with the fundamental concepts of object oriented programming.

Ontopoly

Disco Hitler
Pink eye keep posting your progress here. I'm excited to see you learn and grow and see what you're able to do in the future. Maybe one day you'll get your own developer tag, who knows what the future holds.

Tacgnol

Shitlord
Patron
Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Grab the Codex by the pussy RPG Wokedex Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I helped put crap in Monomyth
You should really learn the basics of the .net platform and C# before attempting anything like this.

Learn to walk before you run and all that.

Tacgnol

Shitlord
Patron
Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Grab the Codex by the pussy RPG Wokedex Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I helped put crap in Monomyth
Just a suggestion, but you might not want to post screenshots with what I assume is your real name visible.

It often doesn't end well on this place.

Pink Eye

Monk
Patron
>Valerie! I will tell you how to do it now don't worry
Jesus Chirst anon! I thought the scary 404 got us back there.

>First of did you download both of the other guys files?
Yeah. I posted the files here. Anon never told us HOW he did it. It's either we continue learning how to do C# or we keep fucking around until something happens. Mate, I'm knees deep in shit and don't know which way is up or down...

Last edited:

Tacgnol

Shitlord
Patron
First of did you download both of the other guys files?
Yeah. I posted the files here. Anon never told us HOW he did it. It's either we continue learning how to do C# or we keep fucking around until something happens. Mate, I'm knees deep in shit and don't know which way is up or down...

If you want to copy someone elses mod, just decompile it with an app like JustDecompile.

It's very hard to obfuscate .net apps/dlls, and the code will probably stay mostly intact.

First of did you download both of the other guys files?
Well we may as well wait for that anon to comeback in the new thread, in the meantime i'm finishing the video
1 more hour left

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom