Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Game News Pathfinder: The Dragon's Demand now on Kickstarter

Infinitron

I post news
Patron
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
Tags: Alan Miranda; Ossian Studios; Pathfinder: The Dragon's Demand

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/ossianstudios/pathfinder-the-dragons-demand

Pathfinder: The Dragon’s Demand is a single-player, turn-based CRPG that takes role-playing back to its roots with miniature-based characters and digital dice to recreate the look and feel of a tabletop RPG. But it opens up a whole new dimension by allowing miniatures to climb walls and trees, fly through the sky, and swim to underwater depths using an innovative three-dimensional grid system that delivers true 3D tactical combat.

Developed by Baldur’s Gate and Neverwinter Nights veterans, Pathfinder: The Dragon’s Demand features a comprehensive implementation of the remastered Pathfinder Second Edition rules in a classic CRPG format. Players can create character builds from 7 ancestries, 16 classes, and more than 30 backgrounds, customizable with hundreds of different armors and weapons. They will also encounter a cast of colorful companions who will be on hand to join their party in exploring a wide, interactive world filled with hundreds of unique characters and dozens of rich quests.

Based on the Pathfinder module The Dragon’s Demand by fan-favorite adventure designer Mike Shel, this expanded adaptation provides over 30 hours of immersive gameplay, where the world of Golarion is brought to life by cutting edge audio and visual effects, a beautiful musical score, and professional voice acting.

Our goal in bringing all of these aspects together is to recreate those feelings of excitement and discovery that make the best tabletop campaigns so memorable.

Story
Deep within the ancient Verduran Forest of Taldor, in a treacherous swampland known as the Dragonfen, there exists a tale about the dragon tyrant Aeteperax, slain a thousand years ago by a band of warriors led by a valiant dragonslayer. Now, Aeteperax has inexplicably risen from death to threaten the small town of Belhaim on the edge of the Dragonfen. A new generation of heroes must hunt down and slay the dragon before it razes Belhaim to the ground!

This expanded version of The Dragon’s Demand adventure will include an entire region filled with intriguing sidequests, perilous mysteries, and cunning monsters. Player characters will experience a brand new, personal story that touches upon the same darkness that has drawn Aeteperax back from the grave: the Dark Tapestry. In the black voids between the stars lurk the ancient Great Old Ones, whose terrible cyclopean powers can captivate souls and destroy worlds.​

Jermu

Arbiter
Patron
1.785 mil for the last stretch goal is pretty ambitious

1727204809456.png

I'm just gonna buy this

The Wall

Dumbfuck!
Dumbfuck Zionist Agent
It's made by guy who used to be straight and then learned to gradually suck jewish goblin mean cock. He wants to teach you how to suck cock tell you a story set in modern day San Francisco inside fantasy forest. Villain is Trump Dragon

Mortmal

Arcane
female warrior - check
make that two female warriors - double check
black wizard - check
non-binary goblin genius - check
white male developer - check

alright boys it's GAMING time!
It perfectly illustrates the hypocrisy of RPG development. The project leads are 100% white men, 30 to 40 years old, who would fit in perfectly among the Codex gallery. The audience is 70% (I would say 90%, but whatever) of the same demographic, yet this demographic is completely eradicated from the group of adventurers. The goal of $328k seems very ambitious — I'd be surprised if it goes over $130k.

Vulpes

Scholar
WTF are these stretch goals? 800k for the first DLC? They are out of their minds if they think a low-level Pathfinder 2E campaign can raise that kind of money

Zurat-Yarkuch

Savant
It perfectly illustrates the hypocrisy of RPG development. The project leads are 100% white men, 30 to 40 years old, who would fit in perfectly among the Codex gallery. The audience is 70% (I would say 90%, but whatever) of the same demographic, yet this demographic is completely eradicated from the group of adventurers. The goal of $328k seems very ambitious — I'd be surprised if it goes over $130k.
Wait, is everyone here being ironic or something? Alan Miranda clearly has some first nations' blood in him. Maybe cause I'm Canadian that really stood out to me. The fact that everyone else here just assumed he was a pure European white guy is honestly pretty fucking hilarious to me.

Fargus

Arcane
Definitely seems like it's intended to be a launchpad for serial game releases. Hopefully it's good and we get a nice pipeline of RPG modules. I remember reading up on PF2E rules a loooong time ago when they came out and I wasn't impressed though. The only thing I remember being positive of was the 3 AP system.

Mortmal

Arcane
I could see a strong female warrior, but a black wizard? Now THAT'S hilarious!

Codexers always get butt blasted about iconic archetypes. Who doesn't have this spring to mind when they're thinking about what a wizard is?

View attachment 55437
It’s not the problem. You can see a pattern nowadays of systematically removing white men from the illustrations. I have nothing against adding Black wizards, but I take issue when it turns into a pseudo-fantasized modern diversity that doesn’t reflect the customer base at all.

2150838-19179107.jpg

But do you see that? Thulsa doom , cant be more classic, a very iconic and well-played villain, but that’s not possible anymore, as such role is now strictly for white guys.

Mortmal

Arcane
Wait, is everyone here being ironic or something? Alan Miranda clearly has some first nations' blood in him. Maybe cause I'm Canadian that really stood out to me. The fact that everyone else here just assumed he was a pure European white guy is honestly pretty fucking hilarious to me.
Ah, now that I'm taking a second look, you might be right. Using a similar palette as in Dragon's Demand makes it a bit more obvious.

wT4iTDZ.png

mediocrepoet

Philosoraptor in Residence
Patron
Codex 2012 Codex+ Now Streaming! MCA Project: Eternity Divinity: Original Sin 2
female warrior - check
make that two female warriors - double check
black wizard - check
non-binary goblin genius - check
white male developer - check

alright boys it's GAMING time!

Is this for real, btw? I didn't watch the trailer or anything. Just curious, because any time I think of D&D goblins, which are still basically Pathfinder goblins (just with art that isn't completely shitty), I think of a society that is really concerned about pronouns and gender expression.

R@tmaster

Educated
So game will be using a square grid then. Really weird choice for a crpg. That means movement points will be represented as real numbers or rounded to int. With rounding, pathfinding won't work well. So it will be pathfinder game with bad pathfinding.

Last edited:

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom