Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Pathfinder Pathfinder: Wrath of the Righteous Beta Thread [GAME RELEASED, GO TO NEW THREAD]

Pink Eye

Monk
Patron
I'm very into cock and ball torture
Yeah. We're not allowed to say anything here. :(
I want to tell you all about the cool monk stuff. But I simply can't!

Gay-Lussac

Arcane
Sheeet, reply with a wink wink if that means they've implemented new combat styles and stuff

I'm not rolling another monk as Scaled Fist / Dragon Disciple was my MC for Kingmaker, but I have soft spot in my heart for them too

Efe

Erudite
Its sad that there arent any new archetypes in alpha... hopefully they will be added by beta

Cryomancer

Arcane
Glory to Ukraine
Can you at least say what level does the gameplay range from? And if necromancy is good like on the first game? Is not detailed information.

Lacrymas

Arcane
Pathfinder: Wrath
Of course they had to make him as human-like as possible (to the point of some people thinking he's "too sexy" and covering up his chest in the "redesign"). I'd have loved to see a more grotesque mongrelman.

Cryomancer

Arcane
Glory to Ukraine
I know that you can't share detailed information about the alfa but please. I need to know. Is necromancy on wrath of the righteous GOOD as on first game? You don't need to enter in details with lich mythic path. If my country din't had devalued currency, i would have a alpha access too. Is spells like cloudkill, finger of death and animate dead amazing like on pfkm?

NJClaw

OoOoOoOoOoh
Patron
Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture
I know that you can't share detailed information about the alfa but please. I need to know. Is necromancy on wrath of the righteous GOOD as on first game? You don't need to enter in details with lich mythic path. If my country din't had devalued currency, i would have a alpha access too. Is spells like cloudkill, finger of death and animate dead amazing like on pfkm?
I think we can safely assume everything will be the same, they have no reason to change anything, especially after having spent more than a year solving bugs. We will get more classes and subclasses, but everything that already was in Kingmaker will stay exactly the same in WotR (the only exception will be very minor details).

Also, Cloudkill is a conjuration spell. You betrayed your beloved specialization!

Cryomancer

Arcane
Glory to Ukraine
I think we can safely assume everything will be the same, they have no reason to change anything, especially after having spent more than a year solving bugs. We will get more classes and subclasses, but everything that already was in Kingmaker will stay exactly the same in WotR (the only exception will be very minor details).

Also, Cloudkill is a conjuration spell. You betrayed your beloved specialization!

Yep. Cloudkill is a conjuration spell BUT Dread Necromancer(3.5e) can cast this spell( https://www.dndtools.net/classes/dread-necromancer/spells-level-5/ )

And synergizes well with necromancy effects. Due the CON damage, it makes enemy saves VS most necromancer spells less likely to be saved. And due poison damage, my conjured undead can fight in middle of the cloud.

InD_ImaginE

Arcane
Patron
Pathfinder: Wrath
o, they should maintain everything as close as possible to P&P.

I can understand not nerfing, but not buffing?

Some Archetypes are clearly worse than the base-class that there is no reason to use them. BUffing them so there are reasons to play them is good. No need to make them all Sword Saint Magus good, but at least not "Jesus this Archetype is pretty much gimping my self."

Anonona

Learned
they should buff weaker archetypes.

No, they should maintain everything as close as possible to P&P. A lot of people complain about Kineticist being OP but i rather having a OP option than a ultra nerfed class. Eg : NWN2 warlocks that are unplayable without warlock-reworked mod.

I'm pretty sure that if they actually stick closer to PnP, many archetypes would be stronger naturally because of missing skills and feats, like crafting, which would make Scroll Savant better, Empower Metamagic, which also would benefit casters all around, etc. Besides, who talked about nerfing? He is asking for the opposite, make weak options more viable and leaving the rest as is. Also I would be careful what you wish for, if they stick as close as possible to PnP, the game would be turn based, and higher difficulties wouldn't increase enemies stats.

Cryomancer

Arcane
Glory to Ukraine
Some Archetypes are clearly worse than the base-class that there is no reason to use them. BUffing them so there are reasons to play them is good. No need to make them all Sword Saint Magus good, but at least not "Jesus this Archetype is pretty much gimping my self."
Also I would be careful what you wish for, if they stick as close as possible to PnP, the game would be turn based, and higher difficulties wouldn't increase enemies stats.

Yes, both are right. Sorry about the misinterpretation. Buffs are welcomed, nerfs are bad. mainly when they help to translate a thing from P&P. For eg, IMO Wings from PCs and mobs should IGNORE ground based effects like Deadly Earth. It will not directly nerf deadly earth but would make it more consistent with P&P ruleset. But some people demand a direct nerf on deadly earth(which i an against).

I honestly rather not seeing a class/archetype/spell than seeing it nerfed.

edit : Is just that is SO frustrating to see my favorite classes being nerfed in so many games...

Last edited:

Thonius

Arcane
Aren't demons immune to poison? Like, they supposed to be immune to electricity or disease I think.
Edit. Immune to electricity and poison. RIP assasins.

Cryomancer

Arcane
Glory to Ukraine
Edit. Immune to electricity and poison. RIP assasins.

There are mythic paths, but i don't know if it allow assassins to bypass immunities. On P&P, it is possible to bypass poison immunity

HW8sGmq.png

https://www.d20pfsrd.com/magic/all-spells/c/cloudkill/

What mythic paths assassins can be?

Yosharian

Arcane
Owlcat NEEDS to consider the balance of the game, rather than porting stuff as-is. There is a ton of stuff in PnP that is hopelessly shit.

In Kingmaker half the archetypes are fucking awful and not even worth taking.

I'm not saying divert too much from PnP (those animal companions were insanely overpowered) but at the same time porting everything without caring about whether it's even worth taking over the base class is silly.

Ol'man

Educated
I'm in. Hopefully some Russian doesn't give me radiation poisoning for saying the following:

Old stuff seems to be straight ported as is.

Including but not limited to corrupting my saves from hitting f5 too often.

Lots of new stuff.

Cryomancer

Arcane
Glory to Ukraine
Owlcat NEEDS to consider the balance of the game, rather than porting stuff as-is.

All changes made for "balance" sake resulted in a worst game. I prefer 1000 times the Kineticist with composite Deadly Earth as a "win button" than the Warlocks on NWN2 with chilling tentacles that NEVER hits the enemy(a fix +5 AB compared to Caster Level + 8 AB on P&P) and no grapple routine and useless invocations like Word of changing which on P&P can permanently transform the enemy into a TOAD and on game transforms the warlock into a weakling demon

For me who enjoy a lot to play as Dark Magicians, Necromancer specialized wizards, warlocks on 3.5e, Sorcerers of Abyssal or Undead bloodline on PFKM, etc; i an extremely concerned with any change because my "class fantasy" is the most likely to be destroyed by huge nerfs.

I realize that Create undead which can raise a lot of creatures from a Ghoul to a Undead War Elephant is hard to be proper implemented but as longs there aren't something atrocious like "single summon limit", i an fine with anything. In fact, they should have something like CL * 2 HD worth of controlled creatures. More than it doesn't make that the creature is dispelled. You just lose control over creatures. One of the changes that i hated the most from beamdog to BG1/2 is the awful 5 summon limit. You can have 5 Efreets but not 6 1 hit dice skeletons. 3.5e has the best restriction of summons.

But again, i an not against buffing things. But any nerf will just make the game worst.

Eg - Martial classes that are always boring, at least for me, gaining a "decapitation" manuver which is similar to spell slay living can be cool. Bards able to seduce enemies too.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom