Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Pathfinder Pathfinder: Wrath of the Righteous - Enhanced Edition - now with A Dance of Masks epilogue DLC

mkultra

Augur
Look like a good collection, but I'll probably be rather using it for BG or some other DnD game, because it would be way out of place compared to the in-game artwork.
The original portraits ranges from kind of a World of Warcraft (cartoony) look to quite realistic.. But yes, this style is gritter, at least for most portraits, i do have some cute ones for the Halfling females, for example. I might do an optional download and call it "lore friendly" or something with those characters (there's perhaps 10 or so).

The packs i've ran across takes images from the web or from other RPG's, some even mixes in real photos, which i think is a much worse mix..

I do think it's possible to change the NPC portraits too, so maybe i'll go all-in and do a gritty version of the game so everything fits better. It can be both good and bad i guess, but it would be an optional download if so..

(As for BG i do have a pack here; https://www.nexusmods.com/baldursgate2ee/mods/68/ it's not updated yet with these new ones.)

Desiderius

Found your egg, Robinett, you sneaky bastard
Patron
Insert Title Here Pathfinder: Wrath
I got fed up and cheated my way through the gray garrison fight. It's the most bugged encounter I've ever suffered through in a game. Basically no spells worked. And that's a big problem, since it seems like the whole fight is balanced around the player and their companions being super buffed, especially with their spells (spell DC is 66 for the combat). I'm going to assume it's the mods I have installed, because there's no way that the big story fight for a chapter could be this bugged.
What mods do you have? What spells are you using?

Sound Burst should Stun the two threats (Minagho and Vrock). If you don’t Stun them they can get you with their own abilities on high difficulties and it doesn’t matter how buffed you are. If it’s not working you’ve got a mod problem.

In RTwP you can also interrupt them with damage.

Blackmill

Scholar
I got fed up and cheated my way through the gray garrison fight. It's the most bugged encounter I've ever suffered through in a game. Basically no spells worked. And that's a big problem, since it seems like the whole fight is balanced around the player and their companions being super buffed, especially with their spells (spell DC is 66 for the combat). I'm going to assume it's the mods I have installed, because there's no way that the big story fight for a chapter could be this bugged.

Okay, I found the problem mod. It's called "Magic Time" and it adds a buggy implementation of the Pact Wizard which is an archetype I really like. For whatever reason, it was preventing spells and spell-like abilities from affecting enemies, as well as most beneficial abilities (like channel energy) from affecting my own party. Now that I can play the fight as intended, I see the mod was also inhibiting if not entirely blocking the player's martial combat buff.

Yosharian

Arcane
Haplo apparently mobility trickster can respond to ranged snap shot AOOs from enemy archers with a melee mobility counterattack even if they are not in range

Stoned Ape

Savant
Apparently my main character's Smite Evil seems to stack with Seelah's Mark of Justice. Seems a bit odd.

Hits-vs-Deskari.jpg

Haplo

Prophet
Patron
Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire
Apparently my main character's Smite Evil seems to stack with Seelah's Mark of Justice. Seems a bit odd.

Hits-vs-Deskari.jpg
It'd further stack with Smite Chaos, should you have a Hellknight level.
Apprently even one character can stack 3 Smites: Evil+Chaos+Mark of Justice.

Tabletop Tweaks fixes that.

Haplo

Prophet
Patron
So I read the notes of Tabletop Tweaks and, if I understand correctly, if I use a kitsune polymorphed into human for Master Shapeshifter, I won't be able to use size buffs?
Guess it makes sense according to the rules. But that makes Master Shapeshifter a bit weak. Having Microscopic Proportions and not being able to use it? Oh well, seems like I can play a non-kitsune at last. And a Mythic Ability point saved! Ever Ready 2 Ranks sooner. Yay!

In TTT you can pick and choose Alternate Racial Traits, so that I could even configure a decent gnome with 30 Speed, some neat skill bonuses and decent stats. No racial Dexterity bonus -> no access to TTT Graceful Athlete, though. And that could be handy to support related Tricks.
Think I'm gonna go with Garuda Blooded Aasimar. A bit boring, but should be okay.

Last edited:

Haplo

Prophet
Patron
I'm still not brave enough to try modding WotR yet; will probably try TTT out when Owlcat have totally given up patching the base game.
Well, I finally decided to try it for the Mobility build. Its win some, loose some (like the Mythic Shapeshifter + stackes Size bonuses.. apparently Microscopic also used to stack with Reduce?)... but really like the Trickster modifications overall - particularly the additional Improved Trick at MR5 and changed Perception 2 - with an overall lower power ceiling, no boost to spellcasting (and I guess it doesn't help allies?) - but perhaps even more practical and no longer a nasty feat sink.
The change to Mobility 3 is pretty neat also - not sure if absolutely necesary, but certainly makes it much more desirable - and the way the system is designed, you can't can't get many different higher tier Tricks - and those you do, largely come too late.

Edit: I must say that after my Sanctified Slayer, not having high Perception really sucks...
So does being Dex based fighter with no Finesse Training/Fencing/Slashing Grace, no damage dice added and no pet. At least the Mutagen can make my Str mediocre, rather then just bad.

Last edited:

Yosharian

Arcane

Hits-vs-Deskari.jpg

Don't forget the Order of the Sword ability that adds CHA to AB/DMG (it also adds damage equal to your Cav level)

There are some other pseudo-Smites you can pick up too

Yosharian

Arcane
So I read the notes of Tabletop Tweaks and, if I understand correctly, if I use a kitsune polymorphed into human for Master Shapeshifter, I won't be able to use size buffs?
Guess it makes sense according to the rules. But that makes Master Shapeshifter a bit weak. Having Microscopic Proportions and not being able to use it? Oh well, seems like I can play a non-kitsune at last. And a Mythic Ability point saved! Ever Ready 2 Ranks sooner. Yay!

In TTT you can pick and choose Alternate Racial Traits, so that I could even configure a decent gnome with 30 Speed, some neat skill bonuses and decent stats. No racial Dexterity bonus -> no access to TTT Graceful Athlete, though. And that could be handy to support related Tricks.
Think I'm gonna go with Garuda Blooded Aasimar. A bit boring, but should be okay.
Apparently they might even be bringing this Master Shapeshifter 'fix' to the vanilla game

Why exactly do you miss Perception on your MC?

Lambach

Arcane
Possibly Retarded
I got so worn out by Chapter 4 that I did something I don't think I've ever done before: I started playthrough #2 before finishing playthrough #1.

As planned, this time I'm LARPing a goody-two-shoes Azata Bard, with a focus on melee and making everyone shit themselves in fear with sky-high Persuasion, Dazzling Display and Cornugon Smash, then doing a metric fuckload of damage with Attacks of Opportunity as the victims are running away.

It's a vastly different playthrough, and I mean mechanically too, not just narratively. With my merged Sorc/Lich, I'm mostly a one-man party, draining everyone of levels and Attribute points to death or blasting them with no SR, no Save damage Spells, while the rest of the party is mostly there to tank and clean up.

With the Azata Bard, the party functions much more like a cohesive unit, in which p. much everyone is empowered to be a fucking beast in their own right, then beefed up even further by party synergy. I was actually able to annihilate the Red Dragon in Chapter 3 with nothing but buffs and regular attacks in 2 rounds, and if you remember, I was crying about how I had to cheese it with a million Animate Dead skeletons and Exsanguinate spam earlier. I was not even aware of Guarded Hearth before, I found out about it while looking up a decent build for Sosiel, and that ability is ridiculously overpowered, a real game-changer in fights against these sky-high AC bosses.

My current MC feels a lot weaker than the Sorc/Lich one, but the party overall is definitively stronger and I'm having a lot of fun with it - being able to pass p. much every Skill Check put in front of me, which was not the case before, is also pretty neat. Though, I am already starting to miss those ridiculous DCs and Caster Levels, so I'll probably go back to the previous character as soon as I hit Chapter 4 with the current one.

Lambach

Arcane
Possibly Retarded
How was glory domain fixed?

If you're asking because I mentioned Guarded Hearth, that's from the Community Domain.

But in general, not all Domains are made equal, and that's blatantly obvious. I only started studying them more because I wanted Sosiel instead of Daeran in this Good-aligned party. The Community Domain and Animal Domain are objectively superior to p. much any other, and there is no valid reason not to pick those, other than role-playing reasons.

Glory Domain gives you a very subpar version of Good Hope at level 8, while Community gives you +AB and Saves equal to your WIS modifier for a full hour (+7 AB and Saves for me at the moment, which is gigantic). Strength Domain gives you a boost to Athletics skill checks (lmao), while Animal Domain gives you another fairly powerful party member whom you don't have to worry about dying, because it doesn't need Spells to come back to life, just a rest. Etc.

ga♥

Arcane
Vatnik
How was glory domain fixed?

If you're asking because I mentioned Guarded Hearth, that's from the Community Domain.

No, I am asking about the glory domain ability that would have increased CHA for 1 hour (with the amount being level/2 CHA, so +10 at level 20) which was broken as fuck and a bug already present in kingmaker.

I want to know how it works now.

Lambach

Arcane
Possibly Retarded
No, I am asking about the glory domain ability that would have increased CHA for 1 hour (with the amount being level/2 CHA, so +10 at level 20) which was broken as fuck and a bug already present in kingmaker.

Just re-spec'd Sosiel (patch 1.3.7) to test this, and there is no CHA boost. It seems to be working per description - it gives you a boost to (one) CHA-based Skill Check, not the Ability Score itself.

ga♥

Arcane
Vatnik

Just re-spec'd Sosiel (patch 1.3.7) to test this, and there is no CHA boost. It seems to be working per description - it gives you a boost to (one) CHA-based Skill Check, not the Ability Score itself.

Thanks, next playthrough I will stick to community and maybe knowledge then.

Haplo

Prophet
Patron

Why exactly do you miss Perception on your MC?
Cause I hate missing stuff :)

Effortlessly passing all checks basically from the start is damn convenient.
Like now I couldn't detect the torch to open a door in the Shield Maze. Not that I wouldn't kill those cultists with the note anyway :)

Haplo

Prophet
Patron

Hits-vs-Deskari.jpg

Don't forget the Order of the Sword ability that adds CHA to AB/DMG (it also adds damage equal to your Cav level)

There are some other pseudo-Smites you can pick up too

Don't think its Order of the Sword. Lion? Or maybe Star?

Haplo

Prophet
Patron
Nah, there's a pretty high check for it, though. Like DC 30.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom