Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Pathfinder Pathfinder: Wrath of the Righteous - Enhanced Edition - now with A Dance of Masks epilogue DLC

Stoned Ape

Savant
A run doesn't take very long, but there's plenty of incentive to try another.

Record.jpg

Desiderius

Found your egg, Robinett, you sneaky bastard
Patron
Insert Title Here Pathfinder: Wrath
Swarms.jpg

Player base: "We don't like swarms much."

Owlcat: "How about a 253 HP 22nd level swarm on a 10th level island that can kill your entire party in a few rounds with unresistable CON drain while making sure the majority of your party can do absolutely nothing to it and your support mage has to slowly chew through all those HP with area effect spells."
That's why they made it Evil for you. Versatility is a thing with value. Sacrificing it to chase memes has a price.

Roguelike is designed to be regularly restarted to incorporate lessoned learned, it's part of the genre.

Lightning is already good vs Undead, I know Ice Body stops stat drain but it's too early for that, Dhampir on your side would be immune to it. I'll have Fast Bombs at that point but not quite Mark of Justice yet. You don't get base damage on weapons but you do get weapon enchant stuff.

I will be finding out if a Tanglefoot Bomb can hold it in place.

Last edited:

Desiderius

Patron
This might've been discussed in the thread already, but is it possible to make an effective Summon-focused build here (Core or above difficulty) ?
I'd say no, there is absolutely no way. Summons are just too weak, and disappear quickly enough that you can't put most buffs on them.
Summons are decent meat shields, but expecting them to hit anything for meaningful damage is asking too much.
Both the Bard summoner and the Inquisitor have min/lvl Summons. HKs is hr/lvl.

Like Stoned Ape I’m not much of a summoner. I mainly use them to tie up adds on fights like Playful. But I’ve noticed them doing some damage when I do. No reason a dedicated summoner shouldn’t be able to do more than that.

Last edited:

Desiderius

Patron
There are fixes which didn't make it into the patch notes apparently. According to Vek, the mastermind behind the TTT mod, they've completely rebuilt the code behind the Brown-Fur Transmuter capstone ability and it now works correctly.

(Previously it was disappearing on load etc)

The game is definitely getting there but there are still bad bugs affecting some classes.

For example, the Cavalier has an ability Mighty Charge which is meant to give you the option to perform combat maneuvers for free when you charge, without incurring AOOs as you usually do.

1) You don't get to choose the maneuvers, you automatically get a trip and a bull rush

2) If the bull rush is successful then the target gets pushed away from you and and remaining iterative attacks you had on the target (i.e. in the case of pounce charging) are wasted and do nothing

3) You incur two attacks of opportunity. On your rider, not your mount. The game only lets one AOO occur because Owlcode, but still.

This ability basically ruins my pounce charge build that I'm working on so I have to remove it with Toy Box. Not ideal.
Wow, that's... terrible.
I wonder why I haven't seen this mentioned sooner.
Because you taught everyone to Trip instead lol.

Stoned Ape

Savant
That's why they made it Evil for you. Versatility is a thing with value. Sacrificing it to chase memes has a price.

Roguelike is designed to be regularly restarted to incorporate lessoned learned, it's part of the genre.

Lightning is already good vs Undead, I know Ice Body stops stat drain but it's too early for that, Dhampir on your side would be immune to it. I'll have Fast Bombs at that point but not quite Mark of Justice yet. You don't get base damage on weapons but you do get weapon enchant stuff.

It's seriously not worth engaging it, better to just steal the loot and run. If you somehow do kill it, you'll probably earn around 150 XP which doesn't really seem to be worth stressing over.

I was having quite a bit of fun using spells and skills to just steal stuff rather than fighting for it because some of the mobs are over-levelled and would probably take enough resources to kill to require a rest after fighting them, and you get multiple times more XP for finishing a level than for killing everything in it.

BTW; this wasn't the final island in the chain and I was running short on rests at this point. I think you probably have to save one to use just before the final island, because it seems to be the most difficult and generally has a comparatively tough boss at the end.

ArchAngel

Arcane
Swarms.jpg

Player base: "We don't like swarms much."

Owlcat: "How about a 253 HP 22nd level swarm on a 10th level island that can kill your entire party in a few rounds with unresistable CON drain while making sure the majority of your party can do absolutely nothing to it and your support mage has to slowly chew through all those HP with area effect spells."
Well it is a rogue like dungeon, expect you will not finish it on first try.

Desiderius

Patron

It's seriously not worth engaging it, better to just steal the loot and run. If you somehow do kill it, you'll probably earn around 150 XP which doesn't really seem to be worth stressing over.

I was having quite a bit of fun using spells and skills to just steal stuff rather than fighting for it because some of the mobs are over-levelled and would probably take enough resources to kill to require a rest after fighting them, and you get multiple times more XP for finishing a level than for killing everything in it.

BTW; this wasn't the final island in the chain and I was running short on rests at this point. I think you probably have to save one to use just before the final island, because it seems to be the most difficult and generally has a comparatively tough boss at the end.
Totally agree. That’s why I try to get Stealth as high as possible. I’d imagine you’ll run into some that are unavoidable so need to have a plan.

I wonder if temporary CON gets drained first.

Yosharian

Arcane
Compilation of bugs I have discovered in the last week alone testing my new builds:
demanding.jpg

dawnflower.jpg

mightycharge.jpg

Level 20 Oracles don't receive the correct buff when using these abilities:
friendtoanimals.jpg

radiance.jpg

spirited.jpg

wolf.jpg

Infinitron

I post news
Patron
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
https://store.steampowered.com/news/app/1184370/view/3342255406622476575

Update 1.4.2а

Ahoy, sailors!

A hotfix for different issues is already here, and your travels through the Midnight Isles will become more smooth. Now all achievments will rightfully go to the courageous captains, and game will not crash at the very beginning of your journey.

Miscellaneous
  • Some islands did not reset after player characters leaving. Resolution: fixed;
  • The game sometimes crashed when the player's characters were sent to the first island. Resolution: fixed;
  • Fixed the achievements.
7f9b51b5197715e0a72e504a9f9a6eb684838f37.png

Haplo

Prophet
Patron
Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire
haplo by they way, was the best class combination to fight mounted and dismounted inside? cavalier 1 rest mutated warrior?
Mounted? IMO 8 levels in inquisitor for Travel Domain + Domain Zealot - Sanctified Slayer if main class, Sacred Huntsmaster if you want the bare minimum (and are gunning for Legend Cavalier 20 for example), possibly cleric instead - if going for angel.
Then some Sohei or Gendarme cavalier. If Sacred Huntsmaster, can possibly mix 5 levels of Mutation Warrior with 1 Sohei if you want Weapon Training with Sohei Flurry in any weapon and don't mind 1 level lower pet. 8 levels in Gendarme Order of the Sword is also good for Mounted Mastery (pet Str to damage on charge). Otherwise 3 levels in Order of the Cockatrice for 3 feats and +2 AB vs shaken.
Race obviously kitsune.

Can't see why you'd want to dismount, though.

Hobo Elf

Arcane
Thought I'd enjoy the new DLC, but didn't think I'd like it quite as much as I have. I think there's still improvements that can be done to the dungeon layouts and generation and hope that they'll improve on in their 40k game (I'm gonna take a wild guess that it'll have similar kind of DLC) but otherwise I think this is going to be my preferred way of playing Wrath from now on. I enjoyed the 60 something hours of the campaign that I played but after a while the experience starts to weigh down with all the distractions that keep me from the dungeon crawling and combat. I'll miss the mythic path stuff since I liked that a lot, but I don't feel like it's worth it for me to keep replaying such a massive game for them alone.

Stoned Ape

Savant
Thought I'd enjoy the new DLC, but didn't think I'd like it quite as much as I have. I think there's still improvements that can be done to the dungeon layouts and generation and hope that they'll improve on in their 40k game (I'm gonna take a wild guess that it'll have similar kind of DLC) but otherwise I think this is going to be my preferred way of playing Wrath from now on. I enjoyed the 60 something hours of the campaign that I played but after a while the experience starts to weigh down with all the distractions that keep me from the dungeon crawling and combat. I'll miss the mythic path stuff since I liked that a lot, but I don't feel like it's worth it for me to keep replaying such a massive game for them alone.
You do get access to a mythic path in the DLC when you get to 6th-7th level as well. Only problem is there's not enough time to max them out (I only got to Mythic 3 by the end of my first run).

Hobo Elf

Arcane
You do get access to a mythic path in the DLC when you get to 6th-7th level as well. Only problem is there's not enough time to max them out (I only got to Mythic 3 by the end of my first run).
I mean the story content that comes with the Mythic paths, not that you couldn't get them at all.

Desiderius

Patron
haplo by they way, was the best class combination to fight mounted and dismounted inside? cavalier 1 rest mutated warrior?
Mounted? IMO 8 levels in inquisitor for Travel Domain + Domain Zealot - Sanctified Slayer if main class, Sacred Huntsmaster if you want the bare minimum (and are gunning for Legend Cavalier 20 for example), possibly cleric instead - if going for angel.
Then some Sohei or Gendarme cavalier. If Sacred Huntsmaster, can possibly mix 5 levels of Mutation Warrior with 1 Sohei if you want Weapon Training with Sohei Flurry in any weapon and don't mind 1 level lower pet. 8 levels in Gendarme Order of the Sword is also good for Mounted Mastery (pet Str to damage on charge). Otherwise 3 levels in Order of the Cockatrice for 3 feats and +2 AB vs shaken.
Race obviously kitsune.

Or just play a Mounted class. You’re burning half the bonus feats you’re chasing on some those builds with Boon. Cav Orders have some nice abilities they unlock mid/endgame that you can’t see on main sheet.

Hunters can dismount early and mount once their pet grows.

Stoned Ape

Savant
Or just play a Mounted class. You’re burning half the bonus feats you’re chasing on some those builds with Boon. Cav Orders have some nice abilities they unlock mid/endgame that you can’t see on main sheet.

Hunters can dismount early and mount once their pet grows.

I'm quite enjoying my second party so far, just reached 5th level:

Half-Orc Mad Dog (Black Smilodon; Reckless Stance)
Human Skald (Guarded Stance)
Half-Orc Wildlands Shaman (Smilodon)
Human Kinteticist (Air)
Half-Elf Life Oracle (Blackened Curse)

My last character will probably be either a Silvan Trickster, an Eldritch Archer, or a Grenadier.

The_Mask

Just like Yves, I chase tales.
Patron
Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I helped put crap in Monomyth
After a long break, our streams are back! Join us as we will speak about our newest DLC -, The Treasure of the Midnight Isles, with a plethora of special guests: Leads of Game Design and Level Design and Creative Director. Also, you can see a sneaky "s" in our announcement. It's because the same people worked on our second DLC - Through the Ashes. And will gladly answer your questions about it too!

Tomorrow at https://twitch.tv/owlcatgames

Imagine

Desiderius

Patron
So far I've got:

Human Wandering Marksman (Longbow/Leopard tank)
Human Martyr (Greatsword)
Human Preservationist (XBow)
Human Crusader (Battleaxe/Shield Bash/Nobility Domain/Evo Focus)
Aasimar Standard Bearer (Two-handers/Celestial Horse)

I should play a Scroll Savant for the sixth to use all these junk scrolls but I'm always too lazy to do it much with Nenio, so looking like a Winter Witch.

Standard Bearer avoids the Bull Rush bug since it's the only Cav that doesn't get that ability. Banner is +1 Morale AB always on (not just for Charges) and stacks with Bless but not Heroism for some reason. Kicks up to +2 at level 10 (and +3 at 15) so real time/slot saver on the buffs. Really should go up to +2 at level 5 since it gives you a late mount. Second ability at lvl 11 gives temp HP for ten minutes and buffs damage while those last so nice for the Archers. Order of the Sword is pretty solid all around and good with extra mounted feats from Tweaks.

Martyr is very smooth with Courage + Mark and wider Auras.

Marksman only gets the AB Bonus (it is Circumstance) on things attacking your pet, which is manageable with Leopard but not ideal. The scaling extra Dodge on Leopard though is great.

Vestment has been fixed - there's a non-enchanted Mithril Chainmail that drops from Votary that goes well with it.

Stoned Ape

Savant
So far I've got:

Human Wandering Marksman (Longbow/Leopard tank)
Human Martyr (Greatsword)
Human Preservationist (XBow)
Human Crusader (Battleaxe/Shield Bash/Nobility Domain/Evo Focus)
Aasimar Standard Bearer (Two-handers/Celestial Horse)

I should play a Scroll Savant for the sixth to use all these junk scrolls but I'm always too lazy to do it much with Nenio, so looking like a Winter Witch.

Standard Bearer avoids the Bull Rush bug since it's the only Cav that doesn't get that ability. Banner is +1 Morale AB always on (not just for Charges) and stacks with Bless but not Heroism for some reason. Kicks up to +2 at level 10 (and +3 at 15) so real time/slot saver on the buffs. Really should go up to +2 at level 5 since it gives you a late mount. Second ability at lvl 11 gives temp HP for ten minutes and buffs damage while those last so nice for the Archers. Order of the Sword is pretty solid all around and good with extra mounted feats from Tweaks.

Martyr is very smooth with Courage + Mark and wider Auras.

Marksman only gets the AB Bonus (it is Circumstance) on things attacking your pet, which is manageable with Leopard but not ideal. The scaling extra Dodge on Leopard though is great.

Vestment has been fixed - there's a non-enchanted Mithril Chainmail that drops from Votary that goes well with it.
Looks good! Only thing I'd suggest is that the last slot should be something that can deal significant AOE damage when you need it.

There are a few enemies that are designed to be a strong counter vs melee, such as some really annoying immobile construct pillars that have 30 AC (even against touch) that can be effectively targeted with AOE. The air version of them is disgustingly nasty if you encounter them at low-level and have a huge attack range (I only encountered them on my second run, so you might be fine with your current party for your first run).

Yosharian

Arcane
Race obviously kitsune.

I would like to add that I have made a build that uses Gendarme 20 / Arcane Rider 16 / Divine Hunter 1 to do insane charge damage, I haven't got around to doing damage calculations yet as I've been working on finishing the rest of the party, but I think the maximum damage the build will be able to do is around 2k damage for a charging crit. That's on each iterative attack, not a Vital Strike or anything

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom