Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Pathfinder Pathfinder: Wrath of the Righteous - Enhanced Edition - now with A Dance of Masks epilogue DLC

Haplo

Prophet
Patron
Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire
haplo by they way, was the best class combination to fight mounted and dismounted inside? cavalier 1 rest mutated warrior?
Mounted? IMO 8 levels in inquisitor for Travel Domain + Domain Zealot - Sanctified Slayer if main class, Sacred Huntsmaster if you want the bare minimum (and are gunning for Legend Cavalier 20 for example), possibly cleric instead - if going for angel.
Then some Sohei or Gendarme cavalier. If Sacred Huntsmaster, can possibly mix 5 levels of Mutation Warrior with 1 Sohei if you want Weapon Training with Sohei Flurry in any weapon and don't mind 1 level lower pet. 8 levels in Gendarme Order of the Sword is also good for Mounted Mastery (pet Str to damage on charge). Otherwise 3 levels in Order of the Cockatrice for 3 feats and +2 AB vs shaken.
Race obviously kitsune.

Can't see why you'd want to dismount, though.
I would like to add that I have made a build that uses Gendarme 20 / Arcane Rider 16 / Divine Hunter 1 to do insane charge damage, I haven't got around to doing damage calculations yet as I've been working on finishing the rest of the party, but I think the maximum damage the build will be able to do is around 2k damage for a charging crit. That's on each iterative attack, not a Vital Strike or anything
Arcane Rider is also neat. I just find its a bit slower to ramp up then an inquisitor, so I prefer the latter. Inquisitor is also a much better skill monkey and gets more initiative. As an end game legend build, its very cool, though :)

Yosharian

Arcane
Yeah the build only gets Arcane Rider levels after hitting Legend because those Gendarme levels are just too good early on what with being able to select the Trickster feats using the bonus feats, which you usually can't do

Haplo

Prophet
Patron
Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire
Yeah the build only gets Arcane Rider levels after hitting Legend because those Gendarme levels are just too good early on what with being able to select the Trickster feats using the bonus feats, which you usually can't do

Really? Tell me about it? I thought Trickster feats couldn't be taken as bonus feats?

Yosharian

Arcane

Really? Tell me about it? I thought Trickster feats couldn't be taken as bonus feats?
Yeah Gendarme is coded to allow you to take Combat and Mounted feats as part of their bonus feats, some feats can't be taken though such as Shake It Off so it's not like *all* feats can be taken. But somehow due to the way that it is coded, the Trickster feats (provided you have Perception 2 access ofc) are on the list of feats that can be taken using those Gendarme bonus feats.

It makes a huge difference because usually you have to burn your standard feats on them

Desiderius

Found your egg, Robinett, you sneaky bastard
Patron
Insert Title Here Pathfinder: Wrath
So far I've got:

Human Wandering Marksman (Longbow/Leopard tank)
Human Martyr (Greatsword)
Human Preservationist (XBow)
Human Crusader (Battleaxe/Shield Bash/Nobility Domain/Evo Focus)
Aasimar Standard Bearer (Two-handers/Celestial Horse)

I should play a Scroll Savant for the sixth to use all these junk scrolls but I'm always too lazy to do it much with Nenio, so looking like a Winter Witch.

Standard Bearer avoids the Bull Rush bug since it's the only Cav that doesn't get that ability. Banner is +1 Morale AB always on (not just for Charges) and stacks with Bless but not Heroism for some reason. Kicks up to +2 at level 10 (and +3 at 15) so real time/slot saver on the buffs. Really should go up to +2 at level 5 since it gives you a late mount. Second ability at lvl 11 gives temp HP for ten minutes and buffs damage while those last so nice for the Archers. Order of the Sword is pretty solid all around and good with extra mounted feats from Tweaks.

Martyr is very smooth with Courage + Mark and wider Auras.

Marksman only gets the AB Bonus (it is Circumstance) on things attacking your pet, which is manageable with Leopard but not ideal. The scaling extra Dodge on Leopard though is great.

Vestment has been fixed - there's a non-enchanted Mithril Chainmail that drops from Votary that goes well with it.
Looks good! Only thing I'd suggest is that the last slot should be something that can deal significant AOE damage when you need it.

There are a few enemies that are designed to be a strong counter vs melee, such as some really annoying immobile construct pillars that have 30 AC (even against touch) that can be effectively targeted with AOE. The air version of them is disgustingly nasty if you encounter them at low-level and have a huge attack range (I only encountered them on my second run, so you might be fine with your current party for your first run).
I hit the Cold ones at lvl five. Just in time for Resist, Communal on Cleric. Delay Poison at lvl 1 on Hunter was handy.

ArchAngel

Arcane
Thought I'd enjoy the new DLC, but didn't think I'd like it quite as much as I have. I think there's still improvements that can be done to the dungeon layouts and generation and hope that they'll improve on in their 40k game (I'm gonna take a wild guess that it'll have similar kind of DLC) but otherwise I think this is going to be my preferred way of playing Wrath from now on. I enjoyed the 60 something hours of the campaign that I played but after a while the experience starts to weigh down with all the distractions that keep me from the dungeon crawling and combat. I'll miss the mythic path stuff since I liked that a lot, but I don't feel like it's worth it for me to keep replaying such a massive game for them alone.
You do get access to a mythic path in the DLC when you get to 6th-7th level as well. Only problem is there's not enough time to max them out (I only got to Mythic 3 by the end of my first run).
You done all 5 islands ? What level did you reach by the end?
I've just seen on Twitch some streamer having lvl 20 party in the DLC, it would be strange that you can reach lvl 20 but only Mythic 3.

Stoned Ape

Savant
Thought I'd enjoy the new DLC, but didn't think I'd like it quite as much as I have. I think there's still improvements that can be done to the dungeon layouts and generation and hope that they'll improve on in their 40k game (I'm gonna take a wild guess that it'll have similar kind of DLC) but otherwise I think this is going to be my preferred way of playing Wrath from now on. I enjoyed the 60 something hours of the campaign that I played but after a while the experience starts to weigh down with all the distractions that keep me from the dungeon crawling and combat. I'll miss the mythic path stuff since I liked that a lot, but I don't feel like it's worth it for me to keep replaying such a massive game for them alone.
You do get access to a mythic path in the DLC when you get to 6th-7th level as well. Only problem is there's not enough time to max them out (I only got to Mythic 3 by the end of my first run).
I've just seen on Twitch some streamer having lvl 20 party in the DLC, it would be strange that you can reach lvl 20 but only Mythic 3.
Completed the first voyage at level 11, MR 3. You then have to use a new party for your next expedition.

You can grab Legacy upgrades to give your second party an XP boost at start, so I guess they will end up higher level than the first party by the time they complete their run.

Only completed the first expedition so far, it took about 12 hours in turn based mode.

Desiderius

Patron
Just finished third voyage, lvl 9, ML1. I’d imagine if you turned off EXP sharing you could get a lot higher than that.

ArchAngel

Arcane
Completed the first voyage at level 11, MR 3. You then have to use a new party for your next expedition.

You can grab Legacy upgrades to give your second party an XP boost at start, so I guess they will end up higher level than the first party by the time they complete their run.

Only completed the first expedition so far, it took about 12 hours in turn based mode.
What are these legacy upgrades and if you get more XP will that not just make the game too easy if you outlevel the content. I was hoping this DLC lets you get to lvl 20 and has challenge for all those levels.

Stoned Ape

Savant
What are these legacy upgrades and if you get more XP will that not just make the game too easy if you outlevel the content. I was hoping this DLC lets you get to lvl 20 and has challenge for all those levels.
Each island gives different rewards. The legacy reward gives your next character +1 starting level and stacks with itself. When your character retires, the next one gets a tailwind bonus (a random selection of three pop up and you choose one). I chose permanent lead blades for all exotic weapons used by my party. One of the ones I didn't pick was permanent selective spell for a specific selection of subclasses (can't remember which ones specifically, but it was 1 from each 6 and 9th level caster class).

The bosses seem higher level when starting the second voyage. On my first run the first boss I encountered was 5th level while my 3 character party were 3rd. On my second run the same boss was 10th level and my 3 characters were 4th level, so the overall difficulty is still there.

Last edited:

Yosharian

Arcane
Kitsune portrait I found that wasn't actually that bad, amazingly. Formatted for Wrath.

https://i.ibb.co/x5Xn0PZ/Fulllength.png
https://i.ibb.co/W00KgXD/Medium.png
https://i.ibb.co/g3LnRt6/Small.png

Fulllength.png

The_Mask

Just like Yves, I chase tales.
Patron
Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I helped put crap in Monomyth
I watched the stream with the DLC guys: the lack of charisma was glorious. 3 nerds talking about videogame design, with close to 0 jokes. Absolutely perfect. I had an amazing time. I'm not even being ironic.

In any case, the whole charisma vacuum made me miss Julia even more. Hope she comes back sometime soon.

Oh, and before I forget: the quality of their streams has hit that certain standard where there aren't many technical issues, and they're actually fun to watch. But the Internet quality in Cyprus seems to be a bit poor, because at one point one of the dudes was explaining the level design, with examples, and the guy in question started lagging hard. I was actually chuckling thinking that the Internet cannot handle Owlcat design. XD

Link to video:

Desiderius

Patron
Just finished third voyage, lvl 9, ML1. I’d imagine if you turned off EXP sharing you could get a lot higher than that.
When you find new party members do they have same XP as you party?
If you turn it back on again before picking them up they will. I Just leave it on the default now. They recently took away the option to toggle it in Through the Ashes to force people into the intended pacing. Which would be a great idea if the content weren't so thin and poorly executed.

Desiderius

Patron
I watched the stream with the DLC guys: the lack of charisma was glorious. 3 nerds talking about videogame design, with close to 0 jokes. Absolutely perfect. I had an amazing time. I'm not even being ironic.

In any case, the whole charisma vacuum made me miss Julia even more. Hope she comes back sometime soon.

Oh, and before I forget: the quality of their streams has hit that certain standard where there aren't many technical issues, and they're actually fun to watch. But the Internet quality in Cyprus seems to be a bit poor, because at one point one of the dudes was explaining the level design, with examples, and the guy in question started lagging hard. I was actually chuckling thinking that the Internet cannot handle Owlcat design. XD

Link to video:

That's nice but they need to work with the main devs because they're just not in their class and the contrast is glaring.

Jaedar

Arcane
Patron
Project: Eternity Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Pathfinder: Kingmaker
When you find new party members do they have same XP as you party?
Not sure about the DLC, but in the main game the way to go is to turn on xp sharing just before a new npc joins the party, and then disable it again.

Desiderius

Patron
I think either you turn it on or off. If you leave it off then the new dudes you pick up start out at zero but quickly catch up most if not all the way due to the way EXP scaling works. The default divides it up at first in anticipation of sharing it with the new guys when they get there.

Stoned Ape

Savant
Last time I had it switched to only active characters gain XP, the characters that joined up got levelled to match the rest of the party anyway. That was before this latest patch though, so I don't know it that's still the case.

Also, I think the optimal choice for Mythic Path for the new expansion is Legend. You get around 7 levels and +4 to each attribute for the cost of one Mythic Ability and whatever powers a first-level Mythic Path would give you.

It's an even better deal if you have an animal companion.

Last edited:

Stoned Ape

Savant
Star-Rattle.jpg

I tried to do absolutely everything I could to maximize XP (went to all the +XP islands and cleared every map of enemies) this time and managed to get the party to 11th and MC Legend to 19th level. It was much easier than using a Mythic Rank 3 Trickster as the main.

Here are the Tailwinds I could choose from this time:

Tailwinds.jpg

Slashing Tailwind grants +1 damage/5 levels to all slashing weapons, Tailwind of Lenses makes all ranged touch attacks crit on 17-20.

Last edited:

Desiderius

Patron
That's pretty strong. Summons can be Empowered too.

Witch into Winter Witch takes longer than Shaman to get all the Metamagic but can cast a lot more Snowballs and gets a ton of Hexes. Would definitely like that Tailwind.

Pillars can be Blinded and Swarms Stunned.

Desiderius

Patron
Does Legend get the extra five rests? That’s the thing that’s making everything else tougher. For some reason all the resting skill checks are 13 pts higher as well, so tough to cook even basic meals and reduce corruption.

If this is all the rests you get it makes Enduring look better.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom