Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Pathfinder Pathfinder: Wrath of the Righteous - Enhanced Edition - now with A Dance of Masks epilogue DLC

ArchAngel

Arcane
I finally started playing it. Started with Elemental Witch Human and Asimar Paladin (hospitaler) and made Halfling melee Vivi at end of first island.

I don't like that once you start the mission you don't even have access to basic equipment to buy. Vivi is supposed to be melee with finess but I got no weapons for it :(

Last edited:

ArchAngel

Arcane
I see there are two chests (chest and toothy chest) on the ship, anyone knows the difference?

Stoned Ape

Savant
I see there are two chests (chest and toothy chest) on the ship, anyone knows the difference?
I only used the normal one, was worried the toothy one would eat my items or something.

After you've completed the first major voyage, you get a third chest that talks and sells you magic items, a navigator, and a talking chain who can send you visions.

ArchAngel

Arcane
I only used the normal one, was worried the toothy one would eat my items or something.

After you've completed the first major voyage, you get a third chest that talks and sells you magic items, a navigator, and a talking chain who can send you visions.
I don't think this will happen for me.. I just finished 3 islands in first voyage but game does not recognize I am done with island 3.. I clicked statue that gave everyone +10 HP and killed everyone there and went back to ship but when I click on the wheel I can only go to same empty island...

EDIT: My mistake. On minimap both exits say same thing and game wants you to use specific one

Last edited:

ArchAngel

Arcane

About chest. Do you need to pick up items from the chest after finishing voyage to sell them in town?

The_Mask

Just like Yves, I chase tales.
Patron
Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I helped put crap in Monomyth
I'm going to keep posting these kinds of pictures until Alexander Mishulin comes out and admits that the random number generator they have is rigged:

Attachments

• Owlcat rolls.jpg
    Owlcat rolls.jpg
    490.8 KB · Views: 116

Stoned Ape

Savant
That's pretty strong. Summons can be Empowered too.

Witch into Winter Witch takes longer than Shaman to get all the Metamagic but can cast a lot more Snowballs and gets a ton of Hexes. Would definitely like that Tailwind.
I thought about going for it, but my MVP in the run I'd just finished was a Kineticist and I wanted to concentrate on something other than ranged touch attacks for a bit.

(I wonder if the Tailwinds are somehow linked to who performed well in the last run?)

Anyway, went for the Divine Wind and chose a really odd party:

Battle Oracle MC (sword+board, will go for Angel and merged book)
Crusader (sword+board)
Sanctified Slayer (archer)
Cult Leader (archer)
Fire Oracle (crossbow)

Last slot will be used for an Ecclesitheurge of Abadar (nobility and law)

Desiderius

Found your egg, Robinett, you sneaky bastard
Patron
Insert Title Here Pathfinder: Wrath

Toothy one doesn’t take items on first voyage.

Desiderius

Patron
That's pretty strong. Summons can be Empowered too.

Witch into Winter Witch takes longer than Shaman to get all the Metamagic but can cast a lot more Snowballs and gets a ton of Hexes. Would definitely like that Tailwind.
I thought about going for it, but my MVP in the run I'd just finished was a Kineticist and I wanted to concentrate on something other than ranged touch attacks for a bit.

(I wonder if the Tailwinds are somehow linked to who performed well in the last run?)

Anyway, went for the Divine Wind and chose a really odd party:

Battle Oracle MC (sword+board, will go for Angel and merged book)
Crusader (sword+board)
Sanctified Slayer (archer)
Cult Leader (archer)
Fire Oracle (crossbow)

Last slot will be used for an Ecclesitheurge of Abadar (nobility and law)
Try out Purifier for the first one.

Desiderius

Patron
I finally started playing it. Started with Elemental Witch Human and Asimar Paladin (hospitaler) and made Halfling melee Vivi at end of first island.

I don't like that once you start the mission you don't even have access to basic equipment to buy. Vivi is supposed to be melee with finess but I got no weapons for it :(
You can buy basic equipment from the Chaplain on shore (or Unique/Magic equipment too) if you want, or you find a ton.

I don’t get everyone playing Elemental Witch. If you’re using ypur turns ploinking for six damage or whatever what are you doing with your Hexes? Even for Winter Witch I just went for the base over Elemental. It’s not like Shaman where you can spend Hexes on meta.

Do people not know that Evil Eye Scales? Always works even on made save? Can be Cackled?

ArchAngel

Arcane

You can buy basic equipment from the Chaplain on shore (or Unique/Magic equipment too) if you want, or you find a ton.

I don’t get everyone playing Elemental Witch. If you’re using ypur turns ploinking for six damage or whatever what are you doing with your Hexes? Even for Winter Witch I just went for the base over Elemental. It’s not like Shaman where you can spend Hexes on meta.

Do people not know that Evil Eye Scales? Always works even on made save? Can be Cackled?
At lvl 1 you don't have Hex. At lvl 2 I picked up Sleep Hex and now she does Hex and then Ice Ray. Later she is going to be my Ice nuker, going to take Winter Witch levels for more bonuses.
Bought 4th character after 1st voyage was done. Ecclesitheurge with Fire and Good domains (it works as it should in second game), this is going to be buffer and and fire nuker. I noticed permanent 10 HP bonus is not automatically given to characters that join the party afterwards so I guess it is important to fill 6 slots sooner than later.

Question for your masters of builds, how to do I give my finess Vivi dex bonus to damage? Just with Mythic levels or few levels of rogue?

Also in first voyage I found some fire thingy that is obviously some story/quest item but the Helmsman does not want to talk about it. What do I do with it?

Stoned Ape

Savant
At lvl 1 you don't have Hex. At lvl 2 I picked up Sleep Hex and now she does Hex and then Ice Ray. Later she is going to be my Ice nuker, going to take Winter Witch levels for more bonuses.
Bought 4th character after 1st voyage was done. Ecclesitheurge with Fire and Good domains (it works as it should in second game), this is going to be buffer and and fire nuker. I noticed permanent 10 HP bonus is not automatically given to characters that join the party afterwards so I guess it is important to fill 6 slots sooner than later.

Question for your masters of builds, how to do I give my finess Vivi dex bonus to damage? Just with Mythic levels or few levels of rogue?

Also in first voyage I found some fire thingy that is obviously some story/quest item but the Helmsman does not want to talk about it. What do I do with it?

I'm not a master of builds so take my opinion with a pinch of salt, but honestly it depends.

You'll probably only get one Mythic Feat and two abilities. If you want to spend the only Mythic Feat on Mythic Finesse you can, there are a lot of precision immune creatures so sneak attacks aren't always useful and guaranteed damage is helpful. Personally, I really like Mythic Two-Weapon fighting, but I can see the argument for taking Mythic Finesse.

As you suggest, you could instead dip into rogue. I'd go 4 levels for debilitating injury if you do, it's really helpful for two-weapon fighters to land iterative attacks. You won't reach 12th level for greater mutagen on this run so you won't miss out on that by taking rogue levels. It really just depends if you need the higher level extracts or not.

Basically, if you can't think of a mythic feat or ability you'd like to take more than Mythic Finesse then pick it up, otherwise consider rogue if you can live without access to 4th level extracts.

The_Mask

Patron
Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I helped put crap in Monomyth
Bismuth doesn't get the Dodge AC bonus if you make him fight defensively. So... just in case you were smart, Owlcat is here to make sure you're not too smart.

The_Mask

Patron
Remember when the game came out and there was that bug that triggered an AoO every time you hovered your mouse above an enemy? And remember how they patched that right away, because it was in favour of the player?

There is one island right now that mobs just regenerate every time you hover your mouse above them. I just sent a report. Watch as this will never get patched.

The_Mask

Patron
"Aging effects can be reversed by a Greater Restoration spell." But if you have one memorized, but don't have the diamonds, you're stuck. And the map provides you with 0, so far (I'm 4 chambers in). It's like monkeys designed this DLC. Monkeys that know how to code.

I'm starting to wonder: if I throw a banana at the screen, will the game's design suddenly improve?

Oh, and you wanna know who the MVP of this "amazing" island is? Fucking Lann. Zen Archers need no STR or AGI to shoot, baby. Lann just became, arguably, the best character in the game, just because of this.

Desiderius

Patron

I'm not a master of builds so take my opinion with a pinch of salt, but honestly it depends.

You'll probably only get one Mythic Feat and two abilities. If you want to spend the only Mythic Feat on Mythic Finesse you can, there are a lot of precision immune creatures so sneak attacks aren't always useful and guaranteed damage is helpful. Personally, I really like Mythic Two-Weapon fighting, but I can see the argument for taking Mythic Finesse.

As you suggest, you could instead dip into rogue. I'd go 4 levels for debilitating injury if you do, it's really helpful for two-weapon fighters to land iterative attacks. You won't reach 12th level for greater mutagen on this run so you won't miss out on that by taking rogue levels. It really just depends if you need the higher level extracts or not.

Basically, if you can't think of a mythic feat or ability you'd like to take more than Mythic Finesse then pick it up, otherwise consider rogue if you can live without access to 4th level extracts.
Wonder if you can store crystals between runs.

Desiderius

Patron
"Aging effects can be reversed by a Greater Restoration spell." But if you have one memorized, but don't have the diamonds, you're stuck. And the map provides you with 0, so far (I'm 4 chambers in). It's like monkeys designed this DLC. Monkeys that know how to code.

I'm starting to wonder: if I throw a banana at the screen, will the game's design suddenly improve?

Oh, and you wanna know who the MVP of this "amazing" island is? Fucking Lann. Zen Archers need no STR or AGI to shoot, baby. Lann just became, arguably, the best character in the game, just because of this.
Age only advances in combat. They're trying to tell you your fights are taking too long. Get everyone in on the fun!

Well yeah, that's the point. Base Witch *does* get the lvl one Hex, then another at 2 and four so you can have the Protective Luck, Evil Eye, Cackle package up by level four. Sleep doesn't do anything on made save and there's no way to boost the DC.

Evil Eye works for a round even on made save (no SR of course either) then you can keep it up with Cackle while also casting or adding a new Protective Luck each round.

How is ploinking for a few damage (that even gets eaten by Resists) better than that? I have trouble switching my Winter Witch away from Hexes and he's got 100 point Meta Snowballs now.

As to your other question, don't make a Finesse Vivi. STR-based FTW. A few levels of Rogue means you never get there on spells or Advanced Talents. If you want Finesse-based just play Rogue straight. That way your get Uncanny Dodges too.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom