Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Pathfinder Pathfinder: Wrath of the Righteous - Enhanced Edition - now with A Dance of Masks epilogue DLC

Delterius

Arcane
Ok, this is fun

Also there's a +10 Mobility belt in the Hellknight Outpost!

How do you build for a mobility trickster? Do I need combat reflexes or is it the enemy that needs to have it? Do I need a reach weapon? Thinking of trying it off as a pure vivisectionist.

Haplo

Prophet
Patron
Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire
Ok, this is fun

Also there's a +10 Mobility belt in the Hellknight Outpost!

How do you build for a mobility trickster? Do I need combat reflexes or is it the enemy that needs to have it? Do I need a reach weapon? Thinking of trying it off as a pure vivisectionist.

You do need Combat Reflexes! As you want to make A LOT of (reverse) Attacks of Opportunity (Sword Saint eventually also gets even more from Int mod - not that it's really needed). Its nice if the enemies also have it, but its not necessary (with it they can attempt to make AoOs vs you even when flat footed before they act.. and also theoretically attempt multiple AoOs per round). If you keep passing the Mobility check, they don't get to make that AoO - so they don't spend it and can try again - even if they are normally only able to make only 1 AoO per round (some, like some archers, have 0).

And you should max Dexterity, pick a race with Mobility bonus, preferably also with Dex bonus, pick Skill Focus Mobility and Stealthy.... Then grab all item and buff boosts you can (invluding Signet of House Vesperillo.. or some such; a domain user is very nice - like Touch of Good is great and can even use Madness to boost Skill Checks further; obviously Heroism/Greater). You roll vs enemy CMD and that can climb pretty high for some enemies...

Hitting is less of an issue, as your attacks are at max AB, further booster by Ever Ready and vs Flat-Footed enemy AC.

Vivisectionist is a good candidate, able to boost his Dex even higher with mutagen, can self-buff Speed bonuses (not that this is difficult), gets a lot of sneak attack dice. You do not need a reach weapon, reverse AoOs happen when you leave enemy threat ranges, so actual attack reach is determined by the enemy, not by you. However a two-handed weapon grip is nice for 150% Dex damage and 150% Power Attack damage (so I'd recommend avoiding light weapons). As a pure Vivi, you'd need Mythic Weapon Finesse. And with no access to Fighter's Finesse I'd recommend elven curved blades, estocs or dueling swords (particularly if the best one is ever fixed). Rapiers also work... but the best one has a strong Paralysis effect AFAIR, and paralysing enemies would really suck for this build... In general kinda shame, as heavier weapons tend to have juicier crits.
Some dip, like 4 levels into rogue, wouldn't be half bad IMO (and wouldn't need Mythic Finesse then; plus Uncanny Dodge and Debilitating Injury)....

Oh and I strongly recommend TableTop Tweaks for that build. Impossible Speed is huge fun. It also includes some additional neat feats like Shingle Runner or Graceful Athlete. And IMO Vek did an awesome job with his Trickster Mythic Path rework as well!

Last edited:

LannTheStupid

Товарищ
Patron
Pathfinder: Wrath
https://store.steampowered.com/news/app/1184370/view/3289340571610670262
Hello, crusaders!

A major update 2.0.0z has arrived! It contains optimization fixes, various UI and quality of life improvements for the Enhanced Edition, controller support, new photo mode, new quest for the Legend mythic path, additional epilogue slides and a number of improvements for the Treasure of the Midnight Isles DLC.

If you are playing with mods, don’t forget to update them before loading your saves! If you don’t want to update your game just yet, please go to the Betas tab in the properties of the game, and
switch to 1.4.4 branch

Beware of possible plot spoilers below!
Areas

• During Woljif's quest in the 3rd chapter, it was impossible to disarm a trap in one location – fixed;
  • In Drezen, one of the entrances to the citadel has been moved to a more accessible location;
  • Additional optimization fixes should improve the performance in multiple areas.

Classes & Mechanics

• Armor Training now gives the correct Dexterity bonus allowed by armor;
  • Dragon Discple now can add spells from Nature Mage, Eldritch Font and Unlettered Arcanist archetype to their spellbook (retraining is required);
  • Eldritch Font (an Arcanist archetype) now can cast the 10th level spells, if they have chosen the Lich mythic path;
  • Green Faith is now available to the main character!
  • In the Treasure of the Midnight Isles DLC, the number of expeditions between tiers has been reduced. Now after defeating The Songbird party is no longer reset;
  • Shielding Tailwind granted AC bonus to any character and disappeared after retraining in the Treasure of the Midnight Isles DLC – fixed. Now it grants AC bonus only to shield-wielding characters and stays after retraining;
  • Some bosses in The Treasure of the Midnight Isles DLC with immunity to Trickster's persuasion were not completely immune – fixed;
  • The Delay Poison spell now blocks the effects of the Death Throes ability;
  • The Dragon Disciple prestige class can now interact with the arcanist archetype Eldritch Font spellbook;
  • The circumstance bonuses from Glasses of Unspeakable Truth and Robe of Unspeakable Truth have been fixed;
  • When the type of elemental damage is changing to a different element, it also changes the descriptor now;
  • Spellbooks and caster levels now work correctly with different prestige classes combinations.

Turn-based mode

• Fear effect could cause freezes when changing turns – fixed;
  • Horzalah has a portrait in the initiative order now.

UI

• Fixed the animation for caster classes in the inventory;
  • If you want to play with a controller, make sure it’s connected to your PC when you launch the game, it will allow you to continue playing with it;
  • The animal companion’s health bar is now displayed above the owner’s portrait. Click on it to open the animal companion’s own portrait and see all the active status effects;
  • A search option in now available in the inventory;
  • In the battle log, you can scroll to the bottom with a single click now, and also see more information about the damage and healing numbers;
  • In the inventory, it’s possible to customize the colors of your armor now;
  • Photo mode is now available from the Esc menu.

Visual

• Animations in the first cutscene have been improved;
  • Camera didn't properly hide the objects on bookshelves in Gwerm's Mansion when zooming in – fixed;
  • Fixed objects blocking the camera view in Defender's Heart area;
  • Fixed the incorrect movement of flags, hanging on the walls in Drezen Throne Room;
  • Fixed the issue with lighting in Mage's Tower;
  • Optimized and improved some death effects from critical hits.

Audio

• The sounds of strikes and abilities have been synchronized with the animations for the final boss of the Treasure of the Midnight Isles DLC.

Misс

• Corrected the formula for calculating the accumulation of Pirate's Ire in the Treasure of the Midnight Isles DLC;
  • Fixed the issue in the Through the Ashes DLC where some characters would not return to camp after completing their quest;
  • Fixed the issue when you couldn't loot some chests and vases in the Treasure of the Midnight Isles DLC;
  • Selecting a mythic path after becoming a Golden Dragon or a Swarm That Walks didn't work in the Treasures of the Midnight Isles DLC – fixed;
  • Some pirate barrels were removed in the Treasure of the Midnight Isles DLC, and the loot from them moved elsewhere;
  • The Life Bubble spell now protects you from effects of the undertows that cause area damage in the Treasure of the Midnight Isles DLC;
  • Various minor issues with traps in The Treasure of the Midnight Isles DLC have been fixed;
  • We've disabled artificial intelligence in traps, so they don't roll Will saves when the island modifier is Psychotic Undertow in the Treasure of the Midnight Isles DLC. Skynet shall not pass!
  • Wild Magic Undertow no longer affects potions in The Treasure of the Midnight Isles DLC;
  • Armor reforge becomes available now via a special golem NPC. You can encounter it starting at chapter 1. In later chapters, it will be delivered to your throne room;
  • Some mythic paths got additional reinforcements in chapter 5;
  • The epilogues have been enhanced;
  • The Legend mythic path got a new quest, which becomes available in chapter 5, after Wilcer Garms visits you in the throne room.

Yosharian

Arcane
Magus enchantment allows for 3 elements, provided you can get Acid from somewhere else, that is four elements per hit.

This gave you 2x Elemental Barrage procs per hit, for example Fire + Cold, then Acid + Shock.

To get more than 2 procs per hit you would have to have 4x Geniekind active, which would then give you another 2 procs, for a total of 4.

That's up to 40D6 unresistable damage, plus on the Geniekind damage instances you could have riders like Bane, Holy and Axiomatic, so potentially 24D6 on top of that.

That's 224 damage per hit just from GK + EB, if you had all those riders active. Also, I can't recall exactly but I think some of this damage was multiplied on crits, although only x2, not your weapon multiplier or anything like that.

So it was a significant increase to DPR

I have a vague recollection that Bane, Holy and Axiomatic used to ride the EB procs themselves but I may be remembering wrongly

Infinitron

I post news
Patron
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth

With a nice Zoria shoutout: https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/owlcatgames/pathfinder-wrath-of-the-righteous/posts/3621315

Pathfinder: Wrath of the Righteous Enhanced Edition on PC and Consoles Out Now​

Hello, Pathfinders!

We have wonderful news for those who have been waiting to play Pathfinder: Wrath of the Righteous on console—the game is now available in the PlayStation Store, Xbox Games Store, and on Nintendo Switch Cloud Streaming. All the free DLC we previously released on PC are also included (Faces of War, Love Beyond Death, Paint of War, and A Visitor From Distant Lands).

Console players will get the Enhanced Edition right from the start.

As for PC players, the Enhanced Edition is available as a free update (v. 2.0.0) for everyone who already owns the game.

New features for the PC version:

• You can finally play with a controller. Lead the crusade from the comfort of your own pillow fort!
  • Customize your character’s appearance by coloring and reforging your armor!
  • Save time looking for that specific scroll by using the inventory search function.
  • Can’t figure out how you managed to deal so much damage? Check the enhanced battle log!
  • You no longer need to scroll right to see how your animal companion is doing, with a new addition to our UI for pet owners.
  • Unlock additional quest outcomes with new reinforcement options for various mythic paths in chapter 5.
  • Attend a special party your soldiers throw for you if you reject mythic powers on the Legend path.
  • Learn more about what your companions and friends do after the crusade in enhanced epilogues.
  • And finally, take beautiful pictures of your favorite moments with the new Photo Mode feature! Pause the game, free the camera from the bounds of isometric view, apply filters and frames, and make a wallpaper out of your favorite underground mushroom forest, that Wintersun waterfall, or the chaotic streets of Alushinyrra. Photo mode is currently available only on PC, but it will arrive to consoles in the nearest future.
Download the 2.0.0 update, enjoy the new features, and don’t forget to show us your screenshots!

07082539edd372ba298233e93f6feed5_original.png

e94639ac9cc5d71687fc3070884fa252_original.png

If you love our Pathfinder games, please check out Zoria: Age of Shattering, an isometric fantasy CRPG with turn-based combat from Tiny Trinket Games and Anshar Publishing.

Zoria: Age of Shattering is a story-driven, party-based RPG with strong tactical elements, base and follower management that takes place in the expansive Fantasy world of Zoria, a world filled with magic, ancient history, tumultuous politics, and countless mysteries.

Zoria’s Gameplay is a unique mix of action-adventure RPG and tactical management. Explore the beautiful lands of Zoria, from mountains to the ocean, towns and dungeons, follow the story or discover its secrets.

All the adventures in the game are hand-crafted, with multiple paths and various options for exploration, depending on the setup of your party and their environment abilities. You can always revisit a dungeon with another party to see previously inaccessible places and finish all the side quests.

Zoria’s combat is a Tactical, Turn-based confrontation, designed around the special characteristics of each class, abilities, resistances, deadly ranged attacks or strong AOE defenses, healing and much more. But turn based doesn’t mean static, so choose your battlegrounds wisely, as any wandering creature or enemy that gets too close, might join in and ruin your best laid plans.

You can also play a free demo and wishlist the game on Steam right now! And if you like what you see, please support Zoria: Age of Shattering on Kickstarter!

Yosharian

Arcane
Shy Lily's Helmet (+2 profane AC and +4 str)
Half of the Pair (+2 circumstance AC and +2 attack)
Shield of Faith (+2-5 deflection AC)
Barkskin (+2-5 enhancement nature armor)
Shield (+4 shield AC) or Mounted Shield (+1-5 shield AC)

Mounted Shield is not useful if you have someone who can cast shield unless you are using tower shield which doesn't make much sense.

Also Friend to Animals are broken because it add charisma bonus to all saves (sacred bonus).

1. Shy Lily's Helmet is being used on another character, it's far too valuable to waste on an animal companion.
  2. Half of the Pair is being used on the other pet, as I said in my post I gave the best items to the other pet.
  3. SoF grants Deflection which is already in the stat list. I don't actually have that spell available in my party.
  4. Barkskin: enhancement to Natural Armor is in the stat list already.
  5. Shield: is in the stat list already.

I am aware of F2A, dunno why you are telling me about it, and I never suggested Mounted Shield. It's kind of a terrible feat because you really don't need to carry a shield if you are mounted, and also it only adds the base shield bonus (plus any shield focus feats) which is kind of awful.

Last edited:

ArchAngel

Arcane
So patch says this:
In the Treasure of the Midnight Isles DLC, the number of expeditions between tiers has been reduced. Now after defeating The Songbird party is no longer reset;

Anyone knows what this means exactly? I would guess there is no longer 3rd and 4th run but at end of 3rd you go fight end boss or something?

Dodo1610

Arcane
That's it for the Enhanced edition? A couple of quests and a photo mode. Weren't they teasing a rework of the Crusade system a while ago.

Rhobar121

Scholar
I am retarded and dont understand how Arcane Strike work or is it bugged?
Even though the skill is enabled, nothing appears in the combat log.

Nevermind, I'm just stupid.

Last edited:

Humbaba

Arcane
That's it for the Enhanced edition? A couple of quests and a photo mode. Weren't they teasing a rework of the Crusade system a while ago.
Haven't been keeping up with the patch notes, haven't they been doing that over the last few months?

Desiderius

Found your egg, Robinett, you sneaky bastard
Patron
Insert Title Here Pathfinder: Wrath
Do you think soldiers also must be neutral/chaotic?

(I agree Greybor is not actually a very lawful character. If you defeat him when he tries to assassinate you he reneges on his contract, and aside from being 'professional' he has no lawful qualities).

Imo an inquisitor is a good example of a lawful assassin/murderer.
No, because not all killing is unlawful. I didn't make up the definition of murder, and no I didn't pick it up slackjawed from some imaginary Klan/DSA meeting either, and no I'm also not trying to impose it on anyone either, so you're getting triggered by something in your own mind.

The ironic thing is that Greybor ends up being pretty LG despite himself if you look at his actual assassinations. You'd have a hard time finding a jury of his peers that would convict him of murder in any of those cases, and he's never tried to assassinate me. Of course his quest arc is flat and boring because you're not allowed to bring the LG out of him (as with Val, and as with Cam's quest being locked in) because whites aren't allowed to be LG/it would seem too much like conversion therapy or whatever and they're terrified of the cooties they might catch from that. That wouldn't make him an Inquisitor because he'd be following (the best of) natural law (akin to Ekun's quest) rather than supernatural like an Inquisitor. But you've let yourself be convinced that natural law doesn't exist a priori despite the persistence of the killing/murder distinction across human cultures.

I don't need Frightfull, he covers that slight Strenght loss by getting more attacks even after moving. And hitting stuff was not a huge problem when he can combine Divine Power and his sacred bonuses to attack or rerolling d20 and taking a better roll.
But a big benefit of going Cleric in the first place is getting Frightful at 15 as much for the autoshaken as the size, but since he comes with Reach the size is awesome too.

It's fine that you've read The Closing of the American Mind, I have too.
I haven't read it, and have no interest in doing so. Bloom got things exactly backwards, which might have something to do with his utter failure to even slow down let alone stop the things he wrote the book to decry.

The American Mind isn't Closed lol, it's so Open it's brain fell out long ago and now it can't think of a reason to stand up against [insert whatever thing your team thinks is bad, it's happening and nobody can remember how to stop it, whether it's the vivisection of children or a notorious union-buster basically running the most powerful government in the world through his garbage paper and unchecked economic power, massive surveillance, egging on Nuclear War, you name it]. The only thing at this point people are willing to stand up against is anyone trying to think - hence the anti-intellectualism. If you can't believe you're talking about alignment in a game adjacent to D&D that's a you problem. You can bet Gygax and the boys had plenty of those debates and would find it bizarre that anyone would have a problem with it.

As for fantasy worlds like D&D/Wrath/Middle Earth/whatever the most important feature is coherence, and the easiest way to achieve that is to leave most things on the default settings of reality while tweaking a few things the author finds most important to highlight, so the idea that it's verboten to talk about anything real in that context is counterproductive at best.

Zboj Lamignat

Arcane
You're being too optimistic with "a couple of quests", I believe. Seems to be just one quest for the legend path.

Desiderius

Patron
I am retarded and dont understand how Arcane Strike work or is it bugged?
Even though the skill is enabled, nothing appears in the combat log.

Nevermind, I'm just stupid.
It really needs the stuff from CotW (Riving Strike, Bloodragers get it automatically, etc...) to be worth using anyway. I guess if you don't have any other Swifts it can be ok, but most classes do eventually, especially Mythic Paths.

Desiderius

Patron

HoboForEternity

LIBERAL PROPAGANDIST
Patron
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
Spoiler for chapter 1 gray garrison fight

so i finally beat this bitch, but in the end, staunton saved her and let her escape. If you kill staunton can you fully kill minagho in this moment? Or can you just persuade stauton not to let minagho escape?

Haplo

Prophet
Patron
Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire
Don't think any of this is possible. But this fight is much easier if you focus on Staunton instead.

user

Savant
I don't know if it has been posted but this came out three days ago as well
https://www.nexusmods.com/pathfinderwrathoftherighteous/mods/377

While this mod is not dependant on TabletopTweaks-Base it is recommended as some features rely on it
:hmmm:
Vek has been very active on his GitHub page the last couple days. It's worth checking out:

https://github.com/Vek17/TabletopTweaks-Base/issues

I started using TTT for my last few playthroughs and its changes are pretty decent I think. Vek seems to have updated it already for EE too.

Desiderius

Patron
  • Can’t figure out how you managed to deal so much damage? Check the enhanced battle log!
  • You no longer need to scroll right to see how your animal companion is doing, with a new addition to our UI for pet owners.
Ngl these are welcome.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom