Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Pathfinder Pathfinder: Wrath of the Righteous - Enhanced Edition - now with A Dance of Masks epilogue DLC

Desiderius

Found your egg, Robinett, you sneaky bastard
Patron
Insert Title Here Pathfinder: Wrath
Arcane Bomber was one of two favorite classes of best Unfair player on P:K Steam forum. Other one was Blight Druid. Dude was something else.

HoboForEternity

LIBERAL PROPAGANDIST
Patron
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
The jeslyn fight with locust swarm is way harder than the actual dungeon boss. Fuck swarms. At this level the best offense i can do to swarms are burning hands. In the end, i just run, grease the fucking jeslyn before it can summon swarm and fuck its prone ass raw with blades. Glad to see grease still quite OP

Desiderius

Patron
The jeslyn fight with locust swarm is way harder than the actual dungeon boss. Fuck swarms. At this level the best offense i can do to swarms are burning hands. In the end, i just run, grease the fucking jeslyn before it can summon swarm and fuck its prone ass raw with blades. Glad to see grease still quite OP
He's very vulnerable to Fire. Scorch his ass or just zerg. Can't let him get the Summon off. Can interrupt casts with damage on RTwP or just get him dead.

Grease is pretty UP even by lvl 6. Big thing that helps there is recruiting the Inquisitors to tie up the adds. Rangers have Favored Enemy Human so give them non-Human targets.

The actual boss (and the Vrock) can get tricky at higher difficulties if you don't get them stunned on time.

Haplo

Prophet
Patron
Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire
Yeah, it's pretty tough. Try divide and conquer - stealthily move your party to the other side of the chamber and try to engage only single furthest enemies. Eventually everyone will be alerted, but hopefully you manage to do serious damage to their ranks before that.

InD_ImaginE

Arcane
Patron
Pathfinder: Wrath
i just opt to have seelah on horseback with scroll of crusade edge bum rush Jeslyn as soon as possible. And my hasted monk followed as well. But yeah that fight is the toughest of chapter 1. It almost require meta-knowledge that she is summoning stuff as if you go blind and didnt see her under FOW you will just be screwed by the locust.

Haplo

Prophet
Patron
Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire
i just opt to have seelah on horseback with scroll of crusade edge bum rush Jeslyn as soon as possible. And my hasted monk followed as well. But yeah that fight is the toughest of chapter 1. It almost require meta-knowledge that she is summoning stuff as if you go blind and didnt see her under FOW you will just be screwed by the locust.

Ember is very effective vs locusts with her Flame Arc. Just try to keep her away to avoid nauseated...

InD_ImaginE

Arcane
Patron
Ember is very effective vs locusts with her Flame Arc. Just try to keep her away to avoid nauseated...

It's kinda hard because rarely you could set her up using Flame Arc while not having her getting pelted by the Cambrion Rangers that sits around in the table but yeah it is effective.

ArchAngel

Arcane
Now that I brought my Bomber to high levels (15) its damage sucks. Bombs lack ability to empower and maximise. Fast bombs does not help, just uses very limited amount of bombs faster.
Arcane Bomber? Bombs are just there to give you action econ vs Touch to save casts. You’re still primarily a caster.
No, Grenadier, I just like to call him a Bomber

ArchAngel

Arcane
Arcane Bomber was one of two favorite classes of best Unfair player on P:K Steam forum. Other one was Blight Druid. Dude was something else.
Arcane Bomber is now better at high levels than Alchemist, only problem is that his bombs don't have precision and can damage my own guys. I specialized him into Cold damage, took cold bombs and filled rest of the slots with Snowballs and then focused into ranged touch attacks and since both attacks ignore SR I didn't need to take any feats for that. Due to Mythic abilities and ability to metamagic Snowballs this dude is more useful than Alchemist at high levels.
It is kind of fun specializing into one spell :D I picked up Bolster, Empower, Maximize and Quicken spell and filled all slots that don't have some personal buffs with different combinations of these metamagicked Snowballs. I made Bolster 0 modifier with Mythic but now I am figuring out I am missing Reach as well and I should have made that one 0 modifier. Also I would love if the game had metamagic feat that lets you up the damage limit of the spell, Snowballs only being 5d6 is irritating.

Last edited:

AwesomeButton

Proud owner of BG 3: Day of Swen's Tentacle
Patron
PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath
Woah woah woah what is this? Banner is stacking with Heroism? I'm sure this wasn't how it worked before this patch... I could be wrong.

https://i.ibb.co/4N709zd/Banner.jpg

Banner.jpg

It appears that Owlcat haven't fixed all the conditional stacking bonuses after all. It could be that Bard + Skald could still be a viable combo, if you desperately wanted to boost AB?
And here I was hoping these things would have beeen fixed by now.

I played an hour yesterday, after a year's break. I was surprised my savegames were even working. The next strange feeling was that I seem to have forgotten most of the rules, and how I had planned to build my characters :) I did some exploration of Wintersun - blasted linear larian-style tunnel map design. Maybe I'm better off reading LotR and designing my Rime of the Frostmaiden campaign. :negative:

Yosharian

Arcane
Yeah it seems that they only fixed conditional stacking with regards to AC, everything else should still work.

Fixed incorrect stacking of similar bonuses to Armor Class and saving throws;

Well, they claim to have fixed saving throw bonuses stacking too, but I was never able to see that happening in my tests anyway

Desiderius

Patron

Electricity also works vs Swarms, but if the Swarms have shown up there you’re kind of screwed.

It's kinda hard because rarely you could set her up using Flame Arc while not having her getting pelted by the Cambrion Rangers that sits around in the table but yeah it is effective.
Ember isn’t Human so it could be worse. I try to give them Wolj to attack.

Last edited:

Desiderius

Patron
Arcane Bomber is now better at high levels than Alchemist, only problem is that his bombs don't have precision and can damage my own guys. I specialized him into Cold damage, took cold bombs and filled rest of the slots with Snowballs and then focused into ranged touch attacks and since both attacks ignore SR I didn't need to take any feats for that. Due to Mythic abilities and ability to metamagic Snowballs this dude is more useful than Alchemist at high levels.
It is kind of fun specializing into one spell :D I picked up Bolster, Empower, Maximize and Quicken spell and filled all slots that don't have some personal buffs with different combinations of these metamagicked Snowballs. I made Bolster 0 modifier with Mythic but now I am figuring out I am missing Reach as well and I should have made that one 0 modifier. Also I would love if the game had metamagic feat that lets you up the damage limit of the spell, Snowballs only being 5d6 is irritating.
I just don’t get everybody trying to solo the game with their MC. Did anyone play BG this way? Alch MC does plenty of damage with Bombs as long as rest of team is doing damage too and Bomb debuffs and Infusion buffs help them do it (and stay alive).

TTT has Intensified to get up to 10d6. I haven’t figured out the best way to go with Favorite Meta yet.

Last edited:

Desiderius

Patron
Stop trying to make bombs work!
Is the problem just lack of itemization? P:K had great itemization for Alch. Haven’t played it much in Wrath. You can buy debuff/control (Blind/Stun) Bombs in DLC and occasionally find higher damage ones.

LannTheStupid

Товарищ
Patron
Yea! Play basic classes peasant while reading romance dialogues with your gay ingame sprite.
Sounds like a plan!

Is the problem just lack of itemization? P:K had great itemization for Alch.
I think Owlcat Games tend to provide more items for the classes of the companions. There is no an alchemist companion in Wrath, but there is in Kingmaker.

ArchAngel

Arcane
I just don’t get everybody trying to solo the game with their MC. Did anyone play BG this way? Alch MC does plenty of damage with Bombs as long as rest of team is doing damage too and Bomb debuffs and Infusion buffs help them do it (and stay alive).

TTT has Intensified to get up to 10d6. I haven’t figured out the best way to go with Favorite Meta yet. I guess Reach could be good to turn on Full Attacks on Fast Bombs?
I don't solo but I tried to optimize my party so they clear encounters as fast as possible. And Grenadier is not pulling his weight at high levels, he is worse than my Vital Strike Heavy Crossbow Bard atm
Of course I am playing DLC3, don't care about main campaign that is about story and unlimited resting. Here is 5 islands with only 2 rests allowed.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom